test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 11.5 Downtime Incoming

Well, it's that time again, where we won't be able to access the Foundry Editor for a while. I just hope that they don't forget to disable the review option until we can go in and fix any problems that may come around as a result.
Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."

Comments

• zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    Noooooo! :(
    Why do I still play and put money into STO?
    The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek
  • gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    What is everyone planning on doing to keep their creative muscles in good practice until the Foundry returns?

Myself, I am likely to go back to Neverwinter Nights (the 14-year old BioWare game--not the Cryptic MMO), and continue work on a Persistent World module that's been an on-again-off-again project of mine for a number of years.
    newstosiggy.png
  • solastriussolastrius Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    This is horrible timing for me, being so heavily invested into the new mission series I've been working on.

What to do... Hmmm, maybe I'll go back and relearn how to play the game again. I haven't seriously Pew-Pew'ed anything on the live server for a while.

I suppose if i get really desperate for something to do, I could *gulp* go outside and see the sunshine?
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    solastrius wrote: »
    I suppose if i get really desperate for something to do, I could *gulp* go outside and see the sunshine?
    Don't be ridonkolus!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • ussjohnbrownussjohnbrown Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Any word on if and what updates to the foundry might we get in the new (sorta) season?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    some new assets, but not much
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kalnok#8354 kalnok Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I love creating foundry missions. Will miss it. I hope they will add new assets, planets, starships, hospitals, roads, Vulcan village, Cardasian city, various villages, starbases ( in space and land), etc.
    I'm still waiting for custom, indoor ground-maps...
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Generally you don't look to these kinds of downtimes as opportunities for large overhauls or asset binges (though we are getting a few things this time). That still requires dev time and while the foundry is down (presumably to help with season-launch server loads) that's not any less in demand. :)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • klingotklingot Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    can someone explain why on the holodeck all the years of trainig my officers has been lost and regressed to just the default settings all over again the credits i spent on training is lost the time hours and hours just gone, its hard enough doing all of that with one hand due to my paralysis, but each individual deck officer i had finally gotten to my perfect likeing why would they do that i have been playing since the day years ago i found the game on a del taco cup! i said yippeee! i was born in 1964 and watched the show since i was old enough to get it? i was so stoked when a game came out that my kids would not want to take over on my computer! now i have to start over again with training all of my deck officers? please help.
    edited April 2016
    1. The gameplay bug report forum is over here (if this is a technical problem). :)
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/categories/gameplay-bug-reports

2. (in case it isn't) bridge officer skill system was revamped several seasons ago. Linked below is the original blog. :)
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9052733-bridge-officer-training
    The thing to keep in mind now is that you can freely swap between skills trained since the new system was added (just click to select that power). This doesn't cost any any credits and you don't have to worry how many points you add to each skill (the levels are simply maxed out.)

To train new bridge officer skills you use a new item type: manuals which correspond to a given skill. Once you have the relevant manual just visit the officer skill page and select to train. To get these manuals you can visit the old skill trainers, craft them yourself (some unlocked via captain skills, which has just been revamped too. Make sure you choose your skill progression unlocks at the bottom of the skill page, for ground skills you have to choose which you want to be able to train), or check the exchange. There are also some new officer skills available from a few missions and seasonal events.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    Some missions are already back up in the foundry. Looks like we might not have such a long down time this update.
    Why do I still play and put money into STO?
    The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek
    GOOD! My urge to try new things is tingling.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    zionus0 wrote: »
    Some missions are already back up in the foundry. Looks like we might not have such a long down time this update.

And it looks like they remembered to turn off the review option this time. That should give us some time to test our stuff out to find anything game-breaking.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

• rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
    I was all but ready to spell check my forth episode in my series. eugh... Hoping for some ToS themed stuff, at least stuff that could be used as such.
    You ever tried making a TOS series... hard to keep things original... pun intended.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    The "Heatwaves Effect" seems to be way stronger now, to the point of whiting out the screen. Not sure I like that.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    I want more fx, variants of the disabled or static so that you loose specific property's.
    Shooting objects would be brilliant too.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • ktonof1aqktonof1aq Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Cold....so cold. *shakes* Turn it on. Turn it on. I don't need much. Just...please...maybe just a little bit? Foundry. I need...foundry. *scratches neck*
  • efieser9efieser9 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Anyone know at all a sort of time when it will be back open? I don't think I'll last much longer with the stress of not knowing when it coming back. :(
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    efieser9 wrote: »
    Anyone know at all a sort of time when it will be back open? I don't think I'll last much longer with the stress of not knowing when it coming back. :(
    how about this evening, like, right now

• efieser9efieser9 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    castsbugc wrote: »

:o:o:o:o
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    castsbugc wrote: »

Yep, the editor is back open and reviews are back on. Be sure to check your missions and make sure they are still in working order.
    He I just noticed and came her to mention it. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    A big thanks to the Dev-Team for their timely work on reinstating the foundry!

I can't speak for others, but I was pleasantly surprised by the speed of your efforts this time around.
    On top of that, nothing seems to have been broken so far. Much appreciation for being able to express
    stories and ideas with the foundry once again.
    edited April 2016
    solastrius wrote: »
    A big thanks to the Dev-Team for their timely work on reinstating the foundry!

I can't speak for others, but I was pleasantly surprised by the speed of your efforts this time around.
    On top of that, nothing seems to have been broken so far. Much appreciation for being able to express
    stories and ideas with the foundry once again.

The exterior map: moon clearing (I believe) has had some of the large rocks on the base-map moved (or added?). And this did require significant structural adjustments to one of my missions.

I haven't seen something break yet (ie. crash) but authors still want to be on the look-out for progression problems, even with the smooth transition up from downtime.
    I havn't noticed any added content, but question... how long has the Omega Molecule been there? Could have used that more than once lol
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I havn't noticed any added content, but question... how long has the Omega Molecule been there? Could have used that more than once lol
    They have been in for a bit, since the last omega event actually... we got the new khitomer map, and the opening doors from that (yay opening doors that are large sized) and we should have the mirror odyssey outfits too
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I can confirm that the Mirror Odyssey Outfits are there as well.

Now, what I would like to see on the STO Wiki is a color guide for the new Mirror Outfits. I was messing around with the pieces last night trying to match the colors up with some of the NPCs that are in-game.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

I'm still sour at the little TOS content. No ENT content and have you noticed there is no content from the movies, they are allowed the ships and uniforms but not the props or maps?
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    edited April 2016
    I'm still sour at the little TOS content. No ENT content and have you noticed there is no content from the movies, they are allowed the ships and uniforms but not the props or maps?

It's a matter of having those built. There's quite a lot of TOS props in the foundry but that's because a few missions and a ship interior utilized that era. We only have a couple uniforms and ships from ENT because that's all that's been added to the c-store.

If we get more ENT or TOS themed content in the next stage of the temporal cold war then there's a reasonably good chance some of that stuff may make it to the foundry. But unless that happens we likely won't see elaborate period-specific assets (which requires time and effort) created just for the foundry.