Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Beyond horrible.

2»

Comments

• Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Please leave anything from that steaming pile of horse manure out of STO. Just pretend it does not exist.

Your face is horrible, lets just pretend it does not exist either! :)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    Hmm, I believe the internet refers to this type of thread as a s***post.

Yep, definitely looks like it.
  • Options
    tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    scarling wrote: »
    Here, have a big picture from Beyond.
    star-terk-beyond-scotty-jaylah.jpg

"Alien-Chick" is HOT.

Would be really cool to have her as a Boff. :p:#

Moar Space Barbie plz
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    I found 'Beyond' to be my favorite of the Reboot films. Indeed, I think that is among the better of the films in the Franchise as a whole. I enjoyed the backstory of the villains. I liked the aliens in the opening. I approved of the nod to Nimoy. I like Jaylah, and I hope that she sticks around.

But those are my opinions and anyone is welcome to take them or leave them as they desire.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Actually the thread should be in Ten Forward. That is true. Yes this is my opinion of the movie. It's not going to change.

Spoiler below.

But I did like where Spock pulled out the picture of the old crew. That was the best part for me.

That's all I will say. Mods can move this to the appropriate sub forum.

Being a die-hard, Prime Universe TOS Trek fan is fine and your prerogative (I too am one), but completely rejecting the current iteration is rather silly, as there is never going to be anything like the original series/movies again.

Three of the original cast are already gone and the remaining are well up there in years.
    Thus any dreams of seeing them reunited, are just that, dreams...

It's a new era, time to embrace the future.

That doesn't mean you have to give up or forget what has come before, it just means you should at least try to keep an open mind and consider it a continuation of Star Trek's Life story.

The Original TV Series was the birth of the wonderful child we welcomed into our lives and called Star Trek.
    With the first six movies we watched it develop through its teenage years and grow into adulthood.

The Next Generation, Deep Space-9 and Voyager TV shows became its offspring, which for better or worse, we also accepted into the Trek fold and watched as they grew and developed into adulthood themselves through four more movies.

Now since 2009 we have had the third generation of the Star Trek family dropped at our doorstep in a basket, waiting for us to either open the door and adopt with loving arms or let starve to death due to our indifference and/or dislike...

Which kind of parent/kin do you really want to be to something that has been around for 50 years and you've loved since first laying eyes on it...??

And so as not to forget..., we are now about six months away from the birth of another Trek baby, the Fourth Generation of our ever expanding Trek Family Tree.

Will you let this one wither and die because it is so different from it's Great Grand Parent...

Or will you, just as in real life, accept that which you truly love unconditionally, no matter it's differences and flaws that may annoy you.

Star Trek has been a wonderful part of my life since September 8th, 1966.

Through all it's ups and downs over the last 50 years, I've accepted it with all its beauty and warts, its good and its bad...

And I will continue to do so with the same love and affection it has held in my heart since its inception.

Can you not find it in yourself to do the same?
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Going to have to disagree with you on this OP, Beyond ticked all the right boxes for me
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    This discussion has been closed.