test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Diplomatic Fallout

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Word has it that Vosk’s forces operate from a very well-hidden starbase or station somewhere. Some say it's outside normal space.. outside the timeline.

Check out our latest fiction blog by Content Writer Paul Reed!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Vosk's forces, striking from a hidden base, have won the first victory against the evil temporal empire?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Where's my T-7 Connie when I need it?
    <snicker>
    Time to 'let slip the dogs of war' and rout out these "Time Bandits"...

39d5d6a59f02acb73964b1e3892231f6.jpg
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    And in place of an actual mission we get? ....more reading material :/

When will you guys finally get around to changing your stale content, the last mission is so old its got mold on one end and duust coming out of the other.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Is "duust" anything like 'snuuf'?
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    daveyny wrote: »
    B)

Nah mate ya put snuff up yer nose, then sneeze like a made man after lol

• Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    B)
    (sorry, I thought you've found it in the blog text itself...)
    I'm pretty sure there were "triminals" in there just half an hour ago... Obviously using trilithium in a trifecta of treason, treachery and treknobabble... Or maybe it's just me being sleepy and having poor eyesight...
  • Options
    aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    New Khitomer is in the gamma quadrant?

do I smell gamma quarant map?
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    So Ben's gonna help us raid a Na'khul extratemporal base. I like it, I like it a lot.

So the Na'khul went on to become integrated into the Galaxy at large. Most or law abiding citizens in a diaspora, while Vosk leads a Na'khul Supremacist paramilitary terrorist organization, while there are seven mafia style families that maintain a criminal empire. Cool. Nice to know they diversified their portfolio.

New Khitomer is in the Gamma Quadrant. I'm surprised at that. Hard to get good Raktajino out there. I look little details like that.

And the stakes form. This explains why Vosk hid in Earth's past and an alternate one at that. Looks like we're going to chase him there by blowing up his outside of time home.

When will you guys finally get around to changing your stale content, the last mission is so old its got mold on one end and duust coming out of the other.

Plainly this is set up for an incoming mission. And if they put this much text even with voice acting into a mission people would whine about that too. To say nothing of the cost. This is something that doesn't revolve around us nor our presence, thus we get a story blog. Which is fine, as long as like I said, we get to hit the base.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    That's a terrifically tenacious and thoroughly thought out tale of triumph and tension.

This testimony touts the need for a tempting and well timed thrust toward those treacherous time-terrorists.

Thus, things will be taken to a totally topical and typical STO-Federation termination.

158?cb=20131207032941
  • Options
    aliguana wrote: »

Hmm... Together with all the hints that something very big is planned, that recruitment event may or may not be back and the Dominion still being largely untapped in the storyline... This actually makes sense. Too much sense, so probably that's not it. :)

• Options
    crazytank1crazytank1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User

Maybe, or someone made a mistake. Or really wanted to include the Wormhole. Either way we shouldn't count on a Gamma Quadrant map any time soon, there's still too much to get done on the story they're starting now.

Well, unless they back peddle, wrap up the time travel stuff in the next 2-3 missions, and decided to give everyone what they were asking for from the start of this "exploration" storyline.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    ;) You get the award for most creative use of the letter 'T'
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    That's a terrifically tenacious and thoroughly thought out tale of triumph and tension.

This testimony touts the need for a tempting and well timed thrust toward those treacherous time-terrorists.

Thus, things will be taken to a totally topical and typical STO-Federation termination.

158?cb=20131207032941
    I had to forcibly stop myself from finding other tr-words after writing that. But... it's... it's infectious... I'm inundated with ideas now. It is imperative to investigate this idiosyncrasity before it's irreversible!
  • Options
    captaind3 wrote: »
    So Ben's gonna help us raid a Na'khul extratemporal base. I like it, I like it a lot.

So the Na'khul went on to become integrated into the Galaxy at large. Most or law abiding citizens in a diaspora, while Vosk leads a Na'khul Supremacist paramilitary terrorist organization, while there are seven mafia style families that maintain a criminal empire. Cool. Nice to know they diversified their portfolio.

New Khitomer is in the Gamma Quadrant. I'm surprised at that. Hard to get good Raktajino out there. I look little details like that.

And the stakes form. This explains why Vosk hid in Earth's past and an alternate one at that. Looks like we're going to chase him there by blowing up his outside of time home.

Plainly this is set up for an incoming mission. And if they put this much text even with voice acting into a mission people would whine about that too. To say nothing of the cost. This is something that doesn't revolve around us nor our presence, thus we get a story blog. Which is fine, as long as like I said, we get to hit the base.

Bored players find new games , so yes it kinda does revolve around the players , if they are not trying to keep players entertained those players will look elsewhere, me im on neverwinter while i wait for a new Ep to drop on STO.

Cause when i log into STO im done in about 5 minutes cause there is simply nothing to do.
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    So, New Khitomer's in the GQ. Not sure if Time and Tide mentions its location or not -- I'll have to look into that.

Will we see Nereda and Drij working together with the player @ some point as support characters like Cap. Walker does? :smile:
    Hoping to see how Drij will try to track Vosk down.

About the Na'kuhl:
    It's good to see that the radical groups are in the minority, having to rely on organized crime (Seven Families) to keep their operations going. This tells me that most of the Na'kuhl eventually made (at least a tenuous) peace with the Federation and they found a new home.

About Vosk's hidden base...

We know that Tuterian tech is based on Solanae technology. The tech that was able to hide entire bases in pockets of subspace (mission: Sphere of Influence). Vosk's base may be another example of that. Or maybe Tuterian-Solanae hybrid tech meshed together with Krenim temporal technology?

And a Breen and a Klingon engaged in a shooting contest! Brilliant! XD

Exciting :smile:
    Post edited by kelettes on
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User

YUP ^

• Options
    yeswecantyeswecant Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Guys?
    Any idea where I can find the older fictions? The stories ain't half bad and I haven't read them all, would love to look up the older ones as well
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Doom much????

I like the blogs, I like the lore it gives, I like that it tells me what else is going on so I can get a sense of the overall lore/universe... but hey.... that's just me, right!?

I might be able to get a new thread started with all the lore blogs linked on it @yeswecant.... look out for it with-in the next few hours... I'll also link you to it so you can see it...
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Interesting view on what's up with the Beta/Alpha Quadrant's domestic situation in the time period. I think I see where we're blowing up next.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User

I noticed that too, sweet! Maybe they can re-do some of the mission gamma episode to accommodate it if they give us a gamma map...

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    There is now "diplomatic Fallout" in this story. In fact, there is nothing diplomatic about this story. The Title does not fit the story.

That being said, the clues present here about where New Khitomer is, and where Vosk might be, and even how the Na'kuhl are getting on in the galaxy were all quit interesting. Should be interesting if the next mission has us working with Drij and going after Vosk's Supremist group somewhere outside of normal space and time.

I just hope the writing continues to be at least as good in game as it is in these stories.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited March 2016

158?cb=20131207032941

T for Termination
    Coming to a cinema near you.

@Topic
    This is nice and all but I would like to have our monthly new episode rythm back now, please. I actually liked that.

And as for diplomatic fallout...where's the one about the Tholians openly attempting genocide against the Na'kuhl?
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    another very enjoyable read, with plenty of meat on the bone. for me, some parts of the story stood out more than others....

"Word is that Vosk and his cronies have some secret project in the works that goes through latinum like gagh through a targ.”

great little piece of dialogue :smiley:
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I do not think the new Khitomer is in the gamma quadrant, am guessing go through a transwarp gate is what she talking about.
    I wish they would make the game story good as this blogs.
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Getting tired of this RP stuff...can we call it "RP ONLINE" jellyfish-23.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    alikain wrote: »
    I do not think the new Khitomer is in the gamma quadrant, am guessing go through a transwarp gate is what she talking about.
    I wish they would make the game story good as this blogs.
    “My first time through the wormhole, actually. Breathtaking view, though my stomach wasn’t as fond of it as my eyes were.”

transwarp conduits are NOT wormholes; they may function in similar manners, but when one refers to a wormhole, they are referring specifically to that - a wormhole, not a transwarp gate​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    akaar2akaar2 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    if only this could be played out in the game...(BIG SIGH). On a different note so glad STO supports IDIC
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User

Actually....I doubt it.

New Khitomer is in the Gamma Quadrant.... three hundred years in the future.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"