test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 11.5 Downtime Incoming

2»

Comments

• castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I'm still sour at the little TOS content. No ENT content and have you noticed there is no content from the movies, they are allowed the ships and uniforms but not the props or maps?

It's a matter of having those built. There's quite a lot of TOS props in the foundry but that's because a few missions and a ship interior utilized that era. We only have a couple uniforms and ships from ENT because that's all that's been added to the c-store.

If we get more ENT or TOS themed content in the next stage of the temporal cold war then there's a reasonably good chance some of that stuff may make it to the foundry. But unless that happens we likely won't see elaborate period-specific assets (which requires time and effort) created just for the foundry.

This basically, we dont get any specially built things for the Foundry, everything we get is a game asset which means that it shows up somewhere. Basically if its not part of the ongoing storyline we won't likely see it anytime soon. As to the movie era stuff, that gets a little stickier because of the nature of the licenses. TV wise, CBS(who is also the primary digital rights holder) has carte blanche say on what can and cannot be (see also the "I want a Tier TRIBBLE Connie" arguments) BUT Paramount still owns the rights to stuff from the movies. This means more negotiations, more lawyers and more money and time to do anything movie related, which makes it a slow crawl if at all. It would be great if it was a one stop shop but thanks to Viacom thats not happening.
  • rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
    Yeah I know why, Doesn't mean I can't complain like every other person on the internet. lol
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    solastrius wrote: »
    A big thanks to the Dev-Team for their timely work on reinstating the foundry!

I can't speak for others, but I was pleasantly surprised by the speed of your efforts this time around.
    On top of that, nothing seems to have been broken so far. Much appreciation for being able to express
    stories and ideas with the foundry once again.

The exterior map: moon clearing (I believe) has had some of the large rocks on the base-map moved (or added?). And this did require significant structural adjustments to one of my missions.

I haven't seen something break yet (ie. crash) but authors still want to be on the look-out for progression problems, even with the smooth transition up from downtime.

yeah, I've seen some drastic changes in the past. :/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg