Options

A new standard for measuring dps: Sakari System Patrol

2»

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    dd1m wrote: »
    Far from it, but thats the standard thats been introduced for solo DPS marks

Doesn't mean we can't be open to other options....

Since that foundry is not run on elite, Sophlogimo does have a point about using an elite instance.

There's also the matter of the foundry being unavailable after major patches
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    e30ernest wrote: »
    yreodred wrote: »
    When objectively measuring DPS of a build (not a team) you need an isolated environment without any influences by other players, eliminating as much variables as possible.
    So when someone says he/she did an x amount of DPS in ISA it's a mix of all players ship builds and their teamwork in that mission. But to say that amount of damage was archieved by a specific build is simply misleading and wrong.

OP: what about using Starbase 234 (Advanced or Elite) as a benchmark?

Starbase 234 has some variance to it though, and a lot of dead air (travel time).
    It's true that there are some minor variances, like different ships at the beginning, but they never delayed the advance to the Starbase in a meaningful manner if i remember correctly. Just hit Evasive maneuvers right from the start and you are almost instantly in weapons reach of the Starbase.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    quammenquammen Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Got curious, tried it and it was..interesting in my T5-U Chel Grett. 45k dps like in better ISA runs with the same survival challenge of a bad ISA run (>50% of team's dps by myself). Using threatening stance in a warship without much selfheals might be a bit unconventional though :*
  • Options
    avaerisavaeris Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Tried it out - twice on my Tac, once on my Sci.
    SCM - Combat - [01:36] DMG(DPS) - Avar: 10.76M(112.40K) Tac toon
    SCM - Combat - [02:07] DMG(DPS) - Xavi: 11.47M(90.60K) Sci toon

Seems to be a decent map for parsing. As with everything else I'm sure if you do it a bunch of times a pattern will emerge and parses will go up. No lag issues that I noted.
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    We're already seeing variance as my run had a total of 8M total damage (so only that amount of HP from mobs) vs 10M and 11.5M from @avaeris.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Interesting run for me ...

Estebano@Superchum 25,991.56 DPS 15,532,558 Total Damage

Haven't run this mission in ages.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Tac Pilot faw 29.7k deeps and 15m, including a death, over 470 sec, bit laggy, was idiotically running commando instead of strategist. Had odd times when zooming around of losing sense of where the target(s) were. Didn't use cloak and decloak/ambush anything like a decent amount.
  • Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    I do not mind ISA as a DPS meter - it doesn't JUST Show the build but also piloting skills.
    ie: if you know when to hit evasive maneuvrs, you stay in battle longer and can do more damage. Doesn't improve your DPS per se but improves your DPS in that Mission.

having more than one "stnadard" is always dangerous due to different resistances of ships. ie: you may use Plasma weapons which enemy A isn'T resistant agaisnt but enemy B is. So having more than one Mission may distort results.

Also it seems that this quest to get a different Standard seems like a desperate attempt to improve the personal DPS rather than your build and skills - if I remember correctly the OP is one of those who wants to get a hard barrier for a fixed Maximum DPS. and if I read that his DPS is 28k, he may try to sneak into the 30k channel... this is just an suspicion though.

One Thing that the patrol would have an Advantage over ISA though is that you can solo it and thus are less dependent on other Players.
    I will try out the patrol in the next few days and compare the result to my ISA result.
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    Lf0m SPE
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    hugin1205 wrote: »
    having more than one "stnadard" is always dangerous due to different resistances of ships. ie: you may use Plasma weapons which enemy A isn'T resistant agaisnt but enemy B is. So having more than one Mission may distort results.

Don't we already have more than one standard though? ISA, HSE, CCA are all parsed, charted, submitted and tracked. And there's the aforementioned DPS Mark. There's the starbase map. We do kind of already try to utilize more than one standard. For testing purposes, this is a good thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    We never bothered parsing HSE or CCA - esp in CCA some Players are out of range at times, hence their results are useless anyway. And as ISA parsing seemed OK for me I didn't want any random numbers that I couldn't compare those results with.
    And I hadn'T known that other Players uploaded their CCA or HSE results :) naive me
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Sorry I've been away, you asked for a parse:

SCM - Combat - [0:02:16] DPS - @dd1m: 92,874.67

Wasn't the best run, and with some better piloting could do better.
    8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg