test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jupitior V Vo'ghul

sorry for my my spelling..

how can a T5u match a t6 carrier..

Bop's v callistos.

I'll use crafted tets and rip shields apart, and with crafted exotic bits with eng can move and hit.

even with imp. leader/wing comdr..

good fights but...

Give me a T6 KDF carrier, and I'll rip too bits.

PS.

if cryptic keeps ignoring us KDF/ROM players then the game is going too die..!

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    if cryptic keeps ignoring us KDF/ROM players then the game is going too die..!

They seem to make more money when they make things for us feds instead ...

NEW1_021_premium.gif?12580
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    timonicustimonicus Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Had the vo'quv on my kdf, havent played on my kdf in ages, but the bop pets at the time annihlated everything, the battlecloak is handy, as far as I know the jupitor pets are still bugged
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    bugged or not the Jupiter pets are decent.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    timonicus wrote: »
    Had the vo'quv on my kdf, havent played on my kdf in ages, but the bop pets at the time annihlated everything, the battlecloak is handy, as far as I know the jupitor pets are still bugged

bugged or not the Jupiter pets are decent.

really?

I'll put up a vesta with yellowstones and see what happens.

Not exactly a fair comparison seeing how the vesta is still a top ship and the jupiter parctically drowns in it's mediocrity.

As for "decent" callistos, narrow arc wepaons + subpar turn rate + bad "AI" = bad pet. Bugged or not their cocnept alone is what makes them fail compared to a beam based pet.
  • Options
    axenomeaxenome Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I have to agree. There's no logic in the Callistos being as slow, unmaneuverable, and clunky as they are- a Callisto is smaller than a defiant, and a Defiant is fast, maneuverable, and comparatively flimsy. There's no reason for a callisto to have a 4 degree turn rate; the JUPITER turns faster than they do. I've checked. At least give the little buggers an 18 degree turn rate and faster impulse speed. They're pretty garbage as they are because between fights you have to unslot the Callisto pets to despawn them, reslot, move to next area, and relaunch. Otherwise, you have a choice of waiting 6 minutes for them to move 15 km, waiting 8 minutes for them to dock (if they dock at all, because buggy ai), or... just kill everything yourself. At which point... Why fly a Jupiter in the first place?
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I like how at the end you couldn't help yourself but to mention that the game was going to die. It's like you had a really great start on a quality thread, with a reasonable topic, brought in some half-way decent points to back up your claims, and then loaded it all on board the Doom train and sent it over a cliff.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,051 Community Moderator
    I'm going to have to agree with iconians. This would be a GREAT topic to discuss... but now it is mired by it being a disguised DOOOOM thread.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Isn't that just ironic?

How many Doom trains have gone off a cliff now?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    axenomeaxenome Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I don't care about hype doom trains. I care about the Callistos being terrible to use. For the love of dilithium, PLEASE bring these up to par with the Bird of Preys or Drone ships.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I agree that the Callistos need to be fixed, but I find its rarely a serious problem for me, and they amazing against clusters of enemies.

They're the best pets I've ever had for combat.

The advanced Callistos have two Quantum Torpedo launchers and Torpedo spread II, and which can be just rip ships aparts, and its good for getting rid of spam (so it Canon Volley II). And they are insanely tough.

Yeah the impulse issue a pain and I'd love it if they'd fix it, but I find with a bit of effory, they were work out fine, most of the time I just dock them and unleash them at the location.

Tip, if they're right by you, but taking forever to dock, switch to an other command and back to dock.

They just crush the Undine, do way better against the Voth then any pets I've ever seen, and the Voth and they reflective shields are a pets bane, they just wipe out fighters without breaking sweat, they can all but clean out Kerrat of borg probes and spheres, great against the Feklri. They rock during the Battle of Poycon V.

They have hull points of 62,800 by rank 5, and I'm only level 52, so I expect by level 60 that will go up.

But that doesn't mean that BoP pets are undone, in a straight up fight, the BoPs will crush the Callistos, easily, because the BoPs deal way more single target damage and get a boost when decloaking.

But the Callistos are way better against spam and clustered enemies.

A BoPs against a tight cluster will focus fire on one enemy at a time and crush it fast, great against a borg cube, unimitrix, planet killers, ect...

But the Callistos will nail entire tightly clustered waves of enemies with torpedo spreads and Canon Volleys, destroying the wave, the mines, they fighters, targetable torps.

So neither is better then the other, they're just different, with different focus, very high single target damage vs. high group damage, battle cloak vs. scratch the paint/higher HP, except the impulse problem on the Callistos makes the BoPs better in one important way, movement between battles.

Still your Carrier being T5U vs T6 has no direct impact on the quality of your hangar pets. Romulan Drone Ship hangars work exactly the same way on the T5 Scimitar as they do on the T6 Scimitar for example.

I only have advanced Callistos, but I've heard from some sources that Elite Callistos they have TS III, but the STO wiki says they have TS II only, which is true?
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Full support i would love to upgrade my KDF pirate ship
  • Options
    The KDF will get a carrier, eventual, its just not a proirity. Hell they could just call the extra KDF carrier skin the T6 carrier, they've done that sort of thing before, then bump the Lt. Sci to Lt. Commander Sci or add an uni ensign. Make one of the Lt. Commanders or Commander an Intel hybrid. Done. Less then 1 days work.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    "I don't care about hype doom trains. I care about the Callistos being terrible to use. For the love of dilithium, PLEASE bring these up to par with the Bird of Preys or Drone ships."

They just need to fix the impulse. They do wicked damage to multiple targets, by level sixty they have over 70,000 hp. They have more weapons then the B'rel (but the B'rel's are more focused on powers that deal high single target damage). The Callistos have twice the torpedo launchers and two forward energy weapons, a dual heavy cannons and a quad cannon, which admittedly they almost never use.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,051 Community Moderator
    lordgyor wrote: »
    The KDF will get a carrier, eventual, its just not a proirity. Hell they could just call the extra KDF carrier skin the T6 carrier, they've done that sort of thing before, then bump the Lt. Sci to Lt. Commander Sci or add an uni ensign. Make one of the Lt. Commanders or Commander an Intel hybrid. Done. Less then 1 days work.

Its not less than one day of work. There would be coding to make her a seperate ship, coding the stats, coding in the c-store page, writing the details, coding in a T6 trait...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    I wonder if consoles will have a revitalized KDF. I cant wait for the console launch just to see how this "clean" environment develops using the current build of the game (well, the 3 months ago build anyways)
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I wonder if consoles will have a revitalized KDF. I cant wait for the console launch just to see how this "clean" environment develops using the current build of the game (well, the 3 months ago build anyways)
    I suspect it will not, because I believe the "Fed bias" is innate in the franchise.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    Your using a preexisting skin, so no artist needed, and reusing the Jupiters console and trait, changing the permiters of the coding for the Voq'ue's seating.

Do you honestly think CBS preapproves starship in STO?

CBS sets up a few rules and as long as Cryptic works within those rules it can do what it wants.

So the skin already exists, which is most of the work, the console, and the trait already exist.

Doing the write is literally 10 minutes work. Its a short blurb, that's it.

In my preposal they’re not coding for new ship from scratch, but literally just changing some parametres on the Voq'ue, to create a T6 verison. Literally 1 day's work at most.

The only reason not to do this is if they're plsnning on doing a contest like they did for the Jupiter.
  • Options
    freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Your using a preexisting skin, so no artist needed, and reusing the Jupiters console and trait, changing the permiters of the coding for the Voq'ue's seating.

Do you honestly think CBS preapproves starship in STO?

CBS sets up a few rules and as long as Cryptic works within those rules it can do what it wants.

So the skin already exists, which is most of the work, the console, and the trait already exist.

Doing the write is literally 10 minutes work. Its a short blurb, that's it.

In my preposal they’re not coding for new ship from scratch, but literally just changing some parametres on the Voq'ue, to create a T6 verison. Literally 1 day's work at most.

The only reason not to do this is if they're plsnning on doing a contest like they did for the Jupiter.

You may think the Jupiter is frigging awesome and want one I however do not want a rip-off that combines the slot layout of a Fleet Vo'quv with the Boff seating of the Caitian Carrier.

If they do T6 carriers for the KDF, who were the only faction to get them as a free claimable ship as you leveled up, it should be a pair.
    One command spec engineering heavy, like the mirror version.
    And one Intel spec science heavy, like the normal version.
    They can always just add a line to the standard Vo'quv description stating the T6 versions are upgraded from the normal and the mirror versions.

However as stated before, since the Feds have stolen everything that use to be unique from the KDF I'm waiting for them to end support for the KDF side entirely, like they did with the Mac support.
    There were almost as many Mac players as there are currently KDF mains so, they did it once, whats to stop them doing it again?
  • Options
    Why would you give a T6 Vo'Quv an Atrox boff seating?

I was propsing keeping the current seating, T5 seating, but say slap on say a Uni Ensign, and make one of the Lt. Commanders a Hybrid Intel.

Alternate keep the current seating for Vo'Quv, but promote the Lt. Sci to Lt. Commander and make it a Temporal hyrid.

I just being realistic, that way they can create a T6 Klingon Carrier with very, very little effort.

Ideally they do both a T6 Vo'Quv and a T6 Kar'fi as well.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Your using a preexisting skin,

Stop right there. That is something they won't do already. EveryTier 6 ship so far got its own skin, I don't think they are wiling to risk deviating from that. A lot of KDF players would be pissed if they get a Tier 6 variant of a ship and no new skin, but still are expected to pay the same prize.

If Cryptic could believe they could sell Klingon ships at a higher price point to compensate the lower sales, I think the would have done so already. (Unless the Romulan Carrier in a lockbox is there first test balloon).

They might make a minimum bare bone adjustment to the base skin only for the new model, and maybe accept that it doesn't fit perfectly with all the original ship parts (like the Pathfinder parts don't really all work well with the previous LRSV parts, or the Tier 6 Flagship parts don't all fit to the Tier 5 Bortasque), but they will spend artist time on it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    Why would you give a T6 Vo'Quv an Atrox boff seating?

I was propsing keeping the current seating, T5 seating, but say slap on say a Uni Ensign, and make one of the Lt. Commanders a Hybrid Intel.

Alternate keep the current seating for Vo'Quv, but promote the Lt. Sci to Lt. Commander and make it a Temporal hyrid.

I just being realistic, that way they can create a T6 Klingon Carrier with very, very little effort.

Ideally they do both a T6 Vo'Quv and a T6 Kar'fi as well.

Please re-read my original post again.

I said that the Jupiter is a rip-off copy of the fleet Vo'quv console layout with the Boff layout of an Atrox. I never said anything about wanting either the Atrox Boff layout or the Jupiter.

Making anything for the KDF is not 'very little effort' when you have to do it on your own time, unpaid and risk annoying your boss who hates everything non-fed with a passion that borders on megalomania.
  • Options
    kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    They seem to make more money when they make things for us feds instead ...
    That's discrimination.
    There are a lot of KDFs around.
    I have a maxxed account, with ony 3 non-KDF!

Everyone should have EQUAL stuff, not just them Feds.
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
  • Options
    kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    @kiksken

When there are as few KDF only players as there are it is blatantly a money losing effort.
    So, I am to be punished because I prefer Klingon side?????
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.