test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Profit But The Name

13»

Comments

• dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    Quantum phase inhibitor. No idea what the difference is meant to be, but whatever. :tongue:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Quantum phase inhibitor. No idea what the difference is meant to be, but whatever. :tongue:
    Well, that makes less sense. Quantum phase transitions are something different and happen at zero temperature.

2bnb7apx.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    given that we don't really know how it works.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    given that we don't really know how it works.....
    How logical of you. I believe you have cracked to code in ever Sci-Fi argument ever made. ;)

And Stan Lee agrees.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4_zFYnnn2Y

To sum up: The story is in the writers hands.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Enh the Tholians apparently caused whatever happened to the Lukari star.

Right, the Tholians used some 'standard' method of messing with the Lukari star to get their hands on the Tox Uhat because it could do the job on the Na'kuhl star type.

The Tholians are either remarkably good at planning or are the ones secretly funding the Temporal Liberation Front.

Why not both?
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User

Us 21st century folks trying to understand 31st century tech is like somebody from the Crusades trying to understand a fission reactor. 31st century tech is literally as far ahead of 2410 tech as 2410 tech is ahead of 2010s tech.
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User

Us 21st century folks trying to understand 31st century tech is like somebody from the Crusades trying to understand a fission reactor. 31st century tech is literally as far ahead of 2410 tech as 2410 tech is ahead of 2010s tech.

Probably a lot farther.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • donaldtrump#4580 donaldtrump Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 2016
    [deleted]
    Post edited by donaldtrump#4580 on
  • donaldtrump#4580 donaldtrump Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 2016
    [deleted]
    Post edited by donaldtrump#4580 on
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I just have to finish up the Delta Rising storyarc, then I just have to finish up final temporal missions. Even with all of the distractions of multiple characters :o
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Its all Guinan's fault. If Guinan hadn't convinced Tasha to go with the Enterprise to a timeline she didn't belong in, then Sela would never have been born.

Sela would never have gotten invovled in the Iconian War.

The Iconian War would never have happened if Sela hadn't betrayed the Iconians, costing them their world heart.

If the Iconian War hadn't happened then the Sphere Builders wouldn't have happened.

If the Sphere Builders hadn't happened, then the those universes destroyed and the ones they warped, would never have been harmed.

See its all Guinans fault :D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    Its all Guinan's fault. If Guinan hadn't convinced Tasha to go with the Enterprise to a timeline she didn't belong in, then Sela would never have been born.

The Iconian War would never have happened if Sela hadn't betrayed the Iconians, costing them their world heart.

If the Iconian War hadn't happened then the Sphere Builders wouldn't have happened.

If the Sphere Builders hadn't happened, then the those universes destroyed and the ones they warped, would never have been harmed.

I'd argue that it's actually Armus's fault. see, the reason Tasha went back was because Guinan told her about how she was to have a random "pointless" death. Thus if Armus hadn't killed her she wouldn't have gone back.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    lordgyor wrote: »

I'd argue that it's actually Armus's fault. see, the reason Tasha went back was because Guinan told her about how she was to have a random "pointless" death. Thus if Armus hadn't killed her she wouldn't have gone back.

I mean, technically, it's Zephram Cochran's fault. If he hadn't invented warp drive, the Enterprise wouldn't exist, and Tasha never would have visited Armus' planet at all.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone