test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Energy Weapons officer Tuka and Tulor have lower cooldown reduction than stated.

blaz3rdudeblaz3rdude Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited June 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Beam Special Attacks
Goes 25 (click), 24,23,[..5 second reduction..] 19,18,17... Not 25 (click),24,23,[..10 second reduction..] 14,13 etc...

8Fj8w00.png

Stacking chances with having multiple DOFFS is working - but reduction is always only 5sec when it activates.

Edit : Clarified
Post edited by blaz3rdude on

Comments

• Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2016
    There is always a time delay when the system works out the reduction, for example if you run EP2W and EP2S, when you have one in cool down and activate the second, the first will continue to count down on it's original timer, then one it reaches zero the new global value gets applied. Annoying as it, I'm not sure a lot can be done without affecting game play. But I can certainly raise the question with the OST and see what input they can offer.

EDIT - I've asked for some feed back from the OST concerning the issue, because I'm not sure what could be done or how much of a negative impact it would have on game performance. I'll keep you posted on any feedback that isn't considered "Classified" so to say.​​
    Post edited by sqwished on
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    Thanks for the reply!

I think there might be a miscommunication.

Consider this - STO has a rare doff version of this trait. (50% chance of reducing by 7.5 seconds)
    It correctly gives a 7.5 second cooldown - after a small delay of course. At the moment, the purple card is performing like a green one - there is a few seconds delay (not a problem!) and then it reduces the cooldown by only 5 seconds instead of the stated 10, and 2.5 seconds LESS than the rare version of the card - That IS a problem).
    The problem is NOT the few seconds delay in activation, rather the cooldown being lower than stated in the stats.
  • Options
    blaz3rdude wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply!

I think there might be a miscommunication.

Consider this - STO has a rare doff version of this trait. (50% chance of reducing by 7.5 seconds)
    It correctly gives a 7.5 second cooldown - after a small delay of course. At the moment, the purple card is performing like a green one - there is a few seconds delay (not a problem!) and then it reduces the cooldown by only 5 seconds instead of the stated 10, and 2.5 seconds LESS than the rare version of the card - That IS a problem).
    The problem is NOT the few seconds delay in activation, rather the cooldown being lower than stated in the stats.

I understand the issue, but the cool down will never fall below 20 seconds as this is global cool down for that particular power. From what I can see, there's "lag" between the power activating and the doff proc kicking in. This lag appears to be what your seeing, and interpreting as a 5 second cool down.​​

• Options
    Ah, Thank you.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    So, just to clarify, FAW III starts at a 25 second cooldown.
    The DOFF says it will take 10 seconds off, 50% of the time.
    So that is technically 15 seconds (25-10=15).
    Yet the Global cooldown is 20 seconds for FAW III, so the maximum that could ever be taken off is in fact 5 seconds, not 7.5 or 10.

The delay I am seeing is not in fact the wait before it kicks in (as I thought), but it is immediate, it's just that the key hasn't reacted instantly (not that that matters).

This does however mean that the Purple version of that DOFF, is no better than the Rare (at 7.5), or the Uncommon (at 5 seconds) as it can't drop below 20 anyway.

I'm guessing there is a power it affects where you can see the full 10 seconds? Which skills are they? I'd like to see some benefit from my expensive DOFF, haha!

Thank you - you've been very patient. I'm sure there is a lesson to be learned here, just not sure which one.

Edit :

Here is the info from STOpedia :

Beam weapons variant
    Ship Duty: Space
    Game Description: [SP] Chance to reduce the time to recharge when using beam special attacks - Beam Array: Fire at Will and Beam Overload
    Obtained from the C-Store Reinforcements Duty Officer Pack
    Quality Ship Duty Effect
    White 50% chance: Reduce remaining recharge time by 2.5 sec
    Green 50% chance: Reduce remaining recharge time by 5 sec
    Blue 50% chance: Reduce remaining recharge time by 7.5 sec
    Purple 50% chance: Reduce remaining recharge time by 10 sec

So...

It looks like the beam variant only affects FAW and BO. Does BO have a different global cooldown?
    If it doesn't, then why does the card suggest a 10 second cooldown is possible when in fact it is impossible for the only two skills it works with given the global cooldown?
    Maybe the card needs updating / something needs changing?
    Post edited by blaz3rdude on
  • Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    blaz3rdude wrote: »
    It looks like the beam variant only affects FAW and BO. Does BO have a different global cooldown?
    If not, maybe the card needs updating / something needs changing?

Beam Overload has a duplicate cooldown of 15 seconds. It also shares a 15 second global with Fire at Will, although Fire at Will still has that 20 second duplicate cooldown.
    (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c8JBNhgMFZwSGlHsq5Rk56KMvrLA_qmEd-MHazzXi6I/edit?usp=sharing#gid=1921473918)​​
  • Options
    The Initial cool down for FAW is 30 seconds, with the doff equipped it has a stated chance to reduce this to 20 seconds (10 sec reduction from the purple doff) which is the global cool down, no matter what you do you can not reduce this any further. For what I'm seeing there's a 4 sec period of the initial cool down that counts down before the doff proc kicks in which then brings it down to 20 seconds so if you do the math because of the "lag" the doff is only applying a 6 second cool down at best. It's this "lag" that's causing the issue. If the system decides that the doff should proc then FAW should immediately go onto the global cool down of 20 seconds the moment you activate it, which is what we're not seeing.​​

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Thanks so much - you'll follow it up / add it?
    I've marked it as reported and leave it in your capable hands.