test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to start game client: The operation completed successfully

I just downloaded the latest patch, hit 'ENGAGE' and a message popped up in the progress bar saying "Unable to start game client: The operation completed successfully" So I tried 'Force Verify' which resulted in an error message saying "36\nA file was locked that could not be open for writing" I checked the forum for similar issues and saw people suggesting to use 'Run as Administer.' I do that regardless but decided to try it just to be sure, did the 'Force Verify' again and am still getting the original message. What else could I try?

Comments

• dantebl#8103 dantebl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hello.I am having this issue too.I run mem test,disk test and checked a disk fragmentation.Launcher wont run.Period.Will try to erase whole game folder and download it again.It was all fine untill last update.After it all hell broke loose.Game crashing(game freeze,then black screen,then had to kill STO in task manager).In PVE,game gets jagged a lot.Tried dozens of options with Direct X.Cleaned temp folder too.
    Fortis fortuna adiuvat
  • nonenamednonenamed Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am receiving this error as well. Started with memory test, Checked for bad sectors, Force verify, restart computer and route/modem, switched to direct x9, Deleted Live/Beta/Temp folder and re-patched Still getting the same error; OTHER MMOS CAN CONNECT.
  • jameshejameshe Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Me to got the same massage have done all the same thinks as you gays.
  • champion137champion137 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    same issue here error 36 file is locked that cannot be opened and just keeps restarting over and over without success..download of patch never finished because some file is locked up..game won't run.