test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

JavaScript Fatal Error

When I try to boot up the game, I don't even get IN to the game, just the launcher. A few seconds after the Launcher starts, it crashes, telling me:

Fatal Error: JavaScript exception: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ,

and it crashes and boots me out.

Has anyone else had this? Any advice? The game was working fine yesterday, now I can't even get to the launcher.

Comments

• christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I just loaded the launcher and got this error too.
    Any help would be nice.
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • ninzombie14ninzombie14 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Same here, came home from work, launcher "updates" - javascript error, unable to log in or play...
  • pulverizorepulverizore Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Having the same issue. Worked fine yesterday, haven't made any changes.
  • kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    Well, at the very least, bypassing Arc by going to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online_en

and running StarTrekOnline.exe directly got the launcher to work. This time at least. Not sure if it'll work again or via Arc, and I'm not wasting this chance until after I've done my daily event runs.
  • farmerforeverfarmerforever Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same here and I ran Arc Repair also thats posted under Perfectworld as suggested and still dont help...hope they get it fixed soon.
  • ninzombie14ninzombie14 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    kianazero wrote: »
    Well, at the very least, bypassing Arc by going to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online_en

and running StarTrekOnline.exe directly got the launcher to work. This time at least. Not sure if it'll work again or via Arc, and I'm not wasting this chance until after I've done my daily event runs.

This worked - thanks mate...
    That worked for me also but what a long way to get into game...thank you for info...hope they get this fixed soon
  • nicholai1806nicholai1806 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Exactly the same issue here just now when launching STO through Arc. When I launched it just now, it did a small launcher update (20mb?) before opening the 'engage' window which now contains the patch message (didn't show it about an hour ago)...bypassing Arc does work, however, I hope this is fixed soon.
  • beritpandionberitpandion Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    Add another to the list. They did something to Arc or the server.
  • alkorahil#4022 alkorahil Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    same issue here
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    Add another to the list. They did something to Arc or the server.

I would think Arc, Since bypassing it seems to "fix" the issue (or at least lets you play the game).

Add one more to the list. Same as others, tried to log on using arc at around 4pm Pacific and get a Javascript error. As stated above using the STO launcher directly and bypassing the Arc client seems to allow access to the game.
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    It is my understanding that this issue has been resolved now.
  • beritpandionberitpandion Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    It is my understanding that this issue has been resolved now.

I can confirm. I just tested and it appears working now. Thank you for the prompt and quick fix. :)
  • dwwolfedwwolfe Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    @crypticspartan I have to disagree at least somewhat with when you post appeared and when I experienced my issue. This is now approximately 30 minutes after your post, and I have just had to go through everything described above to get into the launcher. Mine actually showed it getting either 2 or 3 updates on the launcher, all about 30 megs in size.

Care to weigh in on this?

as a P.S. The error at least generated a script where I could report the 3 times it happened before I finally said enough and called it a day trying to get in to do my last 6 runs on Breach event, so half my toons are now going to be a day behind on trying to complete the event through no fault of my own
    Too many characters to list but still adding more.......The addiction to this game is real
    Thak You @crypticspartan for the fast response to this issue...i hope everyone elses is fixed also..
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    dwwolfe wrote: »
    @crypticspartan I have to disagree at least somewhat with when you post appeared and when I experienced my issue. This is now approximately 30 minutes after your post, and I have just had to go through everything described above to get into the launcher. Mine actually showed it getting either 2 or 3 updates on the launcher, all about 30 megs in size.

Care to weigh in on this?

as a P.S. The error at least generated a script where I could report the 3 times it happened before I finally said enough and called it a day trying to get in to do my last 6 runs on Breach event, so half my toons are now going to be a day behind on trying to complete the event through no fault of my own

To clarify - you are still unable to log in via Arc?