test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Flagships - Your Plans for Acquisition

ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
So, I'm trying to decide whether/how to purchase the Tier 6 Flagships now that they're available, but the grind (particularly for the 9 set) seems really daunting (12k Zen at about 340 dil per zen is about 4.1 million dil). Will I open my wallet for the first time since I bought my LTS (on sale) about two years ago??

How to you intend to acquire them (or not!)?

Optional for posting the below: are you planning to buy just one, just one faction bundle, or the whole set of 9??

T6 Flagships - Your Plans for Acquisition 132 votes

Wallet - once again flies open for this game
36%
antonine3258marikaoniki1rangerryues5001baddmoonrizinmustrumridcully0daveynyjeffsteelmandavidp0418reyan01a3001meimeitoonarthaistruewarperseriousdavegoodscotchpeterconnorfirstfeiqaschloopdoomarkhawkman 48 votes
Wallet - opening it for the first time / first time in ages.
9%
orangeitisnyniksixofussmokeybacon90dracounguiskyle223catalexsarrufjexsamxdemogergontheraven2378ultimatenewbiemetusregem 12 votes
Grind - redirect my normal dil farming for Zen to purchase the ship(s)
9%
duncanidaho11toivajonsillsjaymclaughlindrogyn1701imruinedtiriusavarocassiusdiohunteralpha84saber1973asirmaydayzapzapboom 12 votes
Grind - all out dil farming just for this, despairing as you watch the dil-to-zen rate continue to rise
3%
fleetadmiraltacolordsteve1dlmc85flash525starmanj 5 votes
No deal - stuff the Odyssey and anything like it.
41%
ikonn#1068talonxvcoldnapalmturbionberginsshpoksdaboholicmirrorchaoslatiasracerdaniela1055kitsunesnoutdirlettiakyrrokkodachikunohravikseaofsorrowsfarmallmmirai222sinn74drakethewhite 55 votes

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Well if I want stuff and can afford it I simply buy it. STO is my hobby and like all peeps in the world I use parts of my income to spend my free time the way I want.

I do so in reasonable levels, in other words we talk about minor expenses which don’t hurt me a bit and which I would probably spend for s*x, dr*gs and r*ck n’ ro*l otherwise.

"Reasonable" for me in this particular case means that I restrain myself to one ship and not twelve. I could afford all without breaking into sweat but 100 Euro is a bit too much to ask for considering what I would get in return. So 25 bucks it is for my hobby this time.

Please excuse me now, I have to finish work, see my girl in the afternoon and buy a six back for later in the evening when I get home and make the purchase.

Cheers!
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Little wallet and a little grind.

Not sure if i want to bother adding more wallet for the klingon and roumulan ones as much as having some ships that potencially have some half decent engineering admiralty stats are.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I'm not getting the new ships.

Not because I'm unhappy or have any complaints or issues with them.. they just don't appeal to me.

A T6 Odyssey wouldn't be any type of significant change from my T6 Presidio, and when I want to hit as hard as possible, they won't hold pace with my Arbiter or my Eclipse.

On the Romulan side, the T6 Scimitar simply doesn't provide anything substantial over the T5U Scimitar. If I didn't already own the T5U version, then maybe.. but as someone that already has the Scimitar (and docked it in favor of the Morrigu) there isn't enough here to justify 2500-3000 Zen for the 'upgrade.'

My KDF Character is a KDF-Romulan, I don't have any actual Klingons, so obviously the Bort variants don't interest me either.

These ships just simply don't provide anything I want. I don't desire any of the traits either, so I'm happy to just stand pat with the ships I already own.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    You have no option for 'Maybe at some point in the future'. :p

I have no current plans to get it (27 thousand Zen is quite a handful, especially since I never got around to collecting a stash big enough for quasi-spontaneous growth - and you can't say the T5 versions don't have more interesting sets, especially the Scimitars), but... who knows?

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • tiriusavarotiriusavaro Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    I'm quite content with the ships I have at the moment (and which do not include the tier 5 versions of these ships), so likely no direct investment from me. If I do get them later it will likely be largely through dil conversion, I have a lot of it stored, but the exchange rates are not very favorable atm.

There's a bit of a ship overkill these days IMHO - so many options, and so little time.
    Vice Admiral Tirius Avara'o | U.S.S. Mistral (Fleet Star Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Mathrias | U.S.S. Utrecht (Blockade Runner Retrofit)
    Vide Admiral Kyurin | U.S.S. Cairhien (Fleet Dreadnought Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Kiarl Leftrin | U.S.S. Aegir (Fleet Recon Science Vessel)
    --= Starfleet Strategic Command =--
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I will buy the Federation 3-pack, that's all.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    the poll is incomplete - I won't buy these ships but "stuff the Odyssey and anything like it." is as far from my position as possible.

just not much interested in this particular ships....

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Grind - all out dil farming just for this, despairing as you watch the dil-to-zen rate continue to rise
    I'll wait until the next sale for the bundle. That way the discount should be bigger.
    Bought the command cruisers in the last sale for 4800, not 5000.
    The release discount on the bundle is not the usual full 20% you get on c-store sales so I'll be holding onto my zen for now.
    SulMatuul.png
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Not interested in buying nine packs of more expensive ships. I already have far to many ships which got outdated by moving to Tier 6, and have T6 ships I havent mastered yet, so will not be bitten again when they move to Tier 7. Right now if I get any ships it will be through LTS stipend and dilithium exchange.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    trejgon wrote: »
    the poll is incomplete - I won't buy these ships but "stuff the Odyssey and anything like it." is as far from my position as possible.

just not much interested in this particular ships....

Agreed, same here.

I have nothing against the Flagships, they just don't interest me.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Won't get them, although the Sojourner really looks nice. But I am a canon hog and I have a really hard time using ships that are not canon (it's just my enjoyment to have the ships I know and like from Trek), especially if they come with such a hefty price tag.

Right now I have almost all the ships I want, only desperately waiting for a T6 Nebula and a Tellarite ship, should one be made available at any point.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Well, I technically don't have to open my wallet, I should still have enough Zen from the last Zen sale.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    Getting all 9 for some epic space Barbie. None of the options you listed as I have the Zen available.
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    As I've progressed through the game, I've tended to go more for the cruiser style of ship (I have a Galaxy, Gal-X, Sovvy, Oddy, Excelsior, Presidio, Mirror Guardian etc...), so in other circumstances I would be very tempted to bust open the wallet and get myself a 3-pack of giant cruiser goodness. However, I'm not going to for two reasons, and although neither of which is remotely close to 'stuff the Odyssey and anything like it', I voted for that as it seemed to be the only way of saying they aren't for me.

In my case, they aren't for me because:

1) I recently acquired a Paradox Temporal Dreadnought and love it. So I have a new-ish ship and an STO hole in the bank account already this month.

2) I really, really, really, really, really want a Tier 6 Sovereign and I'd rather hold out for that than get a new Oddy now.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    First time I'm gonna get one of these fat packs with a gazillion customization options, gonna need Emergency Power to Kitbash III & Override Kitbashing Safeties III to make it through that day. ;)
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I may eventually get one of the fed ships if there is a good trait available, but other then that I'm not interested. I like my Resolute and Presidio.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    I'll pick up the KDF cruisers as soon as the server comes up. The last time I took my Bortasqu out of drydock, Mk XII was as high level as the gear could go and I knew a whole heck of a lot less about ship builds than I do now. I've held off on getting a T6 cruiser because I expected that these ships were coming, and I'll be real curious to see what kind of monster I can make out of the Gorkon or the Martok.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    No zen sale no sale, I like them and I want them but 100 US, lets make a deal or I may have to wait. Only time will tell.Time told me - Wallet
    Post edited by tarran61 on
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    As far as I'm concerned, there's really not much difference between them and the Command Battlecruisers. Well, at least not enough that I'd actually lay down cash to get them. YMMV

I'll hold out and see what they do with the rest of the T6 releases- and possibly even till T7's, which will eventually come and probably with a heftier pricetag. If the pattern continues, we're looking at a $10/Tier raise in price, so instead of $30 for a ship you're going to be paying $40 for a single ship. I wonder just how long they'll be able to sustain this sort of pricing model... it's actually got me curious now.

No, I think I'll hold out for the eventual sales and discounts they're going to offer instead of full price... and watch everyone whine about how they had to get bent over the table so everyone else should, too.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    'Redirect' might be a strong word, though. I've been griding dil to Zen (though recently sold all of my Zen on speculation of a price drop) in anticipation of a T6 science ship bundle in the mode of the Dyson destroyers (and, with the anniversary ship being a science ship again, thought it was all but cinched). Well, my KDF Eng alt would really benefit from flying a Martok, my Rom Sci practically needs the trait from the Flambard (and may fly the ship itself on a permanent basis), and most of my characters would stand to gain from having the trait from the Endeavour/Khopesh.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    Wallet - opening it for the first time / first time in ages.
    I have ground a little bit of zen, but haven't spent on this game for over half a year. Provided there is a zen sale, I'll buy enough extra to get the 9-pack.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    I want all three Klingon variants.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    If i do get these ships it will be out of pocket, reason is the dil prices is just to steep ,and the grind would be to much of a buzz kill.
  • banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    I like to have a stockpile of Zen in case stuff like this comes along, which i get from a combination of being good with my LTS stipend, and generally putting aside a litlle every mon- ok, i can't keep a straight face anymore! XD

But seriously, i stock up during ZEN sales, and wait for what interests me. And since my FED flies the Sci Oddy, and my rom flies a Scimitar, i might as well get the mega bundle, since my Klink needs the admiralty cards, and they might end up being as fun as the Kurak when i feel like trying to go back to the boring old FAW routine
    Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!
  • wintermutevreswintermutevres Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Gonna get myself full pack. Later. Much later. Like 4-6 months later. If i'll still want em. Gotta grind some gear for Jupiter and Paradox first so i have no use for any more ships atm.
  • mrsmitty81mrsmitty81 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    A little wallet and little grind.
  • xanime0xxanime0x Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    So, I'm trying to decide whether/how to purchase the Tier 6 Flagships now that they're available, but the grind (particularly for the 9 set) seems really daunting (12k Zen at about 340 dil per zen is about 4.1 million dil). Will I open my wallet for the first time since I bought my LTS (on sale) about two years ago??

How to you intend to acquire them (or not!)?

Optional for posting the below: are you planning to buy just one, just one faction bundle, or the whole set of 9??

i see no point in buying a reskined ship that does little to nothing or worse than a t5u as they are just a reskin of a t5u with same stats in genreal. i find that most of the t5u were reskined and have command or intel added to them and a console. the new ships have no point to them other than for them to try to make money for crypitc. i will stick to the ship i have as i see it they are worse than what already in game.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I have to say I'm surprised at the amount of people willing to open their wallets. Thanks for paying to keep the lights on for us cheapskates. ;-)
    Tza0PEl.png
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    Another option. Not purchasing at this time because the price point is,way way too high.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • teluasteluas Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    A little bit of both plus some for me...

1500z - saved stipends
    2500z - dilithium
    6000z - wallet

I hadn't planned on buying the mega bundle, but the zen sale coupled with what I had managed to grind out changed my mind. :)