test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Into the Breach / Revamped???

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Thing is, Unrefined Dilithium very rapidly becomes as good as meaningless, as its refinement is gated. At 8k per day, it will take me 375 days to cash in on it. So, yeah, yawn.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Thing is, Unrefined Dilithium very rapidly becomes as good as meaningless, as its refinement is gated. At 8k per day, it will take me 375 days to cash in on it. So, yeah, yawn.

It always baffles me reading about some people who say they have so much dilithium they probably can't even refine it in the games' lifetime. You must have grinded the hell out of the content like a maniac pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    angrytarg wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »

It always baffles me reading about some people who say they have so much dilithium they probably can't even refine it in the games' lifetime. You must have grinded the hell out of the content like a maniac pig-2.gif​​

Why, a little over a year's worth of it, yeah. :) And I never go out to grind for just Dilithium (on alts and such). It just adds up, is all. And swiftly to a number where even more Unrefined quantities of it are kinda meaningless.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    deokkent wrote: »
    People are still getting lost after the revamp. There is no hope for humanity rofl.

Yes.

In fact, I've noticed the arrows that guide you into the mothership room from the hangar don't get turned off in the end, so now someone always goes back in that way instead of out the escape hole because it comes up first, and gets stuck in the ship when it blows. Fortunately, that's just an optional.

Sometimes more than one.

its not so much the arrows for me its speed that's the problem, go quick enough to beat the timer and i get snagged up and cant get free in time, go slow enough so i don't get snagged and theres not enough time to get to the exit.
    I just cant find that optimal speed to allow me to get out in time without getting stuck.

Have you tried flying with mouse control? Hold both mouse buttons down to steer with mouse, it's significantly more precise maneuvering at speed.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Ill do it on my main char because he collects everything, but no +1's for this event.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    deokkent wrote: »
    People are still getting lost after the revamp. There is no hope for humanity rofl.

Yes.

In fact, I've noticed the arrows that guide you into the mothership room from the hangar don't get turned off in the end, so now someone always goes back in that way instead of out the escape hole because it comes up first, and gets stuck in the ship when it blows. Fortunately, that's just an optional.

Sometimes more than one.

its not so much the arrows for me its speed that's the problem, go quick enough to beat the timer and i get snagged up and cant get free in time, go slow enough so i don't get snagged and theres not enough time to get to the exit.
    I just cant find that optimal speed to allow me to get out in time without getting stuck.

I don't really understand what you're saying. It's a pretty small room. :) On your mini-map there is a clear white square to the left: that is the side you want to exit on. If I'm still on the side we're coming in, when Core dies, I just fly right 'thru' it (Evasive Maneuvres is your friend). And if I'm already on the good side (yes, it still teleports, after all), good! :P Then I just have to turn around and exit.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Sounds like much of the problem stems from navigational requirements beyond "Park mah Scim and DBB BFAW to profit!"

• Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Sounds like much of the problem stems from navigational requirements beyond "Park mah Scim and DBB BFAW to profit!"

Haha, no. (Not that I'm a big fan of 'FAW to victory', but that really isn't the problem.)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    Also, when doing the trench run, look for a long green cloud. flying in it makes you move faster.

But-but... Flying in weird clouds is bad, right? I've learned the hard way to avoid flying in green clouds... They're supposed to melt my hull and do other bad things, aren't they? And red clouds explode. And blue clouds make my ship go all wobbly. It must be a trick! They're trying to lull me into thinking space clouds are safe and then the next time "Fwoosh!" -- I'm a goner!

I'm onto you, Cryptic! Keep your space clouds away from meeeee!!!
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,349 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    brwjames85 wrote: »
    I don't know if there's allready a similar post about this, but here goes... (Warning: might contain sarcasm)

Revamped Breach, sounded fun... until you try it... the 'attack run' is slightly modified, and they've put waymarkers when you need to leave! WOW, so great!

With the phrase "To improve quality of life, I hoped they'd streamline it a bit... actually, it goes slower then before. I do have 10 playing characters, which I intend to give the event award. BUT: at a rate of 1 run/20mins, and an inbetween bathroom break, it took me about 3.5 hours. Luckily, I have no real life, no job or studying to do, and I can let my place turn into a waste dump...

Man, even the older mirror invasion went faster then this... For the wiseguys here, a full DPS team from the right channels, took 20mins on NORMAL. The problem isn't our builds, or ships, but the lack in pace inbetween mission objectives. The ships move like starter ships on warp 5, it takes forever to move between mission points.

Is there an option to either REALLY improve the mission as promised, or to make it account unlockable, like the winter / summer event ships?

I'm already feeling unlucky with only 10 toons, I can only imagine what others with a multitude of that amount feel like.

Its ironic they advertised it as "revamped". Far from it...a few "minor" graphic design changes but in essence is the same mission as last years and bugged as well. Get rid of the walls or at least make this happen in space rather than in an enclosed environment. Ideally should take less than 5mins to take down bosses but this event is awful and not very well designed. Why attached a rep event to it? I won't be able to do in my alts either...perhaps just one or two. Worst space PVE so far IMO.​​

More than a few minor changes actually. Aside from the obvious the Bulwarks which used to guard the nodes are gone.
    Obviously done to make the STF easier. Once upon a time those Voth Bulwarks were fierce opponents.

The NPC hit points have been adjusted as well.

To keep a long story short, the STF was adjusted. If this was brought back, then this could be one of the few queued missions where science has an advantage over the "BFAW spammers".
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Those commenting on the event being boring/repetative etc make me laugh.

I'll be some of them are the same people who do little but play ISA again and again and again and again.....

Or they have many alts. Or they didn't like the queue to begin with. Or they're sick of the "small carrot on a big stick" slogging. Or some combination of those things.
  • Options
    schmurzifatzschmurzifatz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello,
    if u got Problems turning your ship - try to take a ship with a better turn - sounds stupid but helps a lot. I know thats hard for some builds and many ppl dont have that many ships - but the mission can be more fun then.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I'm trying to figure out why everyone keeps,saying that the exterior run is now slower... Personally, I find it to go faster now, since there are no ships protecting the nodes.

EDIT: fixed a protesting word of protection... 0.o?
    EDIT 2: Oh... and the ships in the interior. What happened to them? They pop as readily as a grape run through a press...
  • Options
    quammenquammen Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I liked the breach before, but the rewards were quiet low. With ~150 marks as reward at advanced it´s enough incentive to play, at least for me. However, skipping one room (Citadel or Subcore) is a good idea. Mission is still time-consuming with HP and shield sponge Voth ships. Citadel isn't really fighting back, it's just a burden to shoot down.
  • Options
    damainxdamainx Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    This is the only event I hated. Tried it once, logged out.
  • Options
    Just tried it on Normal (no TBA was going atm). What can I say?! LOL. Normal should be removed, really; it's so ridiculously easy, it's just pathetic. Even Advanced has become way too easy. Where are the dangerous Bulwarks?! Or the turret groups that could cut you in half when you weren't paying attention?! On Normal, even an accidental BFAW (auto-fire) took out an entire turret group at once; that's just not right. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I've never understood the impression people have that the Voth were tough enemies. I've never experienced this and have played all the Voth content. I would say that the borg have always been toughest with their shield drain and invisible one shot torpedoes. As far as most annoying I give that to undine with their snot and occasional one shots.

I would say that the Vaadwar are probably the most well rounded with their running about combined with occasional heavy hits.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Holy hell that thing is AWFUL. I'm never touching that again, and I don't care what the rewards are.
  • Options
    I've never understood the impression people have that the Voth were tough enemies. I've never experienced this and have played all the Voth content. I would say that the borg have always been toughest with their shield drain and invisible one shot torpedoes.

The Voth Bulwarks aren't 'tough' per se, but simply dangerous. When you're not paying close attention, and they suddenly turn on that Deflection sh*t (which is like a FBP), then you can suddenly find yourself -75% hull, or worse. Especially when you're doing a lot of DPS.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    I guess it is not so bad, just overall time consuming. I do not get lost like I did with the old version, just bump into walls. One of my Science Characters running the Event just switched out of the Paradox to a more nimble Mobius. I had just finished loading it out and went into a Tholian Red Alert to level up the Ship Masteries. I checked the Materies after the Red Alert and ALL FOUR LEVELS were completed thanks to this +150% XP, etc. Week. Now it would seem to be a good time to cycle through ships quickly if you are looking to obtain Masteries (though it was never really a problem).

I may ramp up to maybe three or four characters ftom my current two doing this Event.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I guess it is not so bad, just overall time consuming. I do not get lost like I did with the old version, just bump into walls. One of my Science Characters running the Event just switched out of the Paradox to a more nimble Mobius. I had just finished loading it out and went into a Tholian Red Alert to level up the Ship Masteries. I checked the Materies after the Red Alert and ALL FOUR LEVELS were completed thanks to this +150% XP, etc. Week. Now it would seem to be a good time to cycle through ships quickly if you are looking to obtain Masteries (though it was never really a problem).

I may ramp up to maybe three or four characters ftom my current two doing this Event.

Yeah I'm doing the presidio leveling and got all 5 on one Tholian. Kind of wouldn't do it any other way anymore.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Time consuming for an Event you may want to get a few Characters through. Noting beats the CC Event for alt-friendliness. Yeah, and nothing beats Atmospheric Assault during the Shuttle Event for Marks payout, but that is not the point.

Compare:

These only need one run each per account
    Winter Event Ice Race 3 min x 25 = 75 minutes
    Summer Event Floater Course 5 minutes x 25 = 125 minutes
    Anniversary Event 6 minutes x 15 + 30 minutes = 120 minutes

These require runs per character
    Mirror Incursion Event 18 minutes x 14 = 252 minutes
    Crystalline Catastrophe Event 4 minutes x 14 = 56 minutes
    Breach Event 20 minutes x 14 = 280 minutes
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    They changed something? I couldnt tell. The reward gets full credit for a neat, different idea from the usual rewards but the mission is a bit tedious to do over and over. Ill run a few for marks -> dil but dunno if I can stand to do it daily.
  • Options
    brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    brwjames85 wrote: »
    Luckily, I have no real life, no job or studying to do, and I can let my place turn into a waste dump...

Are you a lottery winner or something? Thanks for the "heads up" on the revamped to even slower instance.

I was being sarcastic... :p
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Time consuming for an Event you may want to get a few Characters through. Noting beats the CC Event for alt-friendliness. Yeah, and nothing beats Atmospheric Assault during the Shuttle Event for Marks payout, but that is not the point.

Compare:

These only need one run each per account
    Winter Event Ice Race 3 min x 25 = 75 minutes
    Summer Event Floater Course 5 minutes x 25 = 125 minutes
    Anniversary Event 6 minutes x 15 + 30 minutes = 120 minutes

These require runs per character
    Mirror Incursion Event 18 minutes x 14 = 252 minutes
    Crystalline Catastrophe Event 4 minutes x 14 = 56 minutes
    Breach Event 20 minutes x 14 = 280 minutes

Exactly my point
  • Options
    tousseau wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out why everyone keeps,saying that the exterior run is now slower... Personally, I find it to go faster now, since there are no ships protecting the nodes.

EDIT: fixed a protesting word of protection... 0.o?
    EDIT 2: Oh... and the ships in the interior. What happened to them? They pop as readily as a grape run through a press...

t's not that the mission as a whole is harder, but the sluggish deplacement rate... my ships at moments in the interior were registering a speed of 60+ impulse, still, it felt like i was standing still...
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »

I'm pretty sure several people have already explained it, but its because now everyone is required to go through the same lane, meaning 1 or 2 people BFAWing everything that comes up and the rest following behind with nothing left to shoot.