Options

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - MAY 12, 2016

Comments

• Options
    foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Seems unlikely to be out today. No way around the rifle issue though
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    All we can do is wait. I for one hope it will be out and test'able by 1am BST (GMT+1). Not likely, but I'm impatient to get through the tutorial!
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    I experienced the 'equip rifle' bug too, but was able to continue by logging out to the character screen and back in after equipping the rifle.

Not sure if it was a fluke or not.
  • Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    known bug, should be fixed in the next Tribble patch. I haven't been able to get past that point yet, where the game doesn't recognize that you equipped the rifle. I did try several workarounds others mentioned, no luck yet.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    got to the equipped rifle and progression stop, no biggie will wait for a fix, looks good so far devs keep up the good work.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Last night, was able to get through the rifle issue by dragging it from the inventory directly into the slot where the pistol was. My hangup came later when Ens. Mears would not spawn at the end of Dislocating Klingons.

Maybe the drag and drop will be a workaround for others....
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    I am enjoying the new TOS epansion so far. keep up the good work. :)
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    OK...
    Just tried the Switching Toons thingy and it worked.

I did put both the pistol and the rifle into my inventory before changing characters.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    OK...
    Just tried the Switching Toons thingy and it worked.

I did put both the pistol and the rifle into my inventory before changing characters.
    B)
    Didn't work for me.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    I had to do it three times total before it worked for me.
    But now I'm stuck with the Invisible Giant Chief.
    He's there, because I get hit every once in a while if I stand still, but I can't target him.
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    Enjoying the expansion, but hoping ESD TOS changes and its a temp thing as to what's currently there or its gonna get crowded I think.

Also hoping for it to at least (on the outside) look like the Watchtower-class from Vanguard series.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    kodoskangkodoskang Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Tribble has been updated to: ST.64.20160501a.9.

*Only Gold and Lifetime Account players can access Tribble to view the new Agents of Yesterday content*

New Features:

New Mission: “In the Shadow of Cestus” [/list]

Known Issues:
    • The Foundry is temporarily unavailable.
    • The TOS Captains and missions are all a work in progress.
    • Players that have already claimed the Constitution Class Starship will not see the updated art.
      • Go into the ship tailor with the ship and alter the costume to make all updates appear.

I'm stuck on equipping the Phaser rifle in "In the Shadow of Cestus". The target isn't marked as completed. Can't be solved by neither log off and in nor by skipping it through accepting "Bull by the Horns" - so I now have to delete that toon and start all over.
  • Options
    daisatsujindaisatsujin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I saw someone else post bout not being able to create a new captain, I'm having the same issue. It says that I have filled all of my available character slots and I've tried logging in and out several times already.

edit: apparently I had too many transferred characters on the account, so i just deleted a bunch of them and voila. I can make up a new captain.
    You want mercy? I will show you mercy. Acroyear mercy. The swift mercy of the sword!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    looks like it was downloading the old version again, stopped it before it got too far downloaded and added force verify again, now its just downloading 300mb of stuff.

from what i saw yesterday though, apart from the already noticeable doctors holding 24th century rifles, ensign flores position where he dies either needs to be moved or the shuttle debris on the map needs to be moved, because he he dies and lands, his head is missing as it is intersecting with the shuttle debris on the floor. also the shuttle launch from the ship in the first mission, the shuttle bay doors either need to open or the cutscene needs to be eliminated as it looks silly for the front section of the shuttle to passing through closed shuttle bay doors.

then i ran up against the rifle bug, ran it multiple times without any success.

kinda wondering what the finish product for these missions would look like.

Edit: Noticed on the ship before you use the shuttle that only once have i see a full crew in the corridor ring and every other time the corridor is empty of npcs.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    i guess we will just have to wait till sometime next week to see what the mission looks like unless Cryptic staff work at the weekends
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I had to do it three times total before it worked for me.
    But now I'm stuck with the Invisible Giant Chief.
    He's there, because I get hit every once in a while if I stand still, but I can't target him.
    B)

I just tried this, it seems the third time is the charm!
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    from what i saw yesterday though, apart from the already noticeable doctors holding 24th century rifles, ensign flores position where he dies either needs to be moved or the shuttle debris on the map needs to be moved, because he he dies and lands, his head is missing as it is intersecting with the shuttle debris on the floor.

Ensign Flores? I wonder if he's supposed to be Elisa's great-great grandfather...
  • Options
    rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    from what i saw yesterday though, apart from the already noticeable doctors holding 24th century rifles, ensign flores position where he dies either needs to be moved or the shuttle debris on the map needs to be moved, because he he dies and lands, his head is missing as it is intersecting with the shuttle debris on the floor.

Ensign Flores? I wonder if he's supposed to be Elisa's great-great grandfather...

That's what I was thinking...
  • Options
    yulianhuayulianhua Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    rogue6800 wrote: »

That's what I was thinking...

Unless he had a child/children before he left for this mission, that would be unlikely, seeing how he doesn't make it past this mission. Great-great grand-uncle, perhaps?

I accidentally found a possible solution to the rifle problem. On a whim, I looked to see what other instances were there and when I saw one (of several) with 0 players in it, I switched to it, and when I did, I was given credit for having equipped my rifle (it was already equipped when I switched instances). I haven't tried to duplicate this, and having an empty instance to jump to may not always be an option, but it might be something to try until the bug is fixed.
  • Options
    roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    Can we get rid of the flim grain please that effect is horriable

Same opinion here. I don't mind it for testing purposes (it sort of hides the finer details that may or may not be finished yet), but actually playing the game with it would be unbearable.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    I don't really mind the film grain effect, though I'm all for having it available as an option, the depth of field on several occasions is atrocious and needs some tweaking. The moments where the captain has a close-up on his face during a cutscene come to mind.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    lazygizmolazygizmo Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    after playing this morning and again this afternoon, i went on live for a few minutes, come back to play tribble and another patch gets downloaded and now i have version mismatch again
  • Options
    Yeah, it seems to bounce back and forth between the actual patch and some patch from the past.
    If you see a 3780MB patch it's the Bad one, you have to let it finish then re-patch to get the 4K MB Good patch.
  • Options
    lazygizmolazygizmo Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    my current patch is good, 4gb worth, now they just need to let us carry on with the res of the missions lol my lvl 6 is getting bored
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,522 Arc User
    Didn't know if it was a bug or not, so wasn't sure where to put this...

I have previously purchased the TOS Command Tunic, but it doesn't show up as an option for the TOS Andorian toon I just created... I saw another player wearing it, but I can't. Didn't know if they had bought the new temporal agent pack... I also transferred over from holodeck today a toon who was wearing it, and the option to wear it disappeared... My questions are:

Is it being taken away from us if we don't purchase the new pack?

How come there are more customization options for my boffs than there are for the plying character?

Is there a reason I don't have access to outfits I've purchased, on Tribble?

Am I the only one this has happened to?

Thanks folks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    I don't really mind the film grain effect, though I'm all for having it available as an option, the depth of field on several occasions is atrocious and needs some tweaking. The moments where the captain has a close-up on his face during a cutscene come to mind.

Pretty sure that Depth-Of-Field is the same awful effect that used to be called Anti-Aliasing, where it just blurs everything a short distance away (less noticeable on ground, but fully zoom out in space with it on and you ship goes from sharp and detailed while zoomed in and all the way to the lowest-res I've seen in a while on full zoom out).
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    yulianhua wrote: »
    I accidentally found a possible solution to the rifle problem. On a whim, I looked to see what other instances were there and when I saw one (of several) with 0 players in it, I switched to it, and when I did, I was given credit for having equipped my rifle (it was already equipped when I switched instances). I haven't tried to duplicate this, and having an empty instance to jump to may not always be an option, but it might be something to try until the bug is fixed.

does not work for me.
    Yeah, it seems to bounce back and forth between the actual patch and some patch from the past.
    If you see a 3780MB patch it's the Bad one, you have to let it finish then re-patch to get the 4K MB Good patch.

set your cryptic launcher on force verify each time you use it. it should clear the issue but you will be waiting a few minutes, it is better than waiting around an hour to download it and find out it is mismatched again and download again and waste another hour to get it back to where it was.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Didn't know if it was a bug or not, so wasn't sure where to put this...

I have previously purchased the TOS Command Tunic, but it doesn't show up as an option for the TOS Andorian toon I just created... I saw another player wearing it, but I can't. Didn't know if they had bought the new temporal agent pack... I also transferred over from holodeck today a toon who was wearing it, and the option to wear it disappeared... My questions are:

Is it being taken away from us if we don't purchase the new pack?

How come there are more customization options for my boffs than there are for the plying character?

Is there a reason I don't have access to outfits I've purchased, on Tribble?

Am I the only one this has happened to?

Thanks folks!
    CM

You never have access to any C-store stuff on Tribble that wasn't copied over currently equipped. New characters don't have access to any C-store stuff at all. It's a completely different server.

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    Did anyone else just get a 500MB-odd patch? Been playing Tribble a few times the weekend, and after just logging in now I get that.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"