test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[VIDEO] Dirty Gateway Dope (T1-Edition)

holofrogholofrog Member Posts: 111 Arc User
Hello everyone!

We're presenting a T1-ship doing 381k DPS in ISA - 381k gateway doped DPS.
The following video also contains a 186k DPS solo ISA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeshiuKvoLc&feature=youtu.be

Have fun while watching!

Disclaimer: We do not agree with those gateway doping tactics. It was only a theory craft run. Because of that we didn't upload this "record" to the DPS-League table.

Best regards

Holofrog

Comments

• tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Meh.
    Post edited by tacticalrook on
    /channel_join grind
  • triinu#6088 triinu Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    He who smelt it, dealt it...

I like the video for what it is...
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Lol Holo, I had to laugh hard at that one.

Fun to see that all those Gate Doper in pug runs the past weeks were not even pro when cheating, and that on their best ships...

Also gratz on that solo Ryan. Your selected music in addition to your playstyle give a rather peaceful impression of solo ISAs. :)
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • acidpresleyacidpresley Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Awesome as always :p
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    Awesome as always :p

Fascinating in an academic sense, maybe, as opposed to commendable :p Is there something to the "doping" part that I'm missing that goes beyond what used to be called doping, i.e. the spire consoles? Game mechanics oddities aside, most of the 381k probably still comes from the low duration/high spike nature of the runs/damage. It'd be interesting to see a gear set/explanation...or would that be enough detail for the tactic to be fixed?
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    Number one reason I don't play anymore, is how people can do content in 4 minutes or less.
    320x240.jpg
  • ezriryanezriryan Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    tobiashirt wrote: »

Fascinating in an academic sense, maybe, as opposed to commendable :p Is there something to the "doping" part that I'm missing that goes beyond what used to be called doping, i.e. the spire consoles?

To call spire consoles doping was irrational all the time - this is about sitting in front of the gateway pushing damage, while not actually participating in the run - usually refered to as "gateway doping" .. with the recent power-tsunami this is becoming a problem, because more and more people try to indulge in it. ISA randomqueues with 3 people after the first cube going for the gate - reflecting damage with feedback pulse really does look ridiculous.

On the other hand its a self-made problem. One player is more than enough to take out one flank of an ISA, so realisticly - since there are only two flanks, what are the other players supposed to do? However, thanks to current lag issues more than 2 actually participating players lower everyones DPS due to lag, missfire and rubberband...
    tobiashirt wrote: »
    Game mechanics oddities aside, most of the 381k probably still comes from the low duration/high spike nature of the runs/damage. It'd be interesting to see a gear set/explanation...or would that be enough detail for the tactic to be fixed?

The gear explanation is trivial at best.. T1 ships dont have much room^^ , Tac console(Torpedo dmg), ferrofluidic, Spatial charge and bioneural infusion - Adapted Maco 2p
    [Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher Mk XIV [Dmg]]
    [Particle Emission Plasma Torpedo Launcher Mk XIV [CrtD]x2 [CrtH]]

The main problem is how torpedos work and have been buffed. As they very rarely reach their target in decent teams they usually underperform. If you can get around that they are ridiculous.. See CCA or this run...
  • e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    Of course torps will hit hard on CCA and the gate. Both of those are stationary unshielded targets. If there's anything OP right now, it's the power beam boats yield right now.
    edited April 2016
    ... Lol @tunebreaker, perhaps you should start watching videos to the end before making posts. ;)
    animated.gif
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    ... Lol @tunebreaker, perhaps you should start watching videos to the end before making posts. ;)

I think you misunderstood me. I was exactly referring to his solo run, hence "invisible egos". My comment was just appreciation, and slight sneer to those who claim all big numbers runs are made with Recluse nannies.
    edited April 2016

I think you misunderstood me. I was exactly referring to his solo run, hence "invisible egos". My comment was just appreciation, and slight sneer to those who claim all big numbers runs are made with Recluse nannies.

Yea I missunderstood and I'm sorry then. :)

All this negativity towards DPS(er) in this game has started to put me into alert mode more than it's worth.
    animated.gif
  • e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    > All this negativity towards DPS(er) in this game has started to put me into alert mode more than it's worth.

The tides have turned. DPS'ers are now the victims of a new elite breed. :smile:

I've always said that DPS and anti-DPS elitism are 2 sides of the same coin.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    e30ernest wrote: »
    > All this negativity towards DPS(er) in this game has started to put me into alert mode more than it's worth.

The tides have turned. DPS'ers are now the victims of a new elite breed. :smile:

I've always said that DPS and anti-DPS elitism are 2 sides of the same coin.

Is this one of those Alien vs Predator thingies. "Whoever wins, we lose?"
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    And this my fellow captians is what I call irrefutable proof that your game has a massive imbalance issue when 1 skill and 1 trait allows you to obliterate the entire game! Wouldn't you agree
    @borticuscryptic
    @crypticrock
    ?
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

Pfft Ryan, stop getting nannied and don't leech off of your 4 invisible egos. :D

@tunebreaker You did realize that it's a teamgame/mission, nah? I think Ryan is 100% aware of this and very thankfull for the guys, doing this awesome stuff with him. And why invisible?

I wish people would be more tolerant, like in ->STAR TREK<-!
    edited April 2016
    Pfft Ryan, stop getting nannied and don't leech off of your 4 invisible egos. :D

@tunebreaker You did realize that it's a teamgame/mission, nah? I think Ryan is 100% aware of this and very thankfull for the guys, doing this awesome stuff with him. And why invisible?

I wish people would be more tolerant, like in ->STAR TREK<-!

Hehe, he is. I also missunderstood him in his post earlier. :)

Tune and I had a nice chat in game yesterday about it. Alls cool there.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Got it, sorry o:)