What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ferengi Nagus policy wrong

124»

Comments

• Options
    tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Can the "Rest-of-us-not-as-deserving-players" have the GPL Ship as an A.dmiralty S.ystem S.hip Card and not the actual ship nor the swag?

:);):p:#

IB4TL
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Sadly this will soon be closed, we are no longer allowed to voice our disgust with this situation, not here at least.

And part of the reason for that is delusional people talking about how they think Cryptic can be sued about this ... news flash, they CAN'T. This was a very poorly executed promo of some kind, and managed to alienate and/or insult some of Cryptic's moat devoted players, but it was NOT illegal in any way.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    masterfiretrollmasterfiretroll Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Sadly this will soon be closed, we are no longer allowed to voice our disgust with this situation, not here at least.

And part of the reason for that is delusional people talking about how they think Cryptic can be sued about this ... news flash, they CAN'T. This was a very poorly executed promo of some kind, and managed to alienate and/or insult some of Cryptic's moat devoted players, but it was NOT illegal in any way.

news flash read Consumer Affairs ... what if somebody was point this out to DOJ
    https://www.justice.gov/
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User

Don't make the mistake of thinking blowback can't happen if it's offsite.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options

news flash read Consumer Affairs ... what if somebody was point this out to DOJ
    https://www.justice.gov/

This was a GIVEAWAY!!!! You can't sue anyone over a GIVEAWAY!!!! People received emails without spending a dime, so you can't try to label it a lottery either.

Was this poorly executed? Absolutely. Should the email have been worded differently? Hell yes! Am I pissed off about this giveaway? Yes, very! Was this 100 percent legal? Unquestionably yes.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    masterfiretrollmasterfiretroll Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    poorly executed e-mail promo that's understatement damage been done
    now it's time to fix it..
  • Options

Don't make the mistake of thinking blowback can't happen if it's offsite.

I honestly don't use any other sites to discuss STO, so that really doesn't matter to me. I was just pointing out that the word has been given that this topic is no longer allowed to be discussed here.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Offer a non-gold plated one in the zen store or Lobi. Problem solved.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    If people are awarded a ship from a lock box does everyone need to get the ship to make it fair.

Except they can, as pretty much every ship of awarded has some go on the market. So your comparison to that is false.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    And No I'm not pissed at people who got the ship. Heck I don't want the gold version or swag. I just want a regular version like I was excited about when I first heard of it possibly coming.

So no you don't get to tell me how I get to feel about that, especially if you got the promotion.

It was a dumb move by them, not only alienating to people who support the game through purchases and subscriptions, but a dumb move to exclude a ship tied to a character species in the game. And dumb timing alienating players, with a big anniversary event tied to the setting on top of it.

This discussion has been closed.