test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New & old bugs after the 6/21 patch

reverandclintreverandclint Member Posts: 93 Arc User
Firstly, the new 'Terminal Expanse' mission was great ... on my non-AoY characters. My AoY characters don't have any of the new Temporal Front missions (apart from the 6 AoY starter missions) available/visable in the Episode list ... I was able to contact Daniels under 'Available' & pick it up under that way tho. o.O

Second, 'In The Shadow of Cestus' - the Romulans are still in modern T'varo & Mogai in the cut scene. The Gorns in the ground portion have 'odd' death animations ... they are freezing posed in their final action before death until the corpse time-out, ie crouching to pick up a boulder or throwing a boulder.

Thirdly, all the face animations are nightmare fuel when they speak ... weird triangular mouths with the upper & lower teeth connected as one creepy set of needle fangs. :#

I'll update anything else I notice as I redo the AoY missions tonight.

Comments

• reverandclintreverandclint Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    'Painful Omens' - Defeating the base commander doesn't count toward the misison objective of 'Defeat the Base Commander' and the mission locks up. :/

Also, all defeated Federation stay standing in agressor poses - rather than falling to the ground as they did previously.
    'Return to Babel' - The "Speak With Daniels" objective at the begining of the mission fails ... you get a 'Daniels' interact button in sector space on the way to Babel, click it and a dialog with Daniels starts but clicking 'Very well. I'll be there shortly.' just returns you to the initial 'Daniels' interact button & the mission is locked. :(
    'Tangled Webs' - Everything worked ... but ... I don't recall modern-era Mirror Universe cruisers being present before in the initial space combat. o.O

The retro Small Hypos were a neat suprise as ground drops ... and there any other retro comsumables floating around?
    'The Battle of Caleb IV' - Everything worked fine, apart from the cut-scene at the end of the fight on the Klingon ship still throwing you to behind the wall and blocking the gloating ... I did appreciate the new 'end of mission' rewards as well :)
    edited June 2016
    Hmmm ... Just noticed that my skills were flagged as invalid. I did the free respec and noticed as I was having to reset my traits (which were wiped as well) that my career specific ground and space traits are missing from the available list (Conservation of Energy, Photonic Capacitor, Field Rresearcher & Medical Vanguard)

Update: It's a bigger bug ... each time I level my AoY character my skills are getting flagged as invalid and when I went from level 54 to what should have been 55 ... I became level 52 ... that's not good at all. O.O

More: Using the testing console to re-level myself to 55 my skills were invalid again at 53 & at 54 and I did not get spec points at either level-up (but I did still have my 4 spec points from before I was regressed to 52 ... so that sort of makes sense - apart from the level regression in the first place.) Going to level 55 I had no further 'invalid skills' and got my spec point. o.O
    Post edited by reverandclint on
  • cassandratruthcassandratruth Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    "Return to Babel": I can't finish the mission. After blowing up the Orion ship and beaming out, the cutscene from the beginning of the mission plays again, and when I get back to sector space the same "Go to Babel system" objective is still in my mission tracker as if I hadn't played it at all.
    EVE Online is a Ferengi parody of the Federation.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited June 2016
    "Painful Omens" > "Lightbringer" - Capture Commandcenter > Defeat base commander. Defeated, but nothing happens
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    Hmmm ... Just noticed that my skills were flagged as invalid. I did the free respec and noticed as I was having to reset my traits (which were wiped as well) that my career specific ground and space traits are missing from the available list (Conservation of Energy, Photonic Capacitor, Field Rresearcher & Medical Vanguard)

Update: It's a bigger bug ... each time I level my AoY character my skills are getting flagged as invalid and when I went from level 54 to what should have been 55 ... I became level 52 ... that's not good at all. O.O

More: Using the testing console to re-level myself to 55 my skills were invalid again at 53 & at 54 and I did not get spec points at either level-up (but I did still have my 4 spec points from before I was regressed to 52 ... so that sort of makes sense - apart from the level regression in the first place.) Going to level 55 I had no further 'invalid skills' and got my spec point. o.O

How were you leveling up? It's entirely possible that the Tribble level granter may have been messing up your leveling process, which could have caused the skills invalid issue.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    "Vorgon Conclusions" - The name and registry is wrong for the NX-01 - its now the NX-03, with a new name Challenger
    How were you leveling up? It's entirely possible that the Tribble level granter may have been messing up your leveling process, which could have caused the skills invalid issue.

I was in Delta Command and was almost to 55 (2 pips away) and used the level grant Devidian to kick me to 55 - that's when I noticed I was at the start of 52 instead ... but my skills were flagged invalid when I went from 53 to 54 earlier and that was just through mission leveling.

Tho ... they may have been flagged invalid earlier and I didn't notice until i went to spend the spec point I got going from 53 to 54.
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    The anomaly scanner no longer works in space for TOS characters. I get a little scan effect around the ship, but nothing that actually points me towards the anomaly.

ETA: Same thing on ground: it plays an animation, but there's no ray or whatever to point me to the anomaly.

ETA2: And the Class F shuttle still doesn't have a proper TOS material available.

ETA3: And I can't edit my department heads as a TOS character, either (the drop-downs are all greyed out).
    Post edited by kirimuffin on
    Made a new AoY Vulcan Engineer to run the tutorial again.
    - The npc feds are still visually equiping modern phaser rifles ... but ... they are equiped with proper retro phaser weapons after the cut scenes.
    - The new ' Electrify the Hull' visual effect is just showing up as a yellow dome & is floating up and to the right by about 15ft in relation to the crashed ship.
    - There was a second Enterprise at the warp out cut scene & its nacelles folded (Voyager style) upon warp out.
    - Spocks voice-over overlaps himself near the end and he winds up speaking over himself.
  • collin3366collin3366 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    "Return to Babel": I can't finish the mission. After blowing up the Orion ship and beaming out, the cutscene from the beginning of the mission plays again, and when I get back to sector space the same "Go to Babel system" objective is still in my mission tracker as if I hadn't played it at all.

Same here...
    Vice Admiral Collin Michael McNeil
    U.S.S. Alliance
    NCC-93405-C
    Odyssey Class
    No Horizons To Distant
  • rejaqrejaq Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Hmm got the Invalid skills issue, despite clawing through the slow way to 50, where they were were valid. Going to see if levelling fixes it. My non TOS characters have no problems.

Also after running through the Tutorial again Mears also has a modern rifle, not the Type3.
    Post edited by rejaq on
    quote-you-might-as-well-aim-high-why-shoot-yourself-in-the-foot-when-you-can-shoot-yourself-william-shatner-133-45-82.jpg
  • navyvetcponavyvetcpo Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    With a new character on the way to Cestus, the Sector Map is incomplete, losing detail.
    On with the new character I went to missoin K-13, the Hail / mission button is shaded out and not available 6/25/2016
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    I'm also suffering issues with the K-13 Base Commander not triggering the next phase of the mission. I recently restarted my AoY character as well, so that *might* have something to do with it.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
    In the lounge on K-13 one of the infected officers who remains standing is moving his lips to the words of T'met
    Shot officers remain standing on K-13
    Voice over on Scotty appoligises for a mistake saying I'm sorry and then reads his line correctly at K-13
    Lost Hunter he was on the same deck in Engineering and did not join up in the Jefferies tube.
    Reached Command Center again, CO is not beat activation of UV console no fight with the future aliens. No joy on this mission and no way to advance in the game. You really need to fix this since it is only the second mission. My suggestion would be to drop the voice overs from the last patch it seems to have centered on the voice add on's otherwise the mission worked in the earliest form.
    This is buggy. The mission button is still shaded out started at the star of K-13. I can not see a list of missions nor can I drop K-13. I even went back to SOL to see if that had any effect. I can not advance any father with this new character than to the K-13 mission where is stops. Good luck in fixing this.
  • rejaqrejaq Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    sharpie65 wrote: »
    I'm also suffering issues with the K-13 Base Commander not triggering the next phase of the mission. I recently restarted my AoY character as well, so that *might* have something to do with it.
    Same on a new character here, done it twice and still no joy. Like others defeated officers stand up as if ready to continue.

Just tried the mission on replay with my existing character and same result it's definitely Broken.

quote-you-might-as-well-aim-high-why-shoot-yourself-in-the-foot-when-you-can-shoot-yourself-william-shatner-133-45-82.jpg
  • spikegeordiespikegeordie Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I am also suffering from the broken sector map, the dots for the stars are there but the back ground comes and goes.

I also have a problem with the Hail Starfleet button, being able to select it comes and goes so I could not select the next mission and had no way of starting the next mission, but after logging on and off the button worked to select the mission and then went to being grayed out and unselectable.

Also there seems to be a little bit of a problem with death animations, they would die and then they would stand back up and start walking before fading out.

Same here with the base commander, she runs out of health but doesn't die, just stands there.
    Post edited by spikegeordie on
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    'Painful Omens' - Defeating the base commander doesn't count toward the misison objective of 'Defeat the Base Commander' and the mission locks up. :/

Also, all defeated Federation stay standing in agressor poses - rather than falling to the ground as they did previously.

Encountered this one today myself, tried a few times and can't progress past the Base Commander.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • anobroanobro Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    K13/Painfull Omens

No progress in Mission after defeating the Base Commander. Missions locks up.
  • alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Does anyone know if they even read these bug posts. Because I don't think I have seen anyone from Cryptic or PWI responce to these bug post. So Far.
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Does anyone know if they even read these bug posts. Because I don't think I have seen anyone from Cryptic or PWI responce to these bug post. So Far.

Try reading further up. You'll see a response from @crypticspartan#0627, who (in case you didn't know) is a Cryptic Developer. Just because you don't see a response it doesn't mean these posts aren't read.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    sharpie65 wrote: »

Try reading further up. You'll see a response from @crypticspartan#0627, who (in case you didn't know) is a Cryptic Developer. Just because you don't see a response it doesn't mean these posts aren't read.

In general I only comment if I need more information on an issue; or if it is a live high priority issue that we have already fixed, especially given the current time crunch. It takes significantly less time to read up on an issue and repro it or confirm that we are already tracking than it does to additionally take the time to communicate the status of an issue every time it comes up, especially as many of these issues have been communicated five or ten places in the various threads.