test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disappearing Items

vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
edited July 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So the last week or so, I've been loosing random items, Shields, engines, a torpedo and a console. Thus far, it's everything I can replace fairly easily, But the list is growing.

I know my account hasn't been compromised, cause I still have A LOT of stuff. A lot of it more valuable than what I've lost.

I haven't upgraded the gear in question, (recently), nor have I dismissed ships with items on them. These Items are just gone.

I've also started to notice things like pets, some ground items are getting duplicated too.

I'm willing to concede that it's possible that I've lost my mind with exhaustion on occasion and I can't rule out accidental deletion, BUT I've also noticed that "upgrade" and "discard" are awfully close to one another. Maybe that's not such a good idea.

There are some items you can't delete without actually confirming the deletion, there are also some items you can reclaim, but then there are others you can't reclaim, and don't ask for confirmation.

Firstly, what I'd like to know is if I'm going crazy. Is it just me? Have other people noticed items missing? It seems to me to have really started after the last expansion, however, the item duplicate situation's been going on for a little while now.

Secondly, I'd like to request that mission items, items that have been upgraded, and lobi items, not be so easily discarded, that there should be some sort of question, or confirmation if it were, before deleting "items of value", (again, items that have been upgraded, items purchased with lobi store, or items gotten through the reputation system ect.).

It seems with tribble multiplying lock boxes dropping and maps with tons of loot drops, it's real easy to run outa space fast, sometimes mid mission. There has to be a way of questioning the deletion of more valuable items, over loot trash, (common, or uncommon). Very rare items SHOULD require confirmation like having to type DELETE in my opinion. We already have this function for some items already. Like bridge officers, some C store items ect.

I'd also like to request that the item reclaim function be expanded beyond what we have now, (lock box consoles, event items ect). I know you can reclaim most items right away provided you don't change maps, however, if you don't notice you've deleted something right away, your outa luck, further lobi items, to my knowledge, are not reclaimable period, even if you catch it right away and some do not ask you if you want to delete it.

Look, I myself would pay dilithium for such a feature, (provided it's reasonable) and while I'm not ruling out stupidity on my side, there is something going on beyond my purview, some items ARE BEING DUPLICATED, so who's to say the issues are not somehow related ?

Thanks for your time. :)
tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Sorry, I just found the other post where others have listed their missing items.
    Feel better that I'm not alone, while feeling more worried that this is a bigger issue than I thought.

Anyway, my suggestions about reclaiming items still stand, now more than ever.
    Post edited by vengefuldjinn on
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif