test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Bridge officer Assignment STILL missing!!

Comments

• Options
    autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    You can Search Fu your way through all the blog posts for Patch Notes starting with the most recent one HERE and find the magic phrase...
    Known Issues:
    •The Assignments to recruit Romulan Bridge officers do not appear

I've been wanting to see for a while now when the first instance of this Known Issue popped up. HERE it is ... 12 April 2016.

That means that this particular issue has been on the Known Issues list being publicly posted for only 2.5 months (roughly). April to May, and May to June. It's probably fighting for a spot on the (almighty!) *SCHEDULE* to get fixed, and that *SCHEDULE* gets made up months in advance and everyone is a SLAVE to it in a gaming company. The *SCHEDULE* doesn't get rearranged on a whim, nor does it get rearranged to resolve Quality Of Life issues like this one. That means that until a slot opens up on the *SCHEDULE* for the requisite Dev (whoever that might be) to look into the issue, it CAN'T BE FIXED.

It's not a matter of WANTING it to be fixed.
    It's a matter of having the spare resources (hah! I slay me!) to be able to spend the man-hours (however many that might be) to go back and fix it.
  • Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    I like that they write down "known issues" - this reduces the Bugs we Report and Shows that our Messages were read. And I do not expect miracle bug fixes within a day or two. But it is obvious that certain Bugs have been reported / are known for ages.
    Now why not fix Bugs rather than add tons of new Content? because Bugs just threaten to break the game while new Content brings more Money...

I would really like to see some Bugs that have been in the game adressed - I think that some Bugs lead to other Bugs. So one unnoticed bug - like Breen cluster torp not working when on autofire - may cause more serious ones.
    Defera has been buged for years. Breen Torpedo has been Buggy for at least 3 years...

If I bought a car and had to wait for spare parts for a month I'd sell it and get a different brand. If I were told to use a work around every time I tried to start the engines I wouldn't praise the car maker's Quality.

It would be awesome to get more communication AND quicker bug fixes.

SUGGESTION: mods, pls add a Topic in bug Reports called "KNOWN BUGS" that you update frequently - including Information "excluded AAA from possible reasons" and so on - more transparency gives us the Feeling that we aren't ignored and that you are working on Things.
    Also be honest and write "known issue - low priority" when that is the case.

18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    zapzapboomzapzapboom Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It should be obvious at this point that the "known issues" list is just there to placate. If it isn't something that takes away revenue or adds it to their bottom line, it's unlikely to get any attention, immediate or otherwise.
    Cryptic are here to make money for themselves, not produce a good product. Minimal effort for the maximum profit.
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    This thing I'm upset about should be everyone else's highest priority!
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User

I've been wanting to see for a while now when the first instance of this Known Issue popped up. HERE it is ... 12 April 2016.

Actually, it existed long before April 2016. I reported the problem sometime back in early 2015. The last time I recall seeing the Romulan Boff mission was sometime in last summer / early Fall of 2014. For around a period of 5 months since then I have been religiously going to a few Romulan sectors and New Romulus itself with my Romulan and Reman captains on a daily basis. I never seen the Boff mission during that span of about 5 months.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Does to not seem obvious to all parties concerned that Romulan Bridge Officers and their Superior Romulan Operative trait were deemed well above the curve when stacked 5 deep and the means of getting them suspended until that issue was resolved? And its going to stay suspended until they figure out how gimp the bonus or at least make it only-one-applies-per-ship without people who already have them losing their cotton-picking minds in frothing nerdrage.

They could turn them on again in 30 seconds. That was never in question. The question is how to make something out of them they'd be willing to re-introduce. And given the massive entitlement culture STO thrives on, they're in no hurry to deliver the severe nerf required to do so.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »

Actually, it existed long before April 2016. I reported the problem sometime back in early 2015. The last time I recall seeing the Romulan Boff mission was sometime in last summer / early Fall of 2014. For around a period of 5 months since then I have been religiously going to a few Romulan sectors and New Romulus itself with my Romulan and Reman captains on a daily basis. I never seen the Boff mission during that span of about 5 months.

Exactly, this issue has been broken well over a year.

It's time to move this toward the front of the que, a year plus is ridiculous. This needs to be fixed.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    shivarussell#2096 shivarussell Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Just have to wait and see what they say next week...... I bet it's something like this...

"Known Issues:

The Assignments to recruit Romulan Bridge officers do not appear".
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    A couple of y'all need some tinfoil hats and a brief overview of Occam's Razor.

In any event, most likely explanation is that DOff missions are a low priority, doubly so when it's DOff missions for a faction that accounts for (at last count, to my knowledge) around 11% of the playerbase. With the AoY clusterfrak likely long underway, an event needing updates every six months, and all those seasons and half-seasons in between, it's not unthinkable (if unprofessional and exceedingly annoying) to think they just keep getting shuffled down the list in favor of more pressing fixes.

That is absolutely not to excuse them for leaving it broken for so long. It's ridiculous. I'm just saying maybe spewing cockamamie conspiracy theories isn't necessarily the sanest avenue of thought.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »

That is absolutely not to excuse them for leaving it broken for so long. It's ridiculous. I'm just saying maybe spewing cockamamie conspiracy theories isn't necessarily the sanest avenue of thought.

You're absolutely right. It's amazing how many people here go right to conspiracy theory as a first option. Some of the 'theories' in this thread are frankly.. ridiculous. More then likely, it's exactly what you said, it's a low priority issue for them.

At least we know they're working on it, I guess for now that's going to have to do.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    Are they working on it though? According to 'jaguarskx' he said

"Actually, it existed long before April 2016. I reported the problem sometime back in early 2015."

Now i get that its low priority but come on, over a year!! Pleeease!!

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Just because it hasn't been fixed in the time we all want it to be fixed in does not mean they are not working on it. I'm a person who prefers to wait and see what's happening. As long as it's on the list of known issues, it is being worked on. Whining and complaining and theorizing does no good. Especially the idiot theories I've seen put forth.

I mean, if this wasn't being whined about, you people would be whining about some other thing. I've seen it too many times on here. The devs can't please everyone, all the time.

I believe it's also a low priority for them, as well. They're trying to get the new content out and make sure it's playable on Holodeck. I mean, how many times has content been playable on Tribble, but then bugs show up on Holodeck?

Likely, once the hoopla over the new content settles down, then they'll fix some other stuff. I'm patient enough to wait for it. Most others don't seem to be.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They have been fixing quite a bit of old content and issues of late.

I have three Romulan Faction (Federation aligned) Captains, one of each Career, and all are running with full SRO Bridge crews. Don't recall any problem getting them through levelling and such. Don't really remember many from those Recruitment Missions.

Those Missions have been sparse for quite a long time, so I gave up hanging around New Romulus with my Romulans for the most part. Just couldn't bare to see all those lazy, shiftless Romulans yawning their day away in the Staging Area. :)

While this is a problem, I bet most of this has to do with the Exchange Slave Trade and people wanting to cash in there on excess SRO Boffs.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    ltminns wrote: »
    They have been fixing quite a bit of old content and issues of late.

Just couldn't bare to see all those lazy, shiftless Romulans yawning their day away in the Staging Area. :)
    Yeah, they have been fixing a good bit of old content, which is welcome.

LOL, Even after two cups of coffee, I almost read that last part as something else (to be specific, I misread shiftless). But yeah, those lazy, yawning Romulans in the staging area really annoy me too.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    No wonder New Romulus is always under construction. Just can't find good workers. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »
    I'm patient enough to wait for it. Most others don't seem to be.

And after over 1 year when does your patience run out??

• Options

It hasn't yet. Impatience won't speed things up. I'd rather play the game and have fun than worry about a broken DOFF mission.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User

It hasn't yet. Impatience won't speed things up. I'd rather play the game and have fun than worry about a broken DOFF mission.

this is my stance as well patience is a good virtue to have
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    there not missing there hiding from you.
    https://youtu.be/iIBzXrKBVhk
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    Id say its pretty simple, SRO and superior soldier rommy boffs are a embassy fleet currency sink, why let people go back to getting SRO and SS by doffs when you can keep them playing even longer.

Standard Cryptic mentality, i haven't seen a Rommy boff mission in oh maybe 17 months now.?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Just because it hasn't been fixed in the time we all want it to be fixed in does not mean they are not working on it. I'm a person who prefers to wait and see what's happening. As long as it's on the list of known issues, it is being worked on. Whining and complaining and theorizing does no good. Especially the idiot theories I've seen put forth.

I mean, if this wasn't being whined about, you people would be whining about some other thing. I've seen it too many times on here. The devs can't please everyone, all the time.

I believe it's also a low priority for them, as well. They're trying to get the new content out and make sure it's playable on Holodeck. I mean, how many times has content been playable on Tribble, but then bugs show up on Holodeck?

Likely, once the hoopla over the new content settles down, then they'll fix some other stuff. I'm patient enough to wait for it. Most others don't seem to be.

Any bug in this game, and/or broken content that slows down gameplay unintentionaly is both noticed and the "last" thing/things "ever" addressed.

Especially if it may encourage people losing patience and eventually bypassing the wait by going to the z-store.

After 6 yrs this is fact, trust me, they notice.

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    That's excellent. Public Service Announcement to everything else: Levelling Romulans brings $$$. :)

Actually, people figured this out a long while ago....and have doing this since, well, practically the inception of Romulans in the game. Cryptic hasn't stopped the practice...so, I don't see why people shouldn't know about it and use it for themselves.

ON the other hand, Cryptic has broken one of the few ways of gaining Rom/Rem BOFFs: via DOFF assignments with the sector space merge. So, what other recourse do Romulans have if they want Faction BOFFs? Buy them from the Exchange?? From someone else that did it....for profit?

Note: They have made it a bit more difficult to mail BOFFs around. Remember to keep them packed in the boxes or they are not going anywhere. Good luck with that, it is not an easy route, as you think it will be.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options

Any bug in this game, and/or broken content that slows down gameplay unintentionaly is both noticed and the "last" thing/things "ever" addressed.

Especially if it may encourage people losing patience and eventually bypassing the wait by going to the z-store.

Where in my post do I say people don't notice bugs?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Where in my post do I say people don't notice bugs?

I dont know, where?, i never said you didn't notice bugs, your question makes 0 sense whatsoever.

I said Cryptic notices, not people, or you.

You seem to champion Cryptic at every turn, or at least defend them, while ignoring obvious facts.

I dont.

When is it, or isn't it appropriate to mention issues with the game, when is it, or isn't it "whining", how about posting a guide or a link to one for referance.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    I have no interest in writing out any guides.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    Well, since this problem has dropped from the 'Known Issues' with the release of the AoY Patch Notes, we can only assume that::

A. It has been Fixed. Anyone confirm this?
    B. It has become an unknown issue
    C. They are now focused on AoY issues
    D. They don't care anymore
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    yep, but hey..... lets be patient eh!!

pfft
  • Options
    artemida82artemida82 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    General problem with Romulans BOFFs is, that you can´t buy them. Of cource, on Romulus is possible buy Rom BOFF, but only like a normal. Not like Green, Blue or Purple. Only just like a common. There is no way, how buy Boff, how I want. And this problem is ignored many years. :s
    tumblr_inline_oomvjpBt8H1qjixz5_500.gif

Writer and Author: victoriakanakaredes.webnode.cz

"On the world is only one good, and it's knowledge. And is only one evil, and that is ignorance."
    (Socrates)