test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

newly started temporal agent unsure how to make credits needed to do active quests

blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
hey yall i'm new to this whole agents of yesterday temporal agent thing i just started a new temporal agent made it up to the starfleet academy part and now am unsure how to make the necessary credits that are needed to be able to continue on with the quests that i have active for the agents of yesterday portion of the game. might anyone have any suggestions on how i can make the energy creds needed to do these quests?

Comments

• Options
    velimattialavelimattiala Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Not sure what you are referring to. Don't there is a requirement to have any EC to do missions.

Generally though, sell dropped loot.
  • Options
    i'm refering to the fact that for transwarping to these missions requires at least for some of them a minimum of 20000 energy credits as i don't have that amount of energy credits to transwarp to do the quest or even begin the mission it leaves me kinda screwed with no options and no way of being able to accept any quests or missions in modern day 25th century portion of the game
    Not sure what you are referring to. Don't there is a requirement to have any EC to do missions.

Generally though, sell dropped loot.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Don't transwarp then, use your ship and fly (auto-navigate in travel options).

EDIT: You are not supposed transwarp in early game anyway. It's just a Quick-Travel method for end-gameish purposes when you've already "been everywhere".
  • Options
    even if i just go to the system or planet i can't even get in to do the quests or missions as these are temporal missions they all take place back in the 23rd century and i have no clue how to get back to the 23rd century in order to even do these bloody missions. how are newly created tempral agents even supposed to be able to do these damn quests without being able to go back to the 23rd century
    Don't transwarp then, use your ship and fly (auto-navigate in travel options).

EDIT: You are not supposed transwarp in early game anyway. It's just a Quick-Travel method for end-gameish purposes when you've already "been everywhere".

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yeah, transwarping to the mission is merely a convenience that costs EC. I never bothered to transwarp anywhere if it costs EC even though I can afford it.

As for getting EC, I replayed Battle of Caleb several times over to get level appropriate weapons an torpedoes. What is not installed on my current ship at the time was listed on the Exchange for sale. What price you should sell items for depends on what others have listed (which could be too high) and what you think could be a "reasonable" price. The prices have gone down though.

I probably earned around 12m EC selling unwanted gear. But like I said I played Battle of Caleb to get level appropriate gear to fill in all the slot. So if the ship I am flying has 6 weapon slots, then I would run the mission 4 times. I use fore and aft torpedoes along with beam arrays. The mission rewards a beam array, dual heavy cannons and photon torpedo.

• Options
    thing is if you die in the one mission in the tutorial it moves you to modern day 25th century and gives you absolutely no way to get back so basically if you are just starting out as a temporal agent your more or less screwed at least that is the way i am seeing it. so how can you completely that very first babel mission without kicking the bucket and being moved to modern day earth i mean there has to be a way to stay alive without all this transwarp spend energy credits bs to get back to the 23rd century
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    you need to be closer then 0.99 to the planet then the option shows up
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    blondie987 wrote: »
    thing is if you die in the one mission in the tutorial it moves you to modern day 25th century and gives you absolutely no way to get back so basically

That sounds odd. "dying" should just respawn at what ever is the latest respawn point or the mission starting point. It should not kick you out of the mission at all not to mention to an entirely different location. Even "beaming out" and dropping the mission should just drop you back to your ship in sector space orbiting Babel. Considering that is not the last mission in the 23c arc it should definitely not bring you to 25c.

• Options
    Yeah, that sound definitely weird. However, you should still be able to fly to the planet / system where the mission is supposed to take place to begin the mission. You just need to be close to the location of the mission.

The downside is that you no longer have access to 23rd century Earth Space Dock (ESD), so if there are anything you wanted to buy will in the 23rd century, then you no longer have the option to do so.

Oh, I check prices of gear rewarded by the AoY missions on the Exchange and they definitely took a nose dive recently. So I guess I was fortunate to make 12m EC selling "trash".
  • Options
    its not the babel mission that does that its the one where you are left to fend off a bunch of klingons after the 3 federation ships esacpe the system
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    its not the babel mission that does that its the one where you are left to fend off a bunch of klingons after the 3 federation ships esacpe the system

Ah, you're supposed to "die" in that. Daniels grabs you (and crew) and brings you to the future. Space skip all the dialog did you?

• Options
    no i did not space skip all of the dialogue i just did the cabal 4 mission before doing any of the others this time around i did all of the other missions before doing cabal 4 this way i can replay them without having to spend the energy credits and it got me to commander level before finishing the cabal 4 mission
  • Options

Yeah, that is the last mission in the AoY story arc for the 23rd century. You are actually supposed to "die" in that mission; Battle of of Caleb IV. If you watch the cut scene Daniels basically tells you that your ship was destroyed and everyone was presumed to be dead. Daniels basically recruits you as a temporal agent and he drops you and your bridge crew off in the 25th century. From that point on you play the standard missions in the game beginning with Welcome to Earth Spacedock where Admiral Quinn formally promotes you to the rank if Lt. Commander and you are given the opportunity to select a free Tier 2 starship from the shipyard.

The next mission after that is Stranded in Space which is the 1st mission in the Klingon War story arc. Do not bother transwarping to mission destinations, simply fly to the system as indicated on the map with a white circle. Pressing "J" should bring you to your mission journal log. From there you can set the mission to be your primary mission, that changes the color of the circle and the arrow pointing you to your destination to yellow.

Here is a tip:

There is a mission called The Core Of The Matter in the Yesterday's War story arc which at the moment can be played when you reach level 20. This is only for a short time promotion though before it gets changed to a level 40+ mission. Not sure how long the promotion will last, maybe until next Thursday. I am sure there is an announcement about it, but I am too lazy to check. I recommend you play the mission several times to collect the reward.

The one of the selectable reward is the Neutronium Laced Combat Armor. When you are between level 20 - 29 this will be a Mk VI armor. The mark level scales up depending on your rank when you complete the mission. You are allowed to upgrade this armor for free up to Mk XII depending on your rank. Simply put the armor in your inventory right click, and select "upgrade". The upgrade window will pop up and from there click the button to upgrade the armor. You can upgrade the armor beyond Mk XII (to Mk XIV), but you need to use resources like Superior Ground Upgrade Kits and Refined Dilithium. Other reward options are various disruptor weapons. But I do not believe they are free to upgrade.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Neutronium-Laced_Combat_Armor

I played the mission 5 times to get the armor for my captain and Bridge officers. I am currently level 52 so those armor have been upgraded to Mk XI.

There is a follow up mission that is called Vorgon Conclusion which rewards a Dielectric Oscillation Personal Shield Mk XII (no info about it) which I assume might be part of a ground set along with the armor. I could be wrong. However, this is a level 43 mission so you cannot play it until later. I believe it is after the Cardassian Struggle story arc.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I actually don't like the Neutronium armor that much. It's a nice reward, but the defensive stats aren't good enough for me to choose it over regen armor.

There's no set, the Dielectric shield is Breen tech, the Neutronium armor is.... I have no idea.... Probably made out of leftover pieces of the Planetkiller. Also the Breen are why the generic rewards for VC are Polaron rifles.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    I actually don't like the Neutronium armor that much. It's a nice reward, but the defensive stats aren't good enough for me to choose it over regen armor.

There's no set, the Dielectric shield is Breen tech, the Neutronium armor is.... I have no idea.... Probably made out of leftover pieces of the Planetkiller. Also the Breen are why the generic rewards for VC are Polaron rifles.

Okay, so no set... oh well.

I think the armor is pretty decent at that point in time during the game. The extra HP it gives is pretty good and I gave a Risian Tribble* to everyone which gives +0.05 HP regeneration and +1% HP for 3600 seconds / 1 hour. For free ground sets, I actually prefer the Romulan Imperial Navy set (only one armor and one shield per captain though) from Uneasy Allies in the Iconian War story arc. I generally give my Boffs the Na'kuhl ground set from The Temporal Front in the current story arc.

The Romulan and Na'kuhl sets are pretty good free ground sets, Natural ground sets from the different Reputations can be better, but they are not free.

* For those who do not know, the Risian Tribble is created by purchasing one of the Risian food on Risa which costs 8 favors and also placing a Tribble in your inventory. After 60 minutes of actual playing time on that specific captain a Risian Tribble is created. That means you need 40 favors to create 5 Risian Tribbles. Having 5 Tribbles and 5 Risian Food in your inventory will mean after 60 minutes you can have 5 Risian Tribbles.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,552 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    ^ you can also do that with Comet Cocktails from Drozena Station for damage resist tribbles instead of HP tribbles.

You only need 1 cocktail per Triolic Tribble.
  • Options
    My favorite freebie armor is still the Jem'Hadar armor. It totally lacks physical resist, but it's got KILLER HP regen.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    declarent#1536 declarent Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same thing happened to me. I did Cabal 4 first, and now I can't go back to 23c to do any of the other missions. Any way to go back? Seems weird that the game would give you the last mission and allow you to complete it before doing any of the others.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Once you are in the 25th century there is no way currently to go back to the 23rd. That being said You should still be able to complete the other missions Go to the mission list in the journal, they should have the hail button Click it then go to your ship and auto navigate to the missions starting location, from there you should get the begin mission button.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    Sadly, going to the mission location doesn't trigger the mission popup. Ah, well.
  • Options
    Strange, I do not recall having the option to skip directly to the last mission in AoY. Could be a bug. The best thing to do is probably to delete and create your AoY captain. I had to do the same thing due to a game breaking bug within a couple of days after AoY was launched.
  • Options
    Anything in those missions that I need? I can create an alt just to see the content, but I hate to start over completely unless there's a unique reward or something similar.
  • Options
    There are no unique rewards in those missions. However, when you speak with the temporal agent, Philip Crey, who stands right outside of Admiral Quinn's office you will be given a temporal device (I don't recall the exact name). When you activate it a little window will open that basically shows you optional objectives you can complete that will give unlock rewards that are either specifically for your AoY captain, or account wide rewards. One of them is for completing every single mission in all the story arcs through the Borg Advance. There are a total of 8 story arcs up to that point which I believe also includes the AoY tutorial missions; it's likely an account wide reward. Completing each individual story arc also gives you some type of reward, but it is specifically for the AoY captain.

You can click the link below for some general information about the rewards.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10048913-temporal-agent-recruitment
  • Options
    Those starter missions are the only source of TOS boffs that aren't white quality.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Thanks guys, much appreciated!
  • Options
    I have not played the new missions so I cannot offer any input.
  • Options
    daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    use D'kora bridge invites to smuggle money and goodies ....

and then smuggle 23rd stuffs to the future

always a job for the temporal smuggling business

Mzd8i1c.gif
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,147 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    There is a mission called The Core Of The Matter in the Yesterday's War story arc which at the moment can be played when you reach level 20. This is only for a short time promotion though before it gets changed to a level 40+ mission. Not sure how long the promotion will last, maybe until next Thursday. I am sure there is an announcement about it, but I am too lazy to check. I recommend you play the mission several times to collect the reward.
    I've not seen anything about it to suggest it's only 20+ for a limited time.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    I've not seen anything about it to suggest it's only 20+ for a limited time.

Yeah, you are correct. The Yesterday's War story arc is unlike other story arcs in the past. The Core of the Matter seems to be a straight up level 20 mission. After completing it the next mission, Vorgon Conclusion, is a level 43 mission and the story arc jumps past the Cardassian Struggle story arc. I haven't played the mission after that, Terminal Expanse, so I do know what the minimum level is for that mission.
  • Options
    also the Yesterday's war story tab moves around in the Journal.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing