test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Museum

I would like to propose a fleet Museum for Star Trek Online like Risa Captains can Go to A Fleet Museum and visit starfleets finsest vessels like The Enterprise NX 01 or the Stargazer as well
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    The shows have mentioned that Star Fleet does have a Fleet Museum. Would be nice to visit in game.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Fleet_Museum
    Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • Options
    ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    Yeah matter I have been doing sketches on my spare time how it would look like at first we see the outsides of ships from the Fleet dock through shuttle bods and later on we can visit inside the vessels as well and even purches bridge and or ship Corrders from that curten class to have for our vessels
    May the Shwartz Be With You
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Yes i would love it.
    however dont put the phoenix in it as picard said it was in the smithsonian.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    The museum should be added as someware u can trail ships b4 u buy. Or maybe to showcase upcomming cstore releases
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Would be nice, but I don't want Them doing something like this till They've run out of other things to do and the game is as BUG free as possible.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    I'd love to see a fleet Museum. They'd have many of the origional ships like Enterprise NX01, the A, possibly the B and a few other legendary ships of the past days there.

Love to see that.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Love to see a Fleet Museum - and with AoY, there'll be enough to have that early Starfleet wing. :)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    ryuranger wrote: »
    I would like to propose a fleet Museum for Star Trek Online like Risa Captains can Go to A Fleet Museum and visit starfleets finsest vessels like The Enterprise NX 01 or the Stargazer as well

this would be a fine place to visit but once you have been would you ever want to return?
    I am not sure its worth the devs time for something that is eventually going to end up like a ghost town just like the captains table is.
    unless the devs would change the exhibits every now and then I just don't see the point and is it really worth their time when they could be working on missions and other content we all crave.
    it might be an interesting backdrop for a mission of some kind though but other then that I just don't see if its worth the bother.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    *cough* Memory Alpha *cough*

So many reasons to keep that place open and to do great things with it...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2016

i don't think that is quite what the op had in mind having said that I think it proves my earlier point, see I visited the museum once and never want to return.

• Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User

this would be a fine place to visit but once you have been would you ever want to return?

People do that in real life. The Air and Space museum is the most popular division of the Smithsonian.

Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    I like this idea too, but in order for it to be in the game there would have to be a game play reason. Perhaps there could be unique doffing and admiralty assignments on the map. There could also be a story mission attached, perhaps the premise could be the player character hunting down a Nakul or other enemy temporal agent who is stationed on the museum, that would provide a game play reason to go and explore ships in the museum.
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Na'kuhl are pretty good choices for this sort of thing - Walker and you go visit, and then half the museum vanishes or the like.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    edited May 2016

People do that in real life. The Air and Space museum is the most popular division of the Smithsonian.

quite true but there are seven billion people in the world most of whom would find it fun to visit a museum sadly nowhere near that number playing sto, also they change many of their exhibits from time to time so it makes it worth visiting museums again every few years, I cant see cryptics devs changing the exhibits often enough (if ever) to pull in the crowds as much as a real museum does so I would predict that after the initial visit you would be highly unlikely to go there again.

interesting you should mension the Smithsonian, The total number of artifacts, works of art and specimens in the Smithsonian’s collections is estimated at 137 million, cant see the devs making that number of items to view.
    Post edited by bobbydazlers on