What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Galactic Development Campaign

2»

Comments

• Options
    whisperorwhisperor Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    I'd suggest something completelly different for next time. We have plenty of Foundry authors out there, and the Foundry could use some love. Why not give progress for completing the Foundry missions? It could be that only those, which qualify for standard Foundry rewards would count towards it, as we had it with 'Investigate Officer Reports' to avoid people playing some 2 minute grinder.

8ae.gif

• Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    This event is nonsense. I'm still bent over the shenanigans with the stopped progress bar from last time. Until this even is more transparent, it's just whatever bonus they want to give us, and that's that.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    I'd suggest something completelly different for next time. We have plenty of Foundry authors out there, and the Foundry could use some love. Why not give progress for completing the Foundry missions? It could be that only those, which qualify for standard Foundry rewards would count towards it, as we had it with 'Investigate Officer Reports' to avoid people playing some 2 minute grinder.

I wish there was a like button I can use for this post! I would be pressing it until the keyboard breaks.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    qziqza wrote: »
    if miss trendy has moved on, best of luck to her, I'm always happy to see nice people progress away from such places before it sucks them dry, even if that leaving takes away some of the shiny shiny.. and bacon.
    For you & everyone else inquiring about Trendy - Don't panic. Trendy's on vacation this week and she'll be back. :smiley:
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    xscrawlerxxscrawlerx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    carydon wrote: »
    These events are boring and the "rewards" aren't really worth caring about. Did the last one even make it past Tier 2?

Perhaps if some of the social maps, or ANY map really, actually looked like there had been damage from the Iconians players might take more of an interest. Off screen "damage and casualties" just don't cut it.

^This. I actually posted a suggestion concerning this a couple weeks ago, one of the devs told me, that this is not gonna happen.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Some day they will make content that is fun to play with what you have already grinded for and not for another grind between grinds.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Until there is a numerical counter in which we can see that our completing a mission adds to said amount, this even is bullship.

It's not just that - I truly don't believe that the game engine is able to tally up all the donations to fleet projects or completed stfs in and of itself. I am convinced it is manually done. I'm not saying the metrics can't be generated, im saying that there no way for it to be done automagicly - also, I don't know of an easy system that they were able to copypasta to this end.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    pwgegnre wrote: »
    . . . get to the right places and fast . . .

Dude! Your Forum Icon: SUCH "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" I LUVIT!

P.S. We had to read that story in our English class...around the 10th grade or so...1987-ish. Please don't think I'm thinking of any Other incarnation of that story besides "the one we read out loud" in my 10th grade English class. Winky Blinky Wink Wink ;D

Edited For: Great Truth!​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    While seems a good idea not sure how many people actually are or want to play foundry missions ... some of them can be quite hard considering we still meet lots of people with 2k space dps and under 100 ground. The idea is generally good, if implemented correctly can be fun imo.
    It would be great for some kind of numerical progress bar on the tires, i seen lots of dubious stuff regarding that one.

For this event i don't care if its auto or manually set as long as we get tier 2 at least :smiley: i missed the last one and have lots of stuff to do.
  • Options
    zolgearzolgear Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Until there is a numerical counter in which we can see that our completing a mission adds to said amount, this even is bullship.

It's not just that - I truly don't believe that the game engine is able to tally up all the donations to fleet projects or completed stfs in and of itself. I am convinced it is manually done. I'm not saying the metrics can't be generated, im saying that there no way for it to be done automagicly - also, I don't know of an easy system that they were able to copypasta to this end.

I'm not sure why you'd think that they've got someone manually tracking those numbers (with an abacus?) Implementing a server-side counter that increments by one every time any player completes a particular type of mission or performs some other action isn't exactly a heroic coding feat O_o
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    neos472 wrote: »
    i second the motion as well :D

i third the motion
  • Options
    zolgear wrote: »

I'm not sure why you'd think that they've got someone manually tracking those numbers (with an abacus?) Implementing a server-side counter that increments by one every time any player completes a particular type of mission or performs some other action isn't exactly a heroic coding feat O_o

Have you played this game even? lol
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    Reconstructing the galaxy, one plasma torpedo barrage at a time....

jodarkrider's idea sounds good to me, too.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Neat, could take these communal objectives a step further though by setting the requirements to something players don't typically do. Encouraging PVE participation is fine, but what about getting slightly more specific?
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    As was said, that farming happens anyway. The 'event' is nearly to tier 3 already.​​
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Meh.. this event is as exciting as watching grass grow.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Booyah. 150% Bonus XP week!