test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anton Yelchin (JJ-verse Chekov) died in car crash

2»

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    This is such a tragic way to die. Could we please leave the snark out of it? It's not appropriate.

RIP Anton.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    That sucks. :(

Condolences to his friends and family.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    What has Anton's death got to do with STO directly? it should be in ten forward.

as for Anton i will post that in a thread on ten forward.

many forum users only ever view general discussion like myself, also there have been many other obits posted here so why should this one be any different.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    RIP.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Anyone familiar with Odd Thomas? Does this sound like the work of Bodachs? Do you think they finally noticed him noticing them?
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    thorodal wrote: »

I use a Pedelec to get around... carry 2 spare powerpacks in my backpack... getting around... fast enough.. with a small co2 footprint.... and the thing could not crush me if it tried...

Why does anyone in a city need a 2 ton jeep.

Why do people not use the handbrakes when they know their 2 ton monstrosity is on an incline....

This is a such a dumb way to die.... he had such a nice and varied career going...

Can we have some respect for the dead and for his family and not criticize the events that led to his death?

Lots of people choose not to use their emergency brake because they have trouble remembering to take it off when they go to leave. I personally think this is foolish, and always use it on my work vehicle, but my wife gets pissed if I use it on our personal vehicle so I usually don't use it on that. So while I agree everyone should always use it, I also understand why some choose not to. This is nothing more than a tragic accident.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    thorodal wrote: »

I use a Pedelec to get around... carry 2 spare powerpacks in my backpack... getting around... fast enough.. with a small co2 footprint.... and the thing could not crush me if it tried...

Why does anyone in a city need a 2 ton jeep.

Why do people not use the handbrakes when they know their 2 ton monstrosity is on an incline....

This is a such a dumb way to die.... he had such a nice and varied career going...

Can we have some respect for the dead and for his family and not criticize the events that led to his death?

Lots of people choose not to use their emergency brake because they have trouble remembering to take it off when they go to leave. I personally think this is foolish, and always use it on my work vehicle, but my wife gets pissed if I use it on our personal vehicle so I usually don't use it on that. So while I agree everyone should always use it, I also understand why some choose not to. This is nothing more than a tragic accident.

Not trying to be disrespectful to the dead and all, if this happened to Cho (Sulu), it would have been true irony, with the scene in the first reboot movie from Captain Pike asking if Sulu "left the parking brake on".
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    OH LOOK it was a defect in the vehicle... go fig... people takin shots at the man w/o any information now look like even bigger douche bags
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    [quote="kodachikuno;12968522"]OH LOOK it was a defect in the vehicle... go fig... people takin shots at the man w/o any information now look like even bigger douche bags[/quote]

^^^^^^this.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
    OH LOOK it was a defect in the vehicle... go fig... people takin shots at the man w/o any information now look like even bigger douche bags

Just read about that after seeing your post ... whoever designed a gear shift that returns to center no matter what gear you are in was just plain stup1d. They probably sold it as a "really cool innovation" in some design meeting, but how no one could see that as a huge potential problem is beyond me.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

Just read about that after seeing your post ... whoever designed a gear shift that returns to center no matter what gear you are in was just plain stup1d. They probably sold it as a "really cool innovation" in some design meeting, but how no one could see that as a huge potential problem is beyond me.

prolly cause the decision makers have drivers and haven't driven themselves anywhere since they were 20
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    Thoughtless design, currently under recall. Easy enough for bad things to happen involving cars without there being issues like this. People making snide remarks would do well to remember that. And also, it could just as easily been them or someone they care about since it was a fairly common make & model...even if they don't own one personally. How many do you see out there every day? Tragic.
  • rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    i made a memorial page for Anton if any of you want to see. http://officialstoi.weebly.com/anton-yelchin.html
    Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
    i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
    you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch
  • ripanton#1911 ripanton Member Posts: 10 New User
    > @rcassandrasaturn said:
    > i made a memorial page for Anton if any of you want to see.

Is that a joke? All you did was copy the info from his wikipedia page. If someone wants to read that they would actually read the wiki.
    > @rcassandrasaturn said:
    > i made a memorial page for Anton if any of you want to see.

Is that a joke? All you did was copy the info from his wikipedia page. If someone wants to read that they would actually read the wiki.

Really? Your going to be nasty about something someone did to honor someone who died?
    i made a memorial page for Anton if any of you want to see. http://officialstoi.weebly.com/anton-yelchin.html

Looks great, regardless of what others may say I personally think it's very thoughtful.
    eaY7Xxu.png