test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What be this and why don't we have this!!

Comments

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Because it's a ship from SFC, not STO. Licensing and all...
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Because that ship has an extra chromosome...
  • Options
    lordakuralordakura Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    But something similar can be kitbashed with the Armitage class.

ah, right :) thank you for the feed back.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    The ship wasn't that good anyways (Thats a lie btw).
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Is this part of the kitbashed Frankenstein Fleet?
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Wow, is that an ugly ship.
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    To each their own, but that looks like Kitbash barf.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    Is this part of the kitbashed Frankenstein Fleet?

It's a battle ship from a very old, very good Star Trek game
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    lordakura wrote: »

ugly ship class and notice its design appearance is from TMP onwards. cryptic would need to get an agreement with interplay but i seriously doubt cryptic would do that and just as well, fugly thing has no place on sto.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Looks like a Sovereign knocked up a Miranda and pushed it down the stairs.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    Looks like a Sovereign knocked up a Miranda and pushed it down the stairs.
    :lol:

attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,070 Community Moderator
    I actually don't mind the Yamato class Battleship's looks. Same with the Okinawa Frigate, Akula Destroyer, and Ark Royal Carrier. The Dreadnaught from the SFC games though... that one was a little meh.

God I miss doing my 4th of July move with 3 Battleships. Launch a Scatterpack from each ship with the best missiles and watch the fun.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    All it needs is some starbase phaser-4s and heavy plasma torpedos re-skinned to look like quantums. :D

I wonder if I can get my old copy of SFC2 to run on Vista..
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »
    All it needs is some starbase phaser-4s and heavy plasma torpedos re-skinned to look like quantums. :D

I wonder if I can get my old copy of SFC2 to run on Vista..

I found the following for you which may allow you to play SFC2. However, based on some of the posts some people still could not play SFC2. The quote below is from Pestalence_XC. Good luck...

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163390180.0.html

All SFC titles work on Vista / Windows 7 for Single Player Campaign / Skirmish modes, Gamespy Arcade, and TCP/IP.

First, turn off AV untill you are finished fully installing any and all applications, patches, utilites for the SFC game title. You need to install to the Program Files folder (32 bit) or the Program Files (x86) (64 bit).. you must launch the installer manually (not auto run) and install as administrator (right click setup.exe and run as administrator).. after installing the game, You need to find the install directory, right click the directory and select Properties, Uncheck the Read Only at the bottom of the General tab, click OK, say Yes for All files and Folders.. Next, you must patch to latest version by right clicking the patch and running as administrator, make sure the patch points to the proper install directory. Once installed, finde the Strfleet.exe, Starfleet2.exe, or StarfleetOP.exe and right click, go to properties, go to compatibility tab and set "Run as Administrator" check box. click OK.. right click the file again and select "Copy" and go to desktop and right click and select "Paste Shortcut". You will use this file to launch game (the other launcher files in Start Menu are bugged and can be deleted and removed from the Games folder).

For optimal performance you must set permissions to the current user, even if you are the administrator.

To do this, fine the Starfleet Command, Starfleet Command 2 (EAW depending on how you installed), or Starfleet Command Orion Pirates folder .. right click the folder, select Properties, select Security Tab. Click Edit button. Click Add Button. Type in your Windows Lon On name (the same name as your Pesonal folder .. the one where My Documents and My Download and My Videos is located). Click OK, then for each user listed, check Full Control and click Apply.. make sure to do this for each user listed. Once done, click OK and exit on out.

You can now install any mod packs etc for the SFC game series (if an EXE file, make sure to Run as Administrator AND point to the proper install directory).. when done, you can re-enable your Anti-Virus software.. run a scan of the game install directory to ensure everything is A-OK.. then get your game on.

SFC 1, 2 EAW and 2 OP will not interact with Dynaverse correctly.. you can connect to and play on Dynaverse, however map updates lag due to incompatibilities of DirectX 7 being emulated in Windoes 7 (no native support).. as such map updates for Vista / Wndows 7 client user every 2 minutes after mission.. as such, completing a mission and exiting back to map screen, once on map screen, you are unable to move, repair, update for 2 min. If someone else completes a mission and the map updates server side, it takes 2 minutes of waiting for the Vista / Windows 7 Client user to chatch up while being suspended from movement, resupply, ship pourchase, repair, map defense ratings, etc.. This is for each and every update tha map does for each player. as such, if 6 hexes are finished in missions by player or AI, you will have between a 2 to 12 min wait before you can move, not counting missions that finish while you are waiting.

SFC 3, no issues, so long as you are set to Compatibility mode for XPSP 3 and running as administrator and give the folders proper permissions to current user.