test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Galactic Development Campaign

pwgegnrepwgegnre Member Posts: 10 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2016 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Join the Galactic Development Campaign! Critical supplies, medicine are materials all need to get to the right places and fast!

We're ready to make it happen - are you?

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    It would be nice if we could have promo events such as these, but for completing ground queues.

ISA and CCA will be played anyway. Additional rewards for completing those are nice and appreciated as I´m sure we can use the skill bonus, but perhaps you could consider using these events to stimulate activity in less populated queues.

Just a suggestion :)
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    I'd suggest something completelly different for next time. We have plenty of Foundry authors out there, and the Foundry could use some love. Why not give progress for completing the Foundry missions? It could be that only those, which qualify for standard Foundry rewards would count towards it, as we had it with 'Investigate Officer Reports' to avoid people playing some 2 minute grinder.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    digitalaarondigitalaaron Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    what do we need to do? PVE?
  • Options
    salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    I'd suggest something completelly different for next time. We have plenty of Foundry authors out there, and the Foundry could use some love. Why not give progress for completing the Foundry missions? It could be that only those, which qualify for standard Foundry rewards would count towards it, as we had it with 'Investigate Officer Reports' to avoid people playing some 2 minute grinder.

i second this motion​​
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    As a somewhat casual player, I have as of yet to benefit in any substantial way from any of these type of events.
    So, meh...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,524 Arc User
    I'd suggest something completely different for next time. We have plenty of Foundry authors out there, and the Foundry could use some love. Why not give progress for completing the Foundry missions? It could be that only those, which qualify for standard Foundry rewards would count towards it, as we had it with 'Investigate Officer Reports' to avoid people playing some 2 minute grinder.

That's a great idea. I keep meaning to start playing foundry missions then get distracted by shiny objects (or Omega particles).

Also, did Trendy leave for a company that offered more bacon? (Arms wide: NoooooOOOOooooOOOOooo ... )
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    I will make sure NOT to log in during that time fish-2.gif >>>No substantial benefits that I can see from previous events like this.

I agree Foundry or even PvPs would be much better off.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    Bonus xp eh? Meh.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    xscrawlerxxscrawlerx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Uhm, i don't quite see the connection between

"Repairing the tremendous damage to the infrastructure of numerous vital star systems will require a dedicated effort. Critical supplies, medicine, and material all need to get to the right places, and fast.
    We’re ready to make it happen – are you?"

and farming CCA and/or ISA. Sounds like "By defeating the Borg 17x, the poor hungry children on XY will get the food they need!"
    Would be nice to have... dunno.. some kind of mission (or even a DOFF-Assignment) that in some way connects to Campaign instead of ... this "event"..
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    So the Borg assimilated the foods and other supplies of those poor outlying colonies?

Anyway, my reaction to seeing this event again:

Yay.......... I guess?
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    i second the motion as well :D

manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I'd rather see another Delta Recruit type of event. THAT was worth doing.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User

Great idea!

But it would be nice if we finally got the search UI fixed for the Foundry so people could actually find missions they like to play as opposed to having to stumble on a limited list (3) in space or the stagnant top 50 that haven't changed in YEARS now. *see sig below*
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Is this an attempt to distract us so you dont have to admit there's no new episode tomorrow? >.>
    I'd rather see another Delta Recruit type of event. THAT was worth doing.

Yup. I still need a KDF-Delta. But anyways, the Delta-event was fun indeed.

• Options
    ktyrrellktyrrell Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    this again?
    Sorry, but somehow it feels like its always the same (or is it simply the same?)
    Why no Missions that have something to do with actual rebuilding? Like delivering supplies (Colonists, Refugees, etc) from one point to another?
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Brilliant idea as you say foundry needs a little love.

+1
    Also, did Trendy leave for a company that offered more bacon? (Arms wide: NoooooOOOOooooOOOOooo ... )

Huh?! did trendy girl leave without telling us good bye? :o

SOMEONE GET THE EMERGENCY BACON RATIONS FAST!!!!
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    if miss trendy has moved on, best of luck to her, I'm always happy to see nice people progress away from such places before it sucks them dry, even if that leaving takes away some of the shiny shiny.. and bacon.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    xscrawlerx wrote: »

"Repairing the tremendous damage to the infrastructure of numerous vital star systems will require a dedicated effort. Critical supplies, medicine, and material all need to get to the right places, and fast.

and farming CCA and/or ISA. Sounds like "By defeating the Borg 17x, the poor hungry children on XY will get the food they need!"
    Would be nice to have... dunno.. some kind of mission (or even a DOFF-Assignment) that in some way connects to Campaign instead of ... this "event"..

The borg and tholians are the reason why there are poor hungry children , maybe?
  • Options
    nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    I appreciate the sentiment of these events, but the structure/execution of them is very uninspiring. We're basically playing pretend here (not that we aren't already) a la "Ok, folks! Pretend you're helping NPCs rebuild the galaxy by doing the queues!" That's definitely not an inspiration to login more often.

What we really need to make this more engaging is a new queue specific to the idea, i.e ACTUALLY doing something humanitarian as the queue goal(s). Short of that, a special DOFF assignment works in it's place. If we can have them specific to WW or the SE, we can certainly have a GDC assignment.
  • Options
    nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User

Agreed. Maybe once they make the foundry more searchable. There's what, 90k+ missions in there? Kind of hard to dig through it all, though the mission database in the forums does help.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    As a somewhat casual player, I have as of yet to benefit in any substantial way from any of these type of events.
    So, meh...

Well, as a casual player, it'd be harder to contribute in any substantial way help everyone, as well as myself, to get the larger XP bonus.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    tmassx wrote: »
    xscrawlerx wrote: »

The borg and tholians are the reason why there are poor hungry children , maybe?

Could be the StarDonald's franchises that's the real reason there are poor, hungry children.... ;)
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    As others have said, it feels like STO is getting long in the tooth if we're always repeating the same "uninspired" grinds. That said, I realize it takes a lot of work (too much for a small team) to always pump out new content.

If I may put forward a suggestion: Why not offer a weekend event where players can choose to complete one "limited time fast-track event" to claim a unique gear reward that is no longer available in the game?

I'm not suggesting that players be able to claim more free ships ... but I'm suggesting a fast-track (i.e., something we can complete in a weekend) event to claim a SINGLE item that was originally only available for a limited time.

For example, maybe you really want to get the Kobali outfit for your character but you missed your chance, now you get a second opportunity to claim that unique uniform. Maybe you had a real-life emergency and you couldn't play STO during the one and only Crystalline Entity event when the Crystalline Energy Torpedo Launcher was available ... now you can.

That kind of event would be "relatively" easy to code since the assets are already in the game ... and I'm sure just about every player wishes they had the chance to claim some unique item that was only available for a limited time.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Pass again as usual. I rather keep on Rep work and doing missions.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    talasivaritalasivari Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Well, it's an abstraction, but a useful one.
    gilion wrote: »
    Is this an attempt to distract us so you dont have to admit there's no new episode tomorrow?

>.>

OOOOOOHHHH, busted. ;)
    Urtlolev of the Andorian Imperial Fleet
  • Options
    carydoncarydon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    These events are boring and the "rewards" aren't really worth caring about. Did the last one even make it past Tier 2?

Perhaps if some of the social maps, or ANY map really, actually looked like there had been damage from the Iconians players might take more of an interest. Off screen "damage and casualties" just don't cut it.
  • Options
    daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    In this game XP is always useful. Its a great chance to finish those new toons and mastery on all the new ships and get the spec points faster. Doing PvE is a new and nice idea imo (compared with the donate to fleet like crazy in a 6-7 days limited time). We already do PvEs and now we only need to do a bit more. I only hope the devs don't go crazy with the requirements like last time, not reaching tier 2 after alot of grind its kinda of a big letdown.
    To keep it short, as long as the requirements are decent having a full week of XP its absolutely great imo. Me and some of my fleet mates can't wait for this. Thank you.
  • Options
    mcscarypantsmcscarypants Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Following several weeks of omega grind and dead(er than usual) PvE queues, I can only imagine that this "event" will be finished before Monday morning.