test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - JUNE 8, 2016

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to: ST.64.20160526a.5.

*Only Gold and Lifetime Account players can access Tribble to view the new Agents of Yesterday content*

New Features:

New Episode: Vorgon Conclusions
  • In the future, the scientist Kal Dano will build a quantum phase inhibitor known as the Tox Uthat
  • Find out where this story began and how it ends as you chase the Vorgons who want the Tox Uthat for their own.
  • The episode can be found in the Yesterday’s War journal tab.
  • This episode is for level 30 Captains who have also completed “The Core of the Matter”.
  • This episode can be played by all players on each faction.
  • At this time, this episode can only be played once.
    • In the near future, this will be replay-able like other episodes.
  • For more details, visit the Vorgon Conclusions blog at: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10005923-star-trek-online:-vorgon-conclusions

General:
  • Cutscenes, audio, text, animation, environment and character art have all had a number of additions and improvements over all new content.
  • General functional improvements have been made to all new episode content including improved waypoints and issues involving timing and teaming that could block mission progression.
  • Added TOS themed beam in and out for players, bridge officers, and TOS NPCs.
  • Added a new loading screen for TOS captains.
  • Additional TOS themed icons and UI have been added.
  • Changed the registry name/numbers on NX-class ships to use the same font as TOS ships.

Known Issues:
  • The TOS Captains and missions are all a work in progress.
  • Players that have already claimed the Constitution Class Starship will not see the updated art.
    • Go into the ship tailor with the ship and alter the costume to make all updates appear.

Comments

• Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    The beam effect works better now, but the beam-out animation still takes a couple of seconds to start, and still cuts off early. (At least, it does when you're watching your own beam-in animation; others' seem fine. Apparently, the beam-out cutscene is just ending too early. Or the animation is starting too late. Or both.)

Career-specific objectives on TOS characters are still broken, too, btw. I've seen no mention of that from y'all and I hope it gets addressed before AoY's launch.

Love the new loading screen, but it's inconsistent in appearing; sometimes, the standard Fed one appears instead (this is most noticeable in situations where a double loading screen appears, such as when beaming into ESD). To be fair, this happens for KDF and Rom characters as well, so it might not strictly be an AoY-specific issue.

Thank you for the NX font change! It's something I've wanted to see for a long time but didn't think would ever happen.
  • Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    The beam effect works better now, but the beam-out animation still takes a couple of seconds to start, and still cuts off early. (At least, it does when you're watching your own beam-in animation; others' seem fine. Apparently, the beam-out cutscene is just ending too early. Or the animation is starting too late. Or both.)

Career-specific objectives on TOS characters are still broken, too, btw. I've seen no mention of that from y'all and I hope it gets addressed before AoY's launch.

Love the new loading screen, but it's inconsistent in appearing; sometimes, the standard Fed one appears instead (this is most noticeable in situations where a double loading screen appears, such as when beaming into ESD). To be fair, this happens for KDF and Rom characters as well, so it might not strictly be an AoY-specific issue.

Thank you for the NX font change! It's something I've wanted to see for a long time but didn't think would ever happen.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Career-specific objectives in pre-existing missions on TOS characters were being fixed earlier this morning. The rest of the issues you mentioned are being worked on, but I'm less certain as to the status of those issues.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    what about the lack of promotion missions making it impossible to claim the free ships at level up (ie level 20 and up ships)

makes testing quit difficult
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    gpgtx wrote: »
    what about the lack of promotion missions making it impossible to claim the free ships at level up (ie level 20 and up ships)

makes testing quit difficult

Also being worked on.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    awesome :)

loving this expansion so far
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    For those, like me, who can't get the level 20 ship... I am also eagerly awaiting the fix, and it's great that borticus is communicating with us... But I just decided to use the Andromeda from the mission reward until the fix is in place.

Just offering a suggested temp fix/workaround...
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    I wasn't able to claim the ships either - but - I force advanced my alt so I could use XIV gear (stupid and unnecessary). I'm going to replay the available content this weekend on a new character to see if I can claim them.
  • Options
    arkangel11004arkangel11004 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Yea, I think the problem here is that the beam out animation is just that, an animation. So when you click beam out, the game rotates camera, says "start animation" and begins a countdown timer to map change. Regardless of whether the animation has completed or not, after whatever (say 3 sec) interval, game will change map. All previous beam animations have been made to fit into this time window, likely because as being in the future we haven't seen these animations on tv before, so they can be made as slow or as fast as the devs like. TOS's beam effects however, were notoriously slower than other the other series' iterations. They are just having trouble fitting that into the current interval set.

I'm optimistic it will be sorted in the end.

P.S. And yes, the promotion missions / ships and career specific objectives are still problematic, though I gather that's being worked on. I do approve of the NX font change as well. That's what Tribble's here for!
    Post edited by arkangel11004 on
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    a few things wrong with this, uniforms are canonically incorrect for starfleet officers circa 2375, a new dress code came in only a few years before hand, yet all of them except one or two of the npcs are wearing the wrong uniform.

canonically incorrect starships employed in defense around earth as well, back then it was saber, miranda, akira, galaxy, centaur, nebula, sovereign and excelsior, i saw a few ship classes that appear to be from 2409-2410 era which should not be in that mix at all.

also the enterprise did not warp out on the vulcans as at the time captain archer order a shuttle pod be readied to help the vulcans out. in this episode it did, thats wrong.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    a few things wrong with this, uniforms are canonically incorrect for starfleet officers circa 2375, a new dress code came in only a few years before hand, yet all of them except one or two of the npcs are wearing the wrong uniform.

It's 2270, not 2375 - TOS uniforms were still in effect, TOS having ended in 2269 and TMP being set later.

canonically incorrect starships employed in defense around earth as well, back then it was saber, miranda, akira, galaxy, centaur, nebula, sovereign and excelsior, i saw a few ship classes that appear to be from 2409-2410 era which should not be in that mix at all.
    None of the ships you list existed yet, except possibly a pre-refit styled Miranda not shown on screen (but that role has been filled by Cryptic's Pioneer). The generic NPCs around ESD being incorrect is a known issue (just like NPCs morphing into modern era versions in cutscenes), but they should also not be any of the classes you list.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    hevach wrote: »

It's 2270, not 2375 - TOS uniforms were still in effect, TOS having ended in 2269 and TMP being set later.

None of the ships you list existed yet, except possibly a pre-refit styled Miranda not shown on screen (but that role has been filled by Cryptic's Pioneer). The generic NPCs around ESD being incorrect is a known issue (just like NPCs morphing into modern era versions in cutscenes), but they should also not be any of the classes you list.

im not sure what you are reading, but a new mission was launched on tribble and that is what i am reporting. try again.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    Chasing the Vorgons throughout time and space was interesting. The final location was surprising, as was the true purpose of "Transporter code 14". Mr Envoy is becoming more and more familiar. I wonder if he is who I think he is?
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Career-specific objectives in pre-existing missions on TOS characters were being fixed earlier this morning. The rest of the issues you mentioned are being worked on, but I'm less certain as to the status of those issues.

Yay! You guys rock. :D
  • Options
    speedystrekspeedystrek Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Chasing the Vorgons throughout time and space was interesting. The final location was surprising, as was the true purpose of "Transporter code 14". Mr Envoy is becoming more and more familiar. I wonder if he is who I think he is?

Yes, I loved the quest too with all the time jumps etc. And yes I think I know who Mr. Envoy is too. ^^

The problem with promotion is annoying, but I found one ship that I still could get from the vendor, the Chimera.
    7mf4rl12.png
  • Options
    tehibristehibris Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I'm getting server not available... is Tribble undergoing a second patch?

(Before anyone shoots me, I am a Lifer so it's not just that I'm not a gold account, and I was able to get on after the previous patches.)
  • Options
    stostargatewarsstostargatewars Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    tehibris wrote: »
    I'm getting server not available... is Tribble undergoing a second patch?

(Before anyone shoots me, I am a Lifer so it's not just that I'm not a gold account, and I was able to get on after the previous patches.)

been like this for over 2 hours.
  • Options
    tehibristehibris Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    ^Ah ok... hadn't seen any other posts about it... maybe it's because of the Delphic Expanse thing that they seem to have accidentally released? Perhaps they're removing it?

Link in case you've not seen it: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1216627/delphic-region-spoilers-within
  • Options
    Tribble should be back up now.
  • Options
    captainjk740captainjk740 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Are there any plans on including other species than the 4 in TOS? I know those were the only ones seen on screen. However, later shows have made cannon that other species like the Trill had been on TOS ships in DS9.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Are there any plans on including other species than the 4 in TOS? I know those were the only ones seen on screen. However, later shows have made cannon that other species like the Trill had been on TOS ships in DS9.

Every time a Dev has talked about that in interviews, the answer has been "NO".
    The expansion just entails, what was actually seen in the three seasons of TOS.
    <shrug>
    Post edited by daveyny on
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    Has anyone seen any patch notes for the patch that dropped today?
    I need a beer.

• Options
    talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    I don't see the mission in my journal on one of my toons (both are TOS chars created before this patch went live). A friend of mine can't see it on both his Tribble chars (one is TOS, the other one is Fed).
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User

It was yesterday, not today.

Someone posted they found a not-yet ready mission able to be entered, guessing they brought it down to close it.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    tuskin67 wrote: »

It was yesterday, not today.

Someone posted they found a not-yet ready mission able to be entered, guessing they brought it down to close it.

That's what I figured. I had only just found out about it and logged in to find it... gone. Oh well.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    As someone who got to experience that mission early, I can tell you. It's worth the wait!
  • Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Yeah I have to say its going to be extremely awesome with VA - Voice Acting. That mission gave me goosebumps. lol
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    Hey, we got the Tox Uthat back. Now let's just fly to the Na'kuhl, restart their star and wipe out that whole stupid temporal cold war timeline including Daniels and his future Envoy identity. :D
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.