test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is the Na'khul Red Alert fair?

Do you think it's fair that the Na'khul Red Alert puts you with people who are lower than 60, AKA 50, if you are a 59? Example: it took me one hour to fight--with three dropouts--because I was in there with lower level players and never knew how bad it was because all my other characters are 60s. No other queue besides the elites do this. Do you think this is fair?

Yes, I understand my 59 will be a 60 soon but I'm talking about all those others that are as close to 60 as I am having to fight with 50s.

Comments

• Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    To be honest, I don't see that major issue here. All the red alerts do the same thing. And I've not heard anyone else complain.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    I still have no issues with this map/queue....tons.and tons of pugs and I've never seen 1 drop out/rage quit but in have seen people get vaped by the NPCs
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,331 Arc User
    The newest RA is pretty easy to be honest and it should pose no problems whatsoever if several team members are at level 50.
    One thing to keep in mind is that a dilithium weekend is like troll lure. You may have had to deal with people intending to sabotage the queue.

But to get back to the original question: Yes, the Red Alert is fair and easy enough to complete even when a whole team is at level 50 (assuming a basically competent team).
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    weloveorionweloveorion Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I've done this as a 60 and it took about seven minutes to complete , however if you are NOT a 60 you get put into a queue with lower levels from 50 to 59 and the time changes to 20 minutes or more unless others are doing damage as well.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    questerius wrote: »
    The newest RA is pretty easy to be honest and it should pose no problems whatsoever if several team members are at level 50.
    One thing to keep in mind is that a dilithium weekend is like troll lure. You may have had to deal with people intending to sabotage the queue.

But to get back to the original question: Yes, the Red Alert is fair and easy enough to complete even when a whole team is at level 50 (assuming a basically competent team).

I've got to agree with @questerius on this one. I'm not breaking DPS records, but I've got a well rounded ship, I can hold my own in all the content in the game, and I can still solo each of the red alerts with out any trouble. That being said, why in gods name does the think it needs to let up to 10 people in a Borg Red alert in the first place.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    Do you think it's fair that the Na'khul Red Alert puts you with people who are lower than 60, AKA 50, if you are a 59? Example: it took me one hour to fight--with three dropouts--because I was in there with lower level players and never knew how bad it was because all my other characters are 60s. No other queue besides the elites do this. Do you think this is fair?

Yes, I understand my 59 will be a 60 soon but I'm talking about all those others that are as close to 60 as I am having to fight with 50s.

If if took you an hour (even with a few sub level players) to complete that red alert, you might want to look at your own build rather than point the finger at others...
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I don't care for the 10 people in Borg either because if I'm doing one of those it's for the sake of tiering up a ship and they're just taking the XP LOL

Regarding the OP, I don't get it either; why would the levels not be 50-55 and 55-60 rather than 50-59 and 60?
  • Options
    ankylonankylon Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    If it took you so long to complete a red alert, there is really some problems with your builds and/or gaming skills. These are normal difficulty missions and you shouldn't be having difficulty when in a full team, no matter whether they are lv.50 or lv.60.
    If you say you can't solo a Nakuhl red alert, that will be excusable for a fresh lv.60, but there is really no excuse if you can't complete the red alert in a full team.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Salas_Small.png
  • Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Since when has STO ever upscaled/upleveled players at all?
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    I'm with a lot of other posters here. If you're having issues with a Normal RA, then it's on your end, not necessarily JUST on other players. Even lower DPS players can relatively easily solo borg RAs, decent DPS players can easily solo Tholian RAs, and with it the Na'kuhl RAs as well.

If you take an hour to do the Na'kuhl RA, you really should look into your own build and make tweaks there. Honestly this game may want us to team up, but most content is doable (and has been done by a lot of vets) solo.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I never realized anything was unfair in the Nakuhl RA. You kill stuff quick and move on.

In the old Borg RAs, low leveled / tiered players can be found there, yet it did not stop you from mowing the ever living ---- out of the Borg to complete it.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    zorander6zorander6 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Fair? I'd say it's pretty fair, I have yet to fail one and generally only die if I get over confident or someone doesn't back me up. While I can tank for a bit I have to have others doing damage as I don't have the penultimate weapon configuration yet. :)
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    It boggles my mind how anyone would have a problem with this event. Is there some elite version I have yet to play? Maybe my L337 h4x science AoE powers are OP, pls nerf.

Seriously, use Gravity Well, it pretty much fixes all your problems.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    equinox976 wrote: »

If if took you an hour (even with a few sub level players) to complete that red alert, you might want to look at your own build rather than point the finger at others...

Yeah, sorry OP.. but I have to agree with this. A moderately geared 60 could solo this thing in under 10 minutes easily, a 55-60 maybe 20 minutes if you had to retreat and heal. No way this queue took anyone an hour to complete.

I don't mean to dismiss the issue here, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. This is absolute cake walk easy content we're talking about here. You got a bad team, it happens.. just finish it off and move on.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I tried to make a private match (lobby) for me and my friends yesterday. My toon and those of three others were 60. One was level 56 I think. The low lever player could not be invited until he changed to a lvl 60 toon as well.

My thought on the map is that it serves a nice purpose. It’s not XP boost but like a constant event map to grab the awkward kind of marks for reputation.

I also love that it is not time gated so 100 marks (with daily) in like 5 minutes is a fair deal for good players/teams.

Oh and what I love most is that cryptic hides a queue as a RA. It’s my hope that when more peeps see how cool they are they start to queue up more often again.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Umm...can't you end up with level 20 toons in the borg one? I remember ending up in a borg red alert at WAY below level 50 on my first toon and getting the living snot beat out of me as I was there alone. So yeah...no, not unfair. You can easily solos this RA alone with a level 50 toon in less then an hour. Might wanna work on your own damn self before blaming others.

It used to be like that, yes. The Red Alerts were later changed so that they only appear for level 50+.

I had a few of the same experiences as you, being the only 50 in a queue with a bunch of 20's. Those were some good times. :)
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Guys you did see the part about the op running on Elite diffculty right?
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options

That would be a good trick since the Na'khul Red Alert does not have an Elite variant.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The only thing unfair about the Na'kuhl queue-in-disquise is that it pretends to be a "red alert," then forces you to wait in a queue.

I'd make some funny exaggeration here like "I could solo the map faster than wait for the queue to fill," but since I only ran it once per toon to get the accolade I don't actually have any idea how long the wait is now.
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    The only thing unfair about the Na'kuhl queue-in-disquise is that it pretends to be a "red alert," then forces you to wait in a queue.

I'd make some funny exaggeration here like "I could solo the map faster than wait for the queue to fill," but since I only ran it once per toon to get the accolade I don't actually have any idea how long the wait is now.

Aside from this it makes enough sense.

However if you are having drop outs and ineffectual team mates i would top that off to bad luck the few times i have done the "red alert" have been fairly successful besides people occasionally forgetting to attack the distortions.
  • Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    Nothing unfair about it. The ''alert'' is easy enough. Don't understand how it can take someone an hour to do this. I do agree with others that this is not really an alert but rather a pve queue without it being on the list. You need 5 people to start it, its always there, you have 30min cd so no it being in sector space alone and you having to go to it does not make it an alert.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    coldnapalm wrote: »

He said no such thing. Try reading again. If he had said such nonsense, he would already have been lambasted for saying something untrue. Since I have not done that yet...no, he said no such thing. You on the other hand....

Alright, the Nakuhl Red Alerts only come in Normal difficulty, regardless of what setting you choose in your options. If someone is playing on Elite in their options and think this new RA is "unfair" well, that answers a lot of questions already :D
    Post edited by warmaker001b on
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I played this Red Alert once. It was okay. I don't remember if it took 15 or 20 minutes to complete since it was pretty late at night and I was rather sleepy. Red Alerts adds a nice reminder that there is a conflict going on.

I do not plan on playing the Na'khul Red Alert again. It's not bad, but if I am going to queue up for a mission, I'd rather do an advanced mission so that I can get an Elite Mark... unless it has no Elite Mark to give like Crystalline Catastrophe Advanced. Since I took about a 6 month break last year I need to work on Delta, Iconian and Terran reps for all my captains and several of them need to complete the Undine rep as well. Therefore, I am primarily interested in doing queue missions or battlezones that rewards me with the Elite Marks I am looking for.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    The Nakuhl don't play fair, people. Remember that the next time you come across them.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    voiddweller#2714 voiddweller Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Same faces keep saying same things... Well, i'll join, and my point is opposite. It's not fair, and it's harder than other RA's. But it should be, because there is a wide selection of mark rewards. Technically it's a queue, not "normal" RA and there is a tougher queues. The reason why cryptic make it advertise itself, is probably because they want to advertise their new merchandise - ha'kuhl ships and weapons. BUY KEYS AND GET YOUR UBERAWESOMESUPERWEAPONS TODAY! It's all about that.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

Just as fair as ending up with a pile of uber-dps'ers that can vape enemies faster than they spawn. I ended up in one like that, sooo much fun there. NOT.
  • Options
    diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    well can we all agree this is another whine thread about the nakul ques? an that the OP isn't the best to take an hour to do it? doesn't it have a timer anyway?