test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Facility 4028 - Temporal Probe unaccessable

markus1566markus1566 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
The Temporal Probe in this Mission has one of its Spawnpoints set behind a forcefield, making in unaccessable to the Player.

Screenshot of the Map (Mouse Over the Probe; Player directly infront of mentioned Forcefield):
http://imgur.com/GKnw664

This also happens to R&D nodes on the map. They sometimes spawn in Areas of the map which are completely sealed off by forcefields and therefor cannot be accessed by the Player

Comments

• hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    I played the Mission twice and never found the probe - although I searched every Inch of the (rather small) map- even the empty cells in the main holing upstairs part. I also figured it must be behind a forcefield or unaccessable
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Same deal here, I have completely scoured the facility from top to bottom, in and out, and cannot acquire the temporal probe. This is actually really really bad as it breaks the entire system of claiming the Advanced version of the space trait "rapid support" Currently this trait is unavailable to all players because this one temporal probe is out of the reach of players.
    Post edited by horizons2052 on
  • sordacsordac Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    i have the exact same problem but you can redo the mission and hope it spawns in another area for me it was in the Main Holding Area the second time i did the mission
  • horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    sordac wrote: »
    i have the exact same problem but you can redo the mission and hope it spawns in another area for me it was in the Main Holding Area the second time i did the mission

Confirmed, you can retry the mission and get a different spawn location. I just completed it myself. Thanks for the heads up.

However, this does not excuse the fact that one or more of the potential spawn locations are in inaccessible locations to players, that is sloppy and needs to be fixed.
  • quantum42#9720 quantum42 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    sordac wrote: »

Confirmed, you can retry the mission and get a different spawn location. I just completed it myself. Thanks for the heads up.

However, this does not excuse the fact that one or more of the potential spawn locations are in inaccessible locations to players, that is sloppy and needs to be fixed.

If I had a nickel for every resource node in an inaccessible area...At least with temp probes they got
    multiple spawn locations, resource nodes don't

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    markus1566 wrote: »
    The Temporal Probe in this Mission has one of its Spawnpoints set behind a forcefield, making in unaccessable to the Player.

Screenshot of the Map (Mouse Over the Probe; Player directly infront of mentioned Forcefield):
    http://imgur.com/GKnw664

This also happens to R&D nodes on the map. They sometimes spawn in Areas of the map which are completely sealed off by forcefields and therefor cannot be accessed by the Player

Happened to me also, with the probe being in that same exact location as your screenshot.

On the bright side, there is no time limit on getting the temporal probes. So I can always go back in a few weeks, or months, and get it later. I'm not going to waste my time right now replaying/dropping the mission over and over in hopes the probe winds up in a location I can access.

So for me, it's not too big of a deal right now.