test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New addition to the AoY Pack

Comments

• Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    guess he is the efficient bridge officer for the expansion?
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Guessing he'll be a Sci/Temporal seat BOFF.

Probably.
    Let's hope he's got some useful traits at least because I don't think he's cutomizable thanks to having a unique uniform & stuff.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Guessing he'll be a Sci/Temporal seat BOFF.

Probably.
    Let's hope he's got some useful traits at least because I don't think he's cutomizable thanks to having a unique uniform & stuff.

Meh. At this point, my main has:

A Liberated Borg Engineer
    A Jem' Hadar Tactical
    A Voth Science
    A Kobali Engineering/Command Officer
    A Hierarchy Science/Intelligence Officer
    A Xindi-Reptilian Tactical/Pilot Officer
    A Holographic mirror universe Tactical/Intelligence Officer (Leeta)

So yeah, not one Starfleet uniformed officer (bar perhaps Leeta's mirror variant) amongst the lot!

The kobali can wear starfleet uniforms
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    johnnymo1 wrote: »
    He'll be the TOS Tovan Kev!

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Meh, still not enough content to justify buying any of the packs.

Maybe the starter pack, if I could have chosen which T6 ship was in it...

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    How did nobody notice the Temporal Cruiser? Far more interesting addition then the other knick knacks.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    samt1996 wrote: »
    How did nobody notice the Temporal Cruiser? Far more interesting addition then the other knick knacks.
    If you're talking about the Dreadnought Cruiser, it's because it was included a few weeks ago and it was noticed back then.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I remember the picture being leaked by Cryptic but that was all.
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    apulse wrote: »
    Looks like they added 0718 as a Bridge officer and some kind of space suit from... I dunno.

now i wont buy it for sure. to me having 0718 in it has tained the overall product as far as i am concerned. good to know anyway.

I... so completely don't understand this that my head is in the process of spinning a full 180 degrees, owl-like. You have me owl-baffled.

How does adding something extra to the pack that you can just leave in the C-Store or rip a power off of for your other BOffs make the pack worth less, even if you don't plan to use it?

I'm fairly unlikely to use this BOff myself, but his presence in the pack is welcome.
  • Options
    nadiezja wrote: »
    Looks like they added 0718 as a Bridge officer and some kind of space suit from... I dunno.

now i wont buy it for sure. to me having 0718 in it has tained the overall product as far as i am concerned. good to know anyway.

I... so completely don't understand this that my head is in the process of spinning a full 180 degrees, owl-like. You have me owl-baffled.

How does adding something extra to the pack that you can just leave in the C-Store or rip a power off of for your other BOffs make the pack worth less, even if you don't plan to use it?

I'm fairly unlikely to use this BOff myself, but his presence in the pack is welcome.

MC is one of those taking the stance that if it even smells like it has even the slightest hint of being influenced by the JJ-verse, he absolutely refuses to buy it out of protest. Therefore, the presence of a BOff from the JJ-verse means he won't buy it.

I personally think this type of stance is both silly and childish, for the reasons you stated, but there it is. It's also this same stance that has lead to many on this forum getting angry at Cryptic for ADDING more content (mission set in the JJ-verse), something I have never seen anyone complain about in any MMO I've ever played ... normally people complain that devs aren't adding ENOUGH new content ...
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    johnnymo1 wrote: »
    He'll be the TOS Tovan Kev!

Except we are not forced to use him.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I'm a very happy camper...

minion_camper_van_by_calamitysi-d6ksdcr.jpg

I LUV all the stuffs They've put in so far!
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    If you're talking about the Dreadnought Cruiser, it's because it was included a few weeks ago and it was noticed back then.

I think they meant the regular, 26th century Temporal Cruiser.
    I was actually taking note of the fact that it has Lt.Cdr Tac and Sci seats on it. For a cruiser, it's gonna have some nice options available to it across all three branches.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Question is can i customize the uniform on him so i can continue to shun JJtrek and pretend it doesnt exist?

Btw, he is such a minor ancillary charater in the 2nd movie, no sign of him in the 3rd movie trailors, not a obvious choice to make a boff from. Why? Odd choice.
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Question is can i customize the uniform on him so i can continue to shun JJtrek and pretend it doesnt exist?

Btw, he is such a minor ancillary charater in the 2nd movie, no sign of him in the 3rd movie trailors, not a obvious choice to make a boff from. Why? Odd choice.

to quote Borticus "His uniform can be customized, but not his head." he said this on reddit
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    neos472 wrote: »

to quote Borticus "His uniform can be customized, but not his head." he said this on reddit

Oh snap, that is actually perfect.
    I imagine 0718 will look super snazzy in Odyssey Science duds.
  • Options
    awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    Ummm... why would a STO ship be in a Neverwinter pack?

As such... I call foul.

Totally agree.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

MC is one of those taking the stance that if it even smells like it has even the slightest hint of being influenced by the JJ-verse, he absolutely refuses to buy it out of protest. Therefore, the presence of a BOff from the JJ-verse means he won't buy it.

I personally think this type of stance is both silly and childish, for the reasons you stated, but there it is. It's also this same stance that has lead to many on this forum getting angry at Cryptic for ADDING more content (mission set in the JJ-verse), something I have never seen anyone complain about in any MMO I've ever played ... normally people complain that devs aren't adding ENOUGH new content ...
    Agreed.... Fans who have decided they don't want a franchise to move forward are pretty much a cancer to the fanbase. :/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Cancer to the fanbase? Are you exaggerating or what? Why, because he disagrees or doesnt appreciate JJtrek?

Or because of withholding his business because of this ideal. And if enough people "vote with their wallet" it will negatively impact the game?

I dont think agree either way. If enough people feel the same way they can sway the product. If the metrics or sales numbers are lower than they project then they wont interject JJtrek products again, and their way of protesting will make an impact.

Granted nobody can turn back time from what they are doing now.
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User

Agreed.... Fans who have decided they don't want a franchise to move forward are pretty much a cancer to the fanbase. :/

^^^

This, a billion times this.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    Cancer to the fanbase? Are you exaggerating or what? Why, because he disagrees or doesnt appreciate JJtrek?

Or because of withholding his business because of this ideal. And if enough people "vote with their wallet" it will negatively impact the game?

I dont think agree either way. If enough people feel the same way they can sway the product. If the metrics or sales numbers are lower than they project then they wont interject JJtrek products again, and their way of protesting will make an impact.

Granted nobody can turn back time from what they are doing now.

The point is, you are in no way negatively impacted by these additions. Like the pack but don't want the boff? Don't commission him. Don't want to play the one, single JJ-verse mission? Click skip and pretend it doesn't exist.

eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Not embracing JJtrek or whatever you want to call it isnt "not moving forward".

Unless im not understanding the point.
  • Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    do you know if one per toon or one per account?
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    Per toon most likely, like any other cstore boff.
  • Options

My point was that you don't have to embrace it, you can simply ignore it and play on as you always did, without any negative effects.

If you like most of the ships in the pack you can save yourself some money and buy it, and just not commission the boff. If you don't want a JJ-verse mission you can just click skip. No one is forcing you to experience JJ-verse content.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    hugin1205 wrote: »
    do you know if one per toon or one per account?

I believe he is an account wide unlock, like the ships and outfits.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Now I wanna figure out how to do an all JJtrek away team, and beam onto MC's ship forcibly and pop off some Lens Flare Generator variant of the party ball.
  • Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Per toon most likely, like any other cstore boff.

thx - certainly hope so (like the Delta BOffs)

18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

My point was that the "it's new therefore it sucks" crowd is a part of the fanbase that content creators(game or TV) will actively ignore, because paying them any attention is counterproductive. It is pretty much impossible to please them without a ridiculous amount of effort, and that effort would be utterly wasted.

In this specific case, he was saying he was boycotting anything that uses KT.... Sure it's his choice how he wants to spend his money, but ranting about how he hates the new movies? not going to accomplish anything productive.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,821 Arc User
    OMG...seriously...what were they thinking?

box-in-face.jpg
    DUwNP.gif