test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How much have you spent on STO so far...including C store, boxed ships or keys?

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    storules wrote: »
    After seeing all these numbers...I don't feel as guilty as some of those who spent an arm and a leg on this MMO tiger-2.gif​​

I feel always bad about people that write somethnig like: "Oh, I get paid next week, I can buy the new ship bundle!". Do they really make a good decision there? Shouldn't you wait until you have really spare cash before you make such expenditures, instead of seemingly living pay-check to pay-check?
    In the end, it's their money, but it would probably not something I could do. I need to have a bit of a safety cushion.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    No idea, so I just chose an option randomly.

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Why in the world would anyone "pay", when you can run 10 Dil Slave Alts, and rake in about 85k Zen a year ?
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Not a whale (yet)
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Why in the world would anyone "pay", when you can run 10 Dil Slave Alts, and rake in about 85k Zen a year ?

Some combination of "they don't find that fun" and "they have more money than time".
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Thank you all for supporting this game.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Please everyone run the 10 dil slave alts, us with monthly stipens can purchase more dil!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I think about $600, including my LTS, over the past two years. Likely won't be any more, though, since they've decided to renege on their Zen reimbursements for Mac users. Pennywise, pound foolish.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Just curious to see where some of the playerbase stand in terms of spending real money in STO. This is in "$" and just an estimate of where the community is. Please include any C store purchases like Keys, outfits, bank slots and whatever you can recollect.

Thank you

IMHO asking this is a violation of privacy you are gathering data on what players spend and keeping the results to yourself for your own purposes. TRENDY PLEASE CLOSE AND BAN THIS QUERY!
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Just curious to see where some of the playerbase stand in terms of spending real money in STO. This is in "$" and just an estimate of where the community is. Please include any C store purchases like Keys, outfits, bank slots and whatever you can recollect.

Thank you

IMHO asking this is a violation of privacy you are gathering data on what players spend and keeping the results to yourself for your own purposes. TRENDY PLEASE CLOSE AND BAN THIS QUERY!

Chill out Dude...POLLs are allowed. If you don't like polls dont read them. Stop whining tiger-2.gif

IMO polls are the best that keep me coming to forums. I do most of them...also for your own FYI this is a "private" poll and not a public.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Guess...I have bought every ship out there...whale might be fox-15.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

Thank you

@ssbn655

How, exactly, is the OP keeping the results of a *PUBLIC* poll to himself?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User

Thank you

Hold on there slugger, he can't see it either. And if your that upset, don't participate?

Besides he used rages and not specific amounts.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User

Thank you

@ssbn655

How, exactly, is the OP keeping the results of a *PUBLIC* poll to himself?

Right at the bottom of his poll This is a private poll and you cannot see the results.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    @ssbn655 false. You *can* see the results, but you *can't* see who voted for which option. You are very confused.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

Thank you

Asking for data is not a violation of privacy, if one can refuse to answer.

"Private Poll" means that no one can see who voted for what. That includes the creator of the poll.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Sorry but lol at anything 1-5k.

Depends on your income. Some can spend 5K without a second thought. Wish I was one of them! :'(
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    Seems like these two responses, "I purposely DO NOT spend ANY money in this MMO" and "I have spent "0".", amount to the same thing.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    Probably somewhere around 10 thousand from 2010 to now.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    probably near 20k in terms of zen...

...nada, nil, zippo, nothing if you mean in terms of using real money (and thanks to all who trade real money for fake money to trade for magic money I make via expending time^^)​​
  • Options
    x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Using those price brackets I am in the 100-300 range. I also am in that range in Neverwinter. Though with full disclosure I haven't spent anything since 2014. In 2014 Cryptic/PWE did a lot of things that I felt were unfair and devalued my prior purchases among other things that I considered to be unfair business practises. I enjoy their games and I truly appreciate the work they do, but trust has been lost. I know that I can buy thing A and tomorrow they will add thing B and delete thing A. On many occasions I have wanted to support the game more but I still remember the sting of that burn.
  • Options
    wupteedowupteedo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I have a LTS plus I have bought a package or two. However, I would say I have spent more of buying Dilithium for my Starbase Projects than anything else. Wish I would of joined a larger KDF fleet back in the day. However, like a Blue Meth junkie, I have spent a whole lot more on a game that doesn't really exist yet - Star Citizen. High Admiral (plus) over there.
  • Options
    wupteedowupteedo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »
    I want an option that reads "My wife would murder me in my sleep if she knew how much I've spent..."
    Over a few years, small amounts of Zen purchases add up to a very large number, indeed!
    cc43ae22350cc3dcc61bd51bdbf707c9.gif

That kirk gif you have there is hilarious to me. I wonder if old Shat even had any acting school at all? I know he was in old black and white movies before TOS. I'm wondering if it was just the "Good Old Boy" system that got him his spot as Kirk?​​

No, Jack Lord (Hawii-Five-O) had the role as Kirk, but he got greedy (he wanted a percentage and Ricky sent him packing). Image if Jack Lord wasn't so greedy - "Book'em Spock!" On the flip side, if Shatner had gotten Hawii-Five-O, it would of been "Book Him Dan NO!"
  • Options
    atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Around $500 in total (I've been playing since 2013).
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • Options
    mavericku2007mavericku2007 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Having been playing it since day 1 - the DVD was bought for me as a present. Including my LTS have spent between $500 to $1000, (or the equivalent in £'s Stirling), which over 6 years is really nothing. If my small contribution to buying Zen now and again keeps the game going then it is money well spent IMO.
    Might have been playing for 6 years but still am unsure that I play it the way it should be played - but the way I do play it suits me.
    As for how much anyone does spend it is interesting to read how much people do/don't pay to play the game.