test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Bridge officer Assignment STILL missing!!

Every week for MONTHS now i see this on the patch notes....

"Known Issues:

The Assignments to recruit Romulan Bridge officers do not appear".

Here's a thought why dont you actually fix it!!!

Comments

• Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    Here's a thought, maybe its not that easy to fix like that event ship claim bug that plagues some players for ages and will be fixed now after this patch (hopefully for them). Here have a cookie and chill.
  • Options
    shivarussell#2096 shivarussell Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Only if its 'choc chip', and its all well and good saying 'chill' but seeing the same issue posted month after month without any feedback or even a 'we're looking into it' isnt good!!
  • Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    Only if its 'choc chip', and its all well and good saying 'chill' but seeing the same issue posted month after month without any feedback or even a 'we're looking into it' isnt good!!

The mere fact that its included on the patch notes should be clue enough for you that not only is it acknowledged but its being worked on. Many other issues went through that route and many other people did the same thing as you and wasted their time making pointless threads.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    ranting OP notwithstanding, this IS getting a little silly...like, what the hell did they do to the assignment THIS time that it's taking months to fix?

(granted, they're probably also been working on AoY for all those months, but still)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I agree. Chill. That it's in the known issues list, as was stated, means it's being worked on.

Coming in here to complain about it isn't going to get it fixed any faster. There's no telling what broke and what they need to do to fix it.

I'm not a IT tech, so I can't even begin to guess.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    TBH, that it's too difficult to fix is rather not very credible. It is probably a concious decision.

That's just a matter of speculation on your part. I think it's very credible.

Are you an IT tech, perhaps?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Level more Romulans. You get several transferable boff candidates from that. Per toon.

You seem to have a lot of time on your hands. Can you level up some RR captains and give every player who currently has a RR captain one of your Romulan Bridge that you receive as you level up?

I assume many of those players are rather picky about the class and quality of the Romulan Boff on top of the specific abilities and sex of the potential Romulan Boff that they would like to their Boff roster.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I'd like to see Reman boff assignments. Why isnt this considered a problem too. I havent seen one in like years.

At least they finally realize those missing assignments are an issue, before they couldn't care less. Before the walls fell it was rare, after it disappeared completely.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    They should fix this by making it so Roms/Rems can only get assignments for Roms/Rems and not for their faction choice... also remove the location restriction. The fact that you can only recruit from 2 locations in game is beyond stupid.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    TBH, that it's too difficult to fix is rather not very credible. It is probably a concious decision.

So that's why they point it out every time - from the many bugs we have in this game, this one is known and we want to put your nose on it that it's still there and we're not going to fix it?

A constant acknowledgement like this is pretty much sign some work on it is being done - but it might be constantly interrupted by other tasks, or other tasks they also have take longer than they expected - so it is pushed back.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    shivarussell#2096 shivarussell Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Fine its a known issue, rubbing our faces in it every single week and saying "yep bugs still here" isnt acceptable.

This is me chilled, you should see me when i've really got a pis@%y on!!

lol
  • Options
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    [ Can you level up some RR captains and give every player who currently has a RR captain one of your Romulan Bridge that you receive as you level up?

I assume many of those players are rather picky about the class and quality of the Romulan Boff on top of the specific abilities and sex of the potential Romulan Boff that they would like to their Boff roster.

Maybe they should just do it themselves? ;)

Or Cryptic can fix the issue with the Romulan Boff recruiting mission so that that players do not have to repeatedly level up a RR captain to level 50 until the desired RR Boff(s) is / are obtained. Doing the Romulan Boff recruiting mission (assuming it is available) 25 times - 50 times to get the desired Romulan Boffs is likely to be easier and less time consuming than trying to level up 25 Romulan captains to level 50.
  • Options
    Honestly, whatever the reason for that is: Levelling three new Romulan toons can be done before the next patch. That should give you enough for an all-Superior Operative bridge crew.

Nah, not for me.

I got 9 captains that I am working simultaneously. I do not need to be bothered with purchasing more captain slot to create Romulan captains just for the purpose of trying obtaining Romulan Boffs for my two Romulan captains. Actually, one is Romulan and the other is Reman so I would like a full Romulan Boff crew and full Reman Boff crew.

Plus, while I do not like to skip main story missions, I also have a very difficult time completing the Cardassian Struggle story arc 'cuz Of Bajor, Operation Gamma and Boldly They Rode feel like gigantic chores to me. I'd rather do patrol missions in Delta Rising.
  • Options
    Nah, I can only devote so much time to STO. I will wait for Cryptic to fix the Doff mission.

Plus, there is the Exchange where every once in a while there are bargains to be had. I purchased a very rare tactical Boff with SRO for around 11m EC. On top of that it was a female so it was a bargain compared to all the other Boffs with SRO.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    echatty wrote: »

That's just a matter of speculation on your part. I think it's very credible.

There is little to no scenario where they couldn't simply make a new assignment that grants Romulan Boffs. Even if the assignment was really broken.

It is completely correct, by the way, to shut that doff assignment off. After all, it is giving millions of EC as a rewards, as opposed to every single other assignment there is.
    Are you an IT tech, perhaps?

Sort of. I do IT networking consulting stuff. Earlier in my career, I used to code, but that is comparatively boring. But why is my business your business? ;)

Why would they worry about the amount of ec being exchanged for the BOFFs? EC is ingame currency used for the purpose if trading on the exchange, among other things.

So, you're not exactly a programmer, you just did *some* coding. I was merely curious, that's all. Nothing sinister ;)

However, usually the "Known Issues" list contains things they are working on. There have been other things on it in the past which were eventually fixed. So if this issue is on the list, chances are they really are working on it. Maybe not as quickly as many of us would like it to be, but they are working on it.

Yes, I do have a Romulan captain. So this does affect me, since I definitely don't have the millions of EC it would take to buy one off the exchange.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Get a vulcan BOFF
    Rename them Angry
    I cannot believe it is not a Romulan.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    One of my Fed Science Captains (Liberated Borg Human) has a VR Romulan SRO Tactical Boff. Have no idea how I acquired him.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »
    [...]
    Why would they worry about the amount of ec being exchanged for the BOFFs? EC is ingame currency used for the purpose if trading on the exchange, among other things.

The problem could be, in their eyes, that this particular boff assignment might be a bit too rewarding compared to all the others.
    [...]
    However, usually the "Known Issues" list contains things they are working on.

Is there any way you can even think of that makes the solution of simply creating a new doff assignment for that purpose somehow hard?
    [...]
    Yes, I do have a Romulan captain. So this does affect me, since I definitely don't have the millions of EC it would take to buy one off the exchange.

As I said: Level a few more Romulans and have them donate their better boffs to your main Romulan. It works, and can be done before the next patch. Which a patch obviously cannot. ;)
    Why would they be concerned about how rewarding those particular BOFFs can be when there are ships on the exchange right now going for hundreds of millions of ec? Sounds a bit ridiculous to me.

I don't know how they're going to fix it and speculating on it gets people nowhere.

I don't have that many captain slots as I'm a FTPer who can't afford the LTS just yet, nor any more extra captain slots and I can't be bothered to create more Romulans I probably won't play very much. I'm not that concerned about when it's going to be fixed, I was just saying they will fix it since it's in the known issues list. How they do it isn't a concern of mine. And with that, I bid you good day.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    arthas242arthas242 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    By no means am I a expert programmer. as i have only done Visual basic and very very little of C++ in school

but if i had to guess, it's one line of code that is wrong or a extra character somewhere it should not be and that it could be fixed in a few seconds IF THEY CAN FIND IT.

as i know stories of people spending a whole week to find a semicolon to fix a entire program.

could also be certain values are not directed to the right target.

but like i said i am not a programmer, i just have dabbled in it a little to know concepts.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    While I don't necessarily agree with the way the OP presented the discussion, I do have to say I agree with him.

The length of time that this has been broken is really quite silly, lets not forget that the Duty Officer assignments were missing for months before it even made it into the 'known issues' section of the patch notes. Now, as frustrating as it is, every week the release notes come out and every week, this issue is still down at the bottom of the notes, still unresolved.

Yes, we know that there are other ways of getting SRO Boffs, mainly leveling alts or buying from the exchange, none of that is the point. The issue is that these assignments are supposed to be there for Romulan Captains, and they don't currently work. It's a game feature that's broken and in need of repair.. period.

I'm not going to post an angry rant about it, while I find it annoying, I understand that things sometimes take time, and I honestly appreciate the fact that they're working on it. I would however, love to hear anything from the Dev team on what is going on with this issue. Is it just a very difficult issue to fix? has other more important needs forced it to the back burner? any information would be appreciated.

I don't expect I'll get my wish, but that's why it's called a 'wish' right? :)

Either way, I really hope this is fixed soon, I have all the BoFFs I need, but it's still a feature I would like to see restored.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    The fun thing is, most issues that appeared in the patch notes never appeared on this "Known Issues" list in the weeks before. What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!