test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You know something big is coming very soon..

... when Cryptic/PWE go quiet for a week :D
LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!

Comments

• Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Trendy is gearing up for the 11.5 Launch I'm sure.
  • Options
    banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    Hold on to your butts, everybody...

For this is the prelude to... DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! ;)
    Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    giphy.gif
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    ... How many of Cryptic's folks are parents of school-aged kids? I'm guessing a bunch of folks were off on well-earned spring-break vacations.
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    50083397.jpg
  • Options
    That's what she said.

You know it had to be done...
  • Options
    forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Announcement of the next expansion is coming. I mean 11.5 shouldn't be that big of deal. Major, but not for going silent for so long.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    You mean when they do something they have DONE many times before? 11.5 is coming...if you're expecting something huge besides maybe some new ships...well I wouldn't get my hopes up.
  • Options
    lianthelia wrote: »
    You mean when they do something they have DONE many times before? 11.5 is coming...if you're expecting something huge besides maybe some new ships...well I wouldn't get my hopes up.

You shut your mouth. It could be a lockbox.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Or not. It's happened on plenty of occasions that we didn't hear anything for a week.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    aliguana wrote: »

One week...it's been quiet since DR launched and the tons of peeps left this MMO. Except for the measly winter event and crummy anniversary grind there has been NOTHING going on since then. Unless you called a Skill revamp a whole next expansion worth?. Activity here overall has been deader since DR launched and still this MMO has not risen even with the Iconian wars...that should have been re-tagged as a "skirmish" rather than a war bear-2.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    storules wrote: »
    Iconian wars...that should have been re-tagged as a "skirmish" rather than a war​​

The war was in the story line. With people of every level running around, having random Iconian attacks in sector space doesn't really make sense, especially when you got fresh players who aren't far enough in the story to know what's going on. The Borg attacks make some sense because its the Borg. They like to appear at random.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The Borg attacks make some sense because its the Borg. They like to appear at random.

Kinda like the doomsayers.

Back on topic though, we know what's coming but just not when exactly. We're getting update blogs, livestreams, heavy communication on the test server and last week we also got one of those story blogs, let alone twitter, reddit, etc. So all in all they're everything but silent now.
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The Borg attacks make some sense because its the Borg. They like to appear at random.

We're getting update blogs, livestreams, heavy communication on the test server and last week we also got one of those story blogs...

I have to agree, Crytpic is pretty much on the ball in regard to communication compared to passed efforts, I'm happy :)

tumblr_nkgwmjCMlU1sx3znro1_500.gif
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    If you think we're being silent, you haven't been listening. ;)

http://www.subnova.com/sto/devtracker/

Granted, most of that is Test Server conversations. But it's only part of the conversations we're taking part in with the community across multiple sites.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

Granted, most of that is Test Server conversations. But it's only part of the conversations we're taking part in with the community across multiple sites.

You know, they should really add that link as part of the welcome message at the top of the forums, since we don't have an official dev tracker anymore. @pwlaughingtrendy

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options

I think you guys are being more than generous Bort. (And I'm no 'white knight' by any means.)

Even on the test server side of things you (and you guys) have been very good at giving/receiving/responding to feedback.

That's my suckup post for the year done.

Look forward to more whining and complaints (from me) :D
  • Options

You know, they should really add that link as part of the welcome message at the top of the forums, since we don't have an official dev tracker anymore. @pwlaughingtrendy

Seconded!

Makes sense to keep peep's up to speed with a sticky on one of the most popular forums :)
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User

since we don't have an official dev tracker yet
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Speaking of things we don't have yet: When will our Lifetime/Veteran titles ever return?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    aliguana wrote: »

One week...it's been quiet since DR launched and the tons of peeps left this MMO. Except for the measly winter event and crummy anniversary grind there has been NOTHING going on since then. Unless you called a Skill revamp a whole next expansion worth?. Activity here overall has been deader since DR launched and still this MMO has not risen even with the Iconian wars...that should have been re-tagged as a "skirmish" rather than a war bear-2.gif
    If THIS is what you call "quiet", I'd love to see what a noisy MMORPG looks like.​​
  • Options
    electrumleopardelectrumleopard Member Posts: 88 Arc User

since we don't have an official dev tracker yet

How is that coming along? Or you guys satisfied with your unofficial one?
  • Options
    alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    equinox976 wrote: »
    You shut your mouth. It could be a lockbox.
    Unlikely. Lock Boxes have initial release periods of about 2.5-3 months. The current Lock Box (Mirror Incursion) was released in late January/early February, which means it's only been out for about 1.5 months. The next Lock Box will more than likely be released alongside Season 11.5, much like how the Year of Hell Lock Box was released at the same time as Season 10.5 and the Herald Lock Box with Season 11.

With that being said, I would guesstimate that Season 11.5 and, by extension, the next Lock Box, will drop around mid-April at the earliest, early May at the latest. Then in early June we'll get the Summer Event with a brand-new T6 ship, for which I'm excited. I have to say, I enjoy the Summer Event much more than I do the Winter Event. Maybe it has something to do with the Risian atmosphere, the (delightful) lack of Q, or the longer duration of the event? Possibly a combination of the three?

• Options
    aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    the OP was supposed to be light hearted btw, not to cause offence to Cryptic staff (who should be too busy to read it anyway lol) :)
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Hm, the biggest I could think of would be another expansion. Legacy of Romulus was in May 2013, Delta Rising was in October 2014. One and a half year later would be indeed late spring or early summer this year again.

Still I’m somewhat skeptical if we get such a thing and, after Delta Rising, if I even want such a thing.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Hm, the biggest I could think of would be another expansion. Legacy of Romulus was in May 2013, Delta Rising was in October 2014. One and a half year later would be indeed late spring or early summer this year again.

Still I’m somewhat skeptical if we get such a thing and, after Delta Rising, if I even want such a thing.

Perhaps Star Trek 2.0? A "expansion" with total focus on stability and bugs to make the game flow better :)

21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    apulse wrote: »

Perhaps Star Trek 2.0? A "expansion" with total focus on stability and bugs to make the game flow better :)

Would buy a stability pack in a flash! :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    apulse wrote: »

Would buy a stability pack in a flash! :)

me too, but feels a bit far fetched :)
    Anyway, A new exapansion might be on the horizont, we know that the game has had problems with new players and the playerbase is pretty much Status Quo. Hopefully they will make a new expansion that will make the game look better for new players.

On another hand, Cryptic/PWE might have scaled down the STO team also since Delta Rising and put more focus on Neverwinter, I believe that Neverwinter is 100%-150% bigger then STO in terms of playerbase.

21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Yes but STO will always have a very stable customer base because of the IP.... with some dedication they can make it grow which is I think the point of recent skill revamps and such. I expect big things this fall given their recent coments, a new expansion at the least.

Although I wouldn't say no to a complete rebuild on a new game engine. Eventually they will have to do this if they want to continue. This could also turn it into a AAA MMORPG unmatched in the science fiction genre. We are pretty close now as far as space combat goes I know they could do it. ;)

Hell if I had the money I would buy Cryptic and fund it all personally.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I still want to know what the BIG Secret Project that They have been working on for two years now is...
    (the one Dan Stahl is supposedly in charge of)

I'm hoping it's something Star Trek related at least and would like to think it has something to do with the 50th Anniversary coming up.
    (dreaming big gets me through each day)

813686513bb0ea580e9891fc15ec7678.jpg

STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif