What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ferengi Nagus policy wrong

Comments

• Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Obviously needs to go back to school and learn to speak and write English properly too, BTW.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    News Flash.. Cryptic doesn't care if you think it's 'fair' or not.

Just like they reward players that quit over those that stay, they reward those that they 'value' for whatever reason over those of us that apparently don't do 'enough.'

Your choices are accept it and let it go, or quit the game. Cryptic doesn't care if you're unhappy and they're not going to change.

You're all wasting your time and effort, just like I did by posting this.

Oh and in before the lock.. Woohooo!! :)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Just like they reward players that quit over those that stay, they reward those that they 'value' for whatever reason over those of us that apparently don't do 'enough.'

Your choices are accept it and let it go, or quit the game. Cryptic doesn't care if you're unhappy and they're not going to change.

Please stop acting like this.

What the hell are you talking about?

Nothing I typed wasn't true.. and I don't care. I wouldn't fly that gold plated TRIBBLE even if I had one. I'm just not under the delusion that Cryptic is going to try and make me happy.

If you don't like my points, don't read them. I don't ever get 'picked' and I still play. Obviously, I have accepted it and moved on.
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    'Filled with Enterprise-F themed crew swag?' Did I miss something somewhere?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    captsol wrote: »

Seems like there are two groups of people that got the Nagus Marauder, the people that got the email and the people that got the swag. I expect that the people that got the swag are bloggers and other media personalities like Youtubers that have reviewed the game.
  • Options
    starkaos wrote: »

Seems like there are two groups of people that got the Nagus Marauder, the people that got the email and the people that got the swag. I expect that the people that got the swag are bloggers and other media personalities like Youtubers that have reviewed the game.

Ahhhhhhh. Makes sense, thanks!
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited July 2016

^^ 100% Agreed. Re-opening this thread/wound serves no useful purpose whatsoever.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    masterfiretrollmasterfiretroll Member Posts: 116 Arc User

that's not true we have fleet members that got the Nagus Marauder pack that spent only cash

so their was requirements for cash only No disclose, is violating
  • Options

What are you talking about?! I got the ship, and the same email specifically says: "As an additional thank you, a package full of Enterprise-F Crew themed swag will be delivered to your destination shortly." It's not either/or.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »

What are you talking about?! I got the ship, and the same email specifically says: "As an additional thank you, a package full of Enterprise-F Crew themed swag will be delivered to your destination shortly." It's not either/or.

Oh? That's interesting. Mine just mentions the Marauder and I haven't found anything in the mail yet.
  • Options

Oh? That's interesting. Mine just mentions the Marauder and I haven't found anything in the mail yet.

It's underneath the Redeem button (in the email), where it also says: "When this package is beamed down, you will find that it contains limited edition items including hats, t-shirts, pint and tumbler glasses, as well as a copy of Star Trek Online signed by members of the Development team!"
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options

It's underneath the Redeem button (in the email), where it also says: "When this package is beamed down, you will find that it contains limited edition items including hats, t-shirts, pint and tumbler glasses, as well as a copy of Star Trek Online signed by members of the Development team!"

Nope, nothing like that below my 'Redeem' button. There must be some other criteria for getting that I didn't meet. Rumors are only Bloggers and Youtubers got the swag.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    I only got the Maurader E-mail and that is more than enough for me.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    It appears that people got the ship, who are well known in sto. Like you expect them to get it, just because they do a blog or a podcast or just appear a lot in your game.

Basically, it seems that way. The ship was given to "Cryptic insiders".

https://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3627820&pagenumber=520&perpage=40#post462326878
    Meaning they won't tell because they don't want to reveal it's based on favoritism rather than how much you spent on the game. Pubbies would rage at the fact they spent $2000 for nothing.

**Edit**

Someone should claim to have never spent a cent on the game and received a package. It would cause nerd aneurysms of an apocalyptic scale.
    Untitled2_zpsrn39qaal.jpg~original

https://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3627820&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=520#post462338221
    The word's already getting around about how Cryptic insiders are going to get a T6 Nagus issued free to every member of Dental. I don't think it's worth worrying about the ones we already have stocked up.
    Untitled_zpswpizcabm.jpg~original

http://massivelyop.com/2016/07/20/star-trek-online-confuses-community-with-ship-giveaway/
    Update: A representative for PWE issued the following statement to Massively OP in regard to these ships: “The gold-plated T6 Ferengi ship was sent out to a select group of players as part of an e-mail specific promotion. Unfortunately we aren’t able to reveal any additional information, as it goes against our policy to protect the privacy of our community members.”

In other words, PWE didn't want players to find out that after all this time, Starfleet Dental have been on Cryptic's payroll. They are the devs. Probably the Q/A team, testing things before they go live. Just my guess.
  • Options

Nope, nothing like that below my 'Redeem' button. There must be some other criteria for getting that I didn't meet. Rumors are only Bloggers and Youtubers got the swag.

Why, that's pretty strange, as it's not in another email, but the *same*! (With the Subject: "A Token of Appreciation from the Nagus")
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016

In other words, PWE didn't want players to find out that after all this time, Starfleet Dental have been on Cryptic's payroll. They are the devs. Probably the Q/A team, testing things before they go live. Just my guess.

As I have one and I am not in and have never been in Dental nor any kind of Cryptic Insider I can assure you that is false.

Why, that's pretty strange, as it's not in another email, but the *same*! (With the Subject: "A Token of Appreciation from the Nagus")

It is, indeed. Mysterious Mysteries. :)
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    If people are awarded a ship from a lock box does everyone need to get the ship to make it fair.

download.jpg
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    It was a terrible PR move and whoever's bright idea it was probably got fired, but do we really have to bring this up again?

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

It could be due to your numerous player guides why you got the swag and others just got the ship.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

As I have one and I am not in and have never been in Dental nor any kind of Cryptic Insider I can assure you that is false.

It is, indeed. Mysterious Mysteries. :)

OK. It's false that only they got the ship. Apparently it was given out to people who aren't in their fleet of special insiders snowflakes.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    So EVERYONE in the starfleet dental fleet got one?
    Is that favortism or what?
    If i join that fleet do i then get one?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    its no different than a lock box and nobody is saying we should get a ship if someone else earns one.

download.jpg
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    This outcome is the only possible one for this "promotion", especially with the way it was worded. Perhaps Cryptics team that came up with the idea, and the language used will remember this the next time.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    its no different than a lock box and nobody is saying we should get a ship if someone else earns one.

I've seen reports of people who go the ship that spent very little, or no money, on the game. How much someone spent was probably 1 criteria, and it was probably given to people who are popular among the community and do things for them, like giveaway events and whatnot.

Edit: And I've seen reports of players who claimed to have spent thousands of dollars on the game that didn't get the ship.

Basically, the only people who know the real reason why some got the ship is PWE and/or Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Anytime you give out an item to only a 'few' players, and then top it off by making the qualifying conditions top secret, this is going to happen.

There are going to be a million angry theories, and every one of them is Cryptic's fault. All the 'cloak and dagger' bull TRIBBLE has to stop. If you want to give a ship to people that spent X, or people that are well known in the community, or whatever.. fine. Just send an email saying 'you did X, so here is Y as a thanks.'

Giving it out the way they did and refusing to say why only provokes anger and hard feelings among the player base. The fact that this has happened before and the practice continues is all the proof you need. Cryptic simply doesn't care what people think, they're going to do what they want.

Their PR department is clueless.
  • Options
    Lets just be happy for the people who got one.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    *attempts to treat the wounds of the dead horse with a dermal regenerator...*
  • Options
    nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I got mine yesterday. I am happy. And I am no special snowflake either. But then again, I have played the game along time and bought zen. Not sure why everyone getting so upset about it though. It is basically the T5 Marauder as a T6 with a gold paint job.
    Post edited by nateham101#2745 on
    1Wlp6QH.gif
This discussion has been closed.