test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• Options
    banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    These are all REALLY nice first peaks...

However, it does reinforce my fear that the Romulan Carrier just looks... Unfinished. Like, there is REALLY supposed to be something pointing out of the front of that hull...

I get that it's kinda looks like a T'liss from above, but... it just doesnt fit the romulan aesthetic then it comes to their BIGGER ships.

I just can;t understand why all the others ships are so perfect, and yet for the roms, instead of the Narada, we got... this. :/
    Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    Rare swing and miss for a Romulan ship. Looks like they forgot to add half of it.
  • Options
    devilzaphandevilzaphan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Whoever designed the Romulan ship needs a slap to the back of their head, what were they thinking...reallly!
    Romulan sexy time
    romulancommander1.jpg

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I'll echo the previous thoughts, that Romulan ship is.. well.. awful.

It really looks like they put a lot more time into the bridges this time around, the Bridge for the 2 Fed ships and for that KDF ship look really nice. They obviously put in the time to make these ships look as good as possible.

I'm not sure on the AR Connie, I know the Nacelles are ridiculously big in the movies, but are they THAT big? In this version the Nacelles are actually bigger then the hull of the ship, just just looks strange.

Vengeance looks pretty good, the aft view makes the hull material look a bit odd, I'll have to see more angles of it.

As always, great video and thank you for sharing this. If you feel so inclined, I wouldn't mind seeing more angles on the Vengeance. :)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    I appreciate the videos, but as I said in another thread, I feel like the Romulan ship will give me an TRIBBLE if I play with it.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    It's like if you took that scene from Lord of War with the girls that had aids and combined that with the mighty Sarlacc, you'd have the new Romulan Warbird.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    devil, just call NCIS for Leroy Gibbs to get those back of head slaps, just simple :)
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    XJyemeI.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    The Romulan ship actually reminds me of a sort of spacegoing version of a modern aircraft carrier. Instead of a floating airstrip, you have a flying starbase. I assume the smaller craft launch from inside the large open space...​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The Romulan ship doesn't fit the others since it is a Cryptic design. The only Romulan ship in the new Star Trek movies is the Narada and that will hopefully be a C-Store ship due to the lack of a Romulan Carrier or more likely as the Tier 6 version of the Tal Shiar Adapted ships in a future lockbox just like how they created the Tarantula and Paradox as the Tier 6 version of the Tholian and Temporal Lockbox ships.
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Whoever designed the Romulan ship needs a slap to the back of their head, what were they thinking...reallly!

Yeah, I agree... Looks like the bridge section got blown off and sucked into a black hole along with Captain Nero.. lol.
    tumblr_lopvdqzV4n1qlctfho1_500.gif
    My Romulans aren't going to be happy.

tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The bridges look amazing though. Almost wish they were in the Z-Store. Klingon and Feds look superb. Romulan one needs to be left in the dry dock and reconstructed.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    The Romulan ship, to me, looks more at home in the prime 25th Century than in the AR 23rd. The nacelles look like they came off a Mogai to me.
    While the Romulans have been in desperate need of a full carrier, I think making an attempt at an AR 23rd Century BoP would have been a better course.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    holyknight22holyknight22 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    The bridge of the D4 looks gorgeous. The Romulan looks like they took stole the design from Independence Day/SG1.
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The Romulan ship, to me, looks more at home in the prime 25th Century than in the AR 23rd. The nacelles look like they came off a Mogai to me.
    While the Romulans have been in desperate need of a full carrier, I think making an attempt at an AR 23rd Century BoP would have been a better course.

I imagine that is because the T'Laru is actually supposed to be from the Prime timeline.
    I mean, think about it. We have the KT Connie, and the KT Bird of Prey, and the KT Vengeance. The only ship missing would be the Narada.
    But the Narada was a unique ship, a Romulan mining vessel modified heavily with Borg technology. Which is, y'know, illegal; the only reason us players can get a hold of the Adapted Warbirds is because they're rationalized in-game as acquisitions from Hakeev's Tal Shiar fleet.
    But the Narada was Nero's, and utterly unique.
    I imagine that the T'Laru is probably yet another modified Romulan mining vessel. Probably after Hobus, either by the Imperial Navy or the RRW, to help bolster the number of combat ships. It still even has the mining laser as a holdover from when it was a civilian ship, still somehow useful as a weapon. It even specifically mentions in the Lockbox blog that the mining laser is a leftover from the time the T'Laru was a civilian craft.

Really, that'd probably make the most sense. The T'Laru doesn't look too much like more combat-developed warbirds, so it's more than likely a refitted civilian ship.
    And it does share vestigial design elements with the Narada. Both of them have open forward-facing spaces, though it seems the adaptions the Narada got kinda scrunched it up, making it sleeker, so its forward space is kinda obscured underneath all the prongs.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    alpharaider47#7707 alpharaider47 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    I like all of them except for the Romulan ship, I think it could use a little work- but I'm sure some will love it. I think my only real gripe with anything is that the Connie's nacelle fans seemed to be rotating in the same direction, as opposed to inboard. But it's such a small gripe, and I'm going to spend most of my time looking at the ship from behind that it doesn't matter. Very excited for the bridges and uniforms!
    sFfAcbR.jpg
    STO Beta Test and Launch Veteran
  • Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    My head says, "I'm done with lock box ships."

My heart says, "Romulan ships are beautiful, without exception. This big, beautiful monster looks like a whale shark. In space. I love it. I want to marry it. I want Federation players who hated having to steer around my Scimitar to fondly remember how good they used to have it."
  • Options
    dauntlessf05dauntlessf05 Member Posts: 268 Media Corps
    Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to say thank you for the kind words and feed back on these videos. It's been a crazy couple of weeks to say the least.

Cheers!
    Check out my STO Cinematic Videos: ZEFilms Youtube Channel
    Follow me on Twitter: @ZEFilms_STO
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    starkaos wrote: »
    The Romulan ship doesn't fit the others since it is a Cryptic design. The only Romulan ship in the new Star Trek movies is the Narada and that will hopefully be a C-Store ship due to the lack of a Romulan Carrier or more likely as the Tier 6 version of the Tal Shiar Adapted ships in a future lockbox just like how they created the Tarantula and Paradox as the Tier 6 version of the Tholian and Temporal Lockbox ships.

I'm... trying to figure the Romulan ship out. I'm also trying to damp down my impulse to scream profanities at it and it's twice cursed creator because I know more than anything else I'm just irritated it's not the Narada-lookalike the Mining Laser Console PLAINLY SAYS IT WAS MEANT TO BE.

&!$%(*^!!

Ok, that said, it --may-- grow on me in time, but I still want to know where the hell it came from? I'm trying to remember if there was something like it in the Countdown comics? Because otherwise I'm just not seeing how this thing earned a slot in the Kelvin box when there's another Romulan ship SO OBVIOUSLY MISSING...
  • Options
    Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to say thank you for the kind words and feed back on these videos. It's been a crazy couple of weeks to say the least.

Cheers!

Great work as always :). Glad Cryptic has seen the wisdom in working with you on these previews.

Out of curiosity did you have a chance to see the Intel Dreadnought either at max impulse or in sector space? In theory the forward nacelle-covers should split and slide back when it goes to warp...

((yes,I've spent way too much time studying this ship :)))

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    starkaos wrote: »

I'm... trying to figure the Romulan ship out. I'm also trying to damp down my impulse to scream profanities at it and it's twice cursed creator because I know more than anything else I'm just irritated it's not the Narada-lookalike the Mining Laser Console PLAINLY SAYS IT WAS MEANT TO BE.

&!$%(*^!!

Ok, that said, it --may-- grow on me in time, but I still want to know where the hell it came from? I'm trying to remember if there was something like it in the Countdown comics? Because otherwise I'm just not seeing how this thing earned a slot in the Kelvin box when there's another Romulan ship SO OBVIOUSLY MISSING...

Cryptic had to create something for the Romulans since the only Romulan ship from the new Star Trek movies is not from the Kelvin Universe and this is the compromise that we get. We obviously can't have something from the STO Universe as part of the Kelvin Lockbox.

I don't mind that Cryptic created a Romulan ship for the Kelvin Lockbox. What I have a problem is putting a mining laser on a military ship. This ship doesn't come from the Romulan Republic where they need to create a fleet with whatever is lying around. This ship comes from the Romulan Star Empire or whatever it is called in the Kelvin Universe with a fully functioning military-industrial complex. There is absolutely no reason why they would put a Mining Laser on a military ship. They would create some extremely powerful weapon that puts fear into the hearts of their enemies.
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    So is the T'laru just a made up ship by cryptic?
  • Options
    I have the weirdest feeling I've seen it before, maybe in the Countdown comic. But I'm not near my boxes to dig it out and check.
  • Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    I'm not sure what the ship artist/designer was smoking when he made that romulan carrier but at least its confirmed it has 2 hangar bays and not one like the blog says so I'll get it... eventually *sigh*. Wonder if they'll make some frigates for the roms like callistos for feds.
  • Options
    bengahlbengahl Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    i think my rom will be sticking with the warbird dreads, me thinks.
  • Options
    dauntlessf05dauntlessf05 Member Posts: 268 Media Corps
    nikeix wrote: »
    Hey Everyone!

Cheers!

Great work as always :). Glad Cryptic has seen the wisdom in working with you on these previews.

Out of curiosity did you have a chance to see the Intel Dreadnought either at max impulse or in sector space? In theory the forward nacelle-covers should split and slide back when it goes to warp...

((yes,I've spent way too much time studying this ship :)))

I took a look, I didn't see anything, but nothing on Tribble is final.
    Check out my STO Cinematic Videos: ZEFilms Youtube Channel
    Follow me on Twitter: @ZEFilms_STO
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    sinn74 wrote: »
    Rare swing and miss for a Romulan ship. Looks like they forgot to add half of it.

Or is should be flying backwards.