test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Crash..typical

nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
And servers are down. Should have figured.
1Wlp6QH.gif

Comments

• Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Funny how everyone is always saying they servers go down all the time, and yet I hardly ever have issues. Granted, tonights downtime is a definite server down, but come on guys, they are not down that often.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Funny how everyone is always saying they servers go down all the time, and yet I hardly ever have issues. Granted, tonights downtime is a definite server down, but come on guys, they are not down that often.​​
    what game have you been playing ?? for the past 5 yrs at least this game is Plagued with server issues , any time there any sort of strain during a event like this there is some sort of server crash and login issue due to it .

• Options
    They are down quite a bit. If they are not down, they are are being DDOS attacked. Never ending with their servers. Been this way for 5 years.
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I agree this is unusual. And all the dev's are asleep... poor fellas have a bad morning ahead.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User

They are down every week in one region or another.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    quepan wrote: »
    what game have you been playing ?? for the past 5 yrs at least this game is Plagued with server issues , any time there any sort of strain during a event like this there is some sort of server crash and login issue due to it .

^ Yes. Another issue is the single server setup and sharing their equipment with Neverwinter as well.
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User

Are you for real? Or a bot that is programmed to post this TRIBBLE?
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User

anecdotal logical fallacy, I don't experience it so it must not happen.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    They are down every week in one region or another.

Often on Thursday mornings for some reason.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    Well you know what they say. Ya gotta get up to get down.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Yep, right in the middle of a CSA. Thx a lot, Cryptic.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    meimeitoo wrote: »

halfway through Breach and... :grimace:
    Come on Cryptic I have 7 runs to do before taking my cat to the vet!

Guess I should have figured something was wrong since there was no Breach Advanced on the list.
  • Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    SNR and then I can't connect to the server. Well I was just doing doffing and admiralty.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • Options
    eltecheltech Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    According to Twitter, there was a "network update" scheduled for this time, for approx. 10 minutes...​​
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Servers are indeed down.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User

halfway through Breach and... :grimace:
    Come on Cryptic I have 7 runs to do before taking my cat to the vet!

Guess I should have figured something was wrong since there was no Breach Advanced on the list.

Halfway? You got lucky. Mine was almost done, we were right about to start killing the subpower core. :cry:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    spectrusregentspectrusregent Member Posts: 18 Arc User

Must be nice living in a perpetual dream state.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    eltech wrote: »
    According to Twitter, there was a "network update" scheduled for this time, for approx. 10 minutes...​​
    Wasn't any message on my launcher. TRIBBLE Twitter, not everyone is a freaking social media addict, Cryptic! You have your OWN ways to contact your customers...USE THEM!
  • Options
    knightnbluknightnblu Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    And once again the servers are down. I thought that the migration to the new servers was supposed to fix this? Guess I was wrong.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    eltech wrote: »
    Wasn't any message on my launcher. TRIBBLE Twitter, not everyone is a freaking social media addict, Cryptic! You have your OWN ways to contact your customers...USE THEM!

They really need to communicate here, on these forums. And don't give me "Boo-hoo, the players are so mean to us, we rather post elsewhere." That is just BS. *THIS* is the official Star Trek forum. I want to read it here first. And no, I can't be bothered tracking people's spread-out Twitter accounts, or various reddit threads. I shouldn't have to go search for such info: it should be brought to us, instead.

As far as I'm concerned, if it ain't posted here, and there's no message on my launcher, it didn't happen.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    iceeaglex wrote: »
    Funny how everyone is always saying they servers go down all the time, and yet I hardly ever have issues. Granted, tonights downtime is a definite server down, but come on guys, they are not down that often.

Are you for real? Or a bot that is programmed to post this TRIBBLE?

Nope not a bot.
    huskerklg wrote: »
    Funny how everyone is always saying they servers go down all the time, and yet I hardly ever have issues. Granted, tonights downtime is a definite server down, but come on guys, they are not down that often.

anecdotal logical fallacy, I don't experience it so it must not happen.

Actually, being it is always being blamed on the server itself, if I am not experiencing it, then the common shared gear (server) cannot be the big issue. Therefore, logically, it must be some other piece of gear that is causing your issues that I am not using. In other words, when the server is not down (not a red light on launcher) then it must be something in your linkage to said server causing the issue.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    What he said ^^
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    They really need to communicate here, on these forums.

Trendy's second to last message on twitter's "I'm about to throw a chair right now." I'm not sure what would be gained by posting it on the forums. (Her last message was "This is not OK.")
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    Same old S__t just a different day,,,,,
  • Options
    lonestar1017lonestar1017 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    This happened last night around 11pm cst. At the end of Breech. Any customer service Cryptic? Extend the event or comp us for lost rewards this is your issue why make your customers suffer.
  • Options
    This happened last night around 11pm cst. At the end of Breech. Any customer service Cryptic? Extend the event or comp us for lost rewards this is your issue why make your customers suffer.

I'd settle for an account-wide unlock on all the event rewards. ;)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2016

That isn't enough, I need the two event's that I did on my two characters today, but were thrown out of due to their server issues, credited to them.

I don't want to do them again....
    dalolorn wrote: »

That would be preferable, but I doubt it would happen.

I'd settle for an account unlock on the trade card right now, stuff the Dilithium... ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    gb3gb3 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    this must be the works of a strict but fair god!
  • Options
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    dalolorn wrote: »

That would be preferable, but I doubt it would happen.

I'd settle for an account unlock on the trade card right now, stuff the Dilithium... ;)

No, no, I meant all of the events' special items (except the ones you had never unlocked on any character, I suppose). The card, the AP torpedo, the shotgun... getting account-wide dilithium and mark boxes would be asking for too much.