test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gameclient.exe has stopped working error: please help

Since the patch before last I have been unable to play the game because I get the above error every time. Gameclient.exe has stopped working. It happens when the New Dawn loading screen pops up. I've tried everything to fix it including a uninstall and reinstall last night. This also failed. I have no idea what else to do but I currently can't play the game. computer specs:

Windows 10
terrabyte hard drive
18 GB of RAM
AMD 8 core processor
AMD Radeon HD 7800 graphics card with 2 GB on board memory

I've got the horsepower to run this game and have been forever I just don't know what happened two updates ago. If anyone can help I would love it. Thanks.

Comments

• drewby2312312312drewby2312312312 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I'm getting the same issue. I'm newly returning to STO after a long hiatus and this is what keeps happening. The only difference is I manage to reach the character selection screen before I get the GameClient.exe has stopped working error message.
    I've tried running it in safe mode but no joy.
  • spotter5spotter5 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    same issue here. crash on new dawn. I'm verifying my install so will report back to see if it worked

edit: yeah that didn't work
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    I've had a fellow fleet member with a similar issue, he cured his problems by updating to the latest AMD drivers. Have you made sure yours are up to date?​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2016
    sqwished wrote: »
    I've had a fellow fleet member with a similar issue, he cured his problems by updating to the latest AMD drivers. Have you made sure yours are up to date?​​

For me it was different, the latest AMD drivers actually broke the game for me and another 5 people that I know of so far... causing the same error he is getting... "...exe has stop working" right on the New Dawn screen.
    Since the patch before last I have been unable to play the game because I get the above error every time. Gameclient.exe has stopped working. It happens when the New Dawn loading screen pops up. I've tried everything to fix it including a uninstall and reinstall last night. This also failed. I have no idea what else to do but I currently can't play the game. computer specs:

Windows 10
    terrabyte hard drive
    18 GB of RAM
    AMD 8 core processor
    AMD Radeon HD 7800 graphics card with 2 GB on board memory

I've got the horsepower to run this game and have been forever I just don't know what happened two updates ago. If anyone can help I would love it. Thanks.

Launch the game in safe mode OP, turn off the following settings; Anti-Aliasing: None, Bloom Quality: Low or Off

I'm also running the same exact videcard as you are...

6tviTDx.png

• rebuilthk47rebuilthk47 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Same issue here. Yes I am using AMD. No I cannot update higher than the last 15.x drivers.
  • rebuilthk47rebuilthk47 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Issue was resolved by logging in once in Safe Mode. Now it does fine all the time in normal mode. A strange fix.