test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TOS how do i make a captian to play this.

I don't understand. when i go to make a new captian. it lets me play as other races. not TOS ones Oo?

Comments

• Options
    imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Agents of Yesterday isn't live yet. The AoY content is on Tribble, so if you're Gold/LTS you can make a TOS character on there.

But you won't be able to make a TOs char until Agents of Yesterday is released.
  • Options
    bobsled624bobsled624 Member Posts: 267 Bug Hunter
    Hey @lordakura

Agents of Yesterday has not launched as yet, so you won't have the option to play the TOS content unless you have a Gold or Lifetime Subscription and access to the Tribble Test Server. Launch date has not been confirmed as yet, but keep an eye on Arcgames.com for more information as it becomes available.

Captain Mark Shranz | bIng 'aj Ro'Tal | erei'Riov Koval tr'Liun

"Your fun is not wrong" -Jeremy Randal@borticuscryptic

Proud Member of the Operational Support (Bug Hunter) Team
  • Options
    lordakuralordakura Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Agents of Yesterday isn't live yet. The AoY content is on Tribble, so if you're Gold/LTS you can make a TOS character on there.

But you won't be able to make a TOs char until Agents of Yesterday is released.

that would explain why hahah :P so is there a new option that will become avaliable once it goes live?
  • Options
    imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Yeah, there will be a new faction option to choose when making a new character once AoY is live.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    bobsled624 wrote: »
    Hey @lordakura

Agents of Yesterday has not launched as yet, so you won't have the option to play the TOS content unless you have a Gold or Lifetime Subscription and access to the Tribble Test Server. Launch date has not been confirmed as yet, but keep an eye on Arcgames.com for more information as it becomes available.

i do have access to the test server :) so ill will check it out on red shirt. that IS the test server yeah?
  • Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Test it out on the Tribble server. That's the one being used for testing Agents Of Yesterday content. :)
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    No specific date has been given for the release of AoY Expansion. The last time I heard it was going to be in July and it will be after the 2016 Risa Summer Event ends.

*** EDIT ***

Oops... I meant 2016, not 2106. I am pretty certain people are not willing to wait 90 years for the next Risa Summer Event and the AoY Expansion.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    No specific date has been given for the release of AoY Expansion. The last time I heard it was going to be in July and it will be after the 2106 Risa Summer Event ends.

Agents of Yesterday Expansion in July. i got this from the page talking about when the packs will be actived and thank you
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    No, it's on tribble, not red shirt.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    facepalm no one ever checks when things come out check the date guys come on. an yes will be out round july
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    When AoY is out, you'll make a NEW character, just as you do with any Alt. But instead of selecting Federation, KDF or Romulan, there will be a new, fourth faction you'll pick, TOS.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    @tacofangs on tribble it says TOS federation does it mean there will be TOS romulan and TOS klingon too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    scrooge69 wrote: »
    @tacofangs on tribble it says TOS federation does it mean there will be TOS romulan and TOS klingon too?

that has been answered many times, and directly by Gecko... and its a flat no
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    scrooge69 wrote: »

Only TOS faction is Fed, period the end.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Yeah TOS will be like Romulan Faction but you can only be Fed aligned. TOS Fed aligned.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    and probably limited to Pointy eared Hobgoblins, Blue skins, Space Pigs and Hu-mons
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    tacofangs wrote: »
    When AoY is out, you'll make a NEW character, just as you do with any Alt. But instead of selecting Federation, KDF or Romulan, there will be a new, fourth faction you'll pick, TOS.

i see so TOS will be a brand new faction so to speak?
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    [
    lordakura wrote: »
    tacofangs wrote: »

i see so TOS will be a brand new faction so to speak?

More like a new starting experience. At present it seems TOS only gets 6 exclusive missions, then gets dumped in with regular feds at level 10, with all subsequent new missions being faction neutral.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    So puzzled.. so there are kinda TOS MIssions. Ya know, I mean they're kinda TOS missions, but they're not TOS missions, they're temporal missions with TOS characters, sets and situations. The new characters will get to be in the TOS era, but they wont be staying there... They're coming to the future. Where their TOS content joins the main story line you got me. But eventually it kinda seem that it becomes just another player character that has access to an extended line of either TOS ships or Temporal ships from a future beyond the games current time line...

Never did like the entire temporal cold war thing anyway.. always seemed a great way to write ones self into a corner.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    So puzzled.. so there are kinda TOS MIssions. Ya know, I mean they're kinda TOS missions, but they're not TOS missions, they're temporal missions with TOS characters, sets and situations. The new characters will get to be in the TOS era, but they wont be staying there... They're coming to the future. Where their TOS content joins the main story line you got me. But eventually it kinda seem that it becomes just another player character that has access to an extended line of either TOS ships or Temporal ships from a future beyond the games current time line...

Never did like the entire temporal cold war thing anyway.. always seemed a great way to write ones self into a corner.

Or out of one. Like they did with X-Men Days of Futures Past.

When it's broke, change the timeline.

Now if you'll excuse me. I gotta go back to convince myself to beat up that bully in 7th grade and stop being a coward.

*whoosh*
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Or out of one. Like they did with X-Men Days of Futures Past.

When it's broke, change the timeline.

Now if you'll excuse me. I gotta go back to convince myself to beat up that bully in 7th grade and stop being a coward.

*whoosh*

The hell with bullies, I just want to go back and give myself the winning numbers for the billion dollar powerball drawing ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png