What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What about those who own allready the ship

Comments

• Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    I thought it was a shady policy then, I think it's a shady policy now. However, there are enough people who don't seem to care what Cryptic does to make money, so I'll be making this my first T6 ship purchase. The avalanche started a while ago, the pebbles no longer have a vote.​​
    While I am not anti discount, there are more shady practices like BO skills that are in a random lockbox or that any ship that you get from lobi or lockbox is character only. But are some of the most expensive ships in the game, along with having some of the best starship traits. Why can't they at least make these starship traits account unlocks.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    The only thing that's different about these and entirely new ships is in the name and ability to cross fit the exclusive consoles.

Took the same amount of work for the dev's to build em so the price remains the same.

Answer me this, do these new ships in any way diminish the abilities of the current Flagships you purchased? No? Well then... go TRIBBLE elsewhere.
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    The only thing that's different about these and entirely new ships is in the name and ability to cross fit the exclusive consoles.

Took the same amount of work for the dev's to build em so the price remains the same.

Answer me this, do these new ships in any way diminish the abilities of the current Flagships you purchased? No? Well then... go TRIBBLE elsewhere.

Actually I'm going speculate it's taken more work with all the different meshes. At least for the ship artists.
  • Options
    agnostic4agnostic4 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    How nice is this, Cryptic finally make an T6 version of all tree Flagships, Just bought those darn ships when they hit Holodeck as a T5, After that a T5-U where you had with one off them lay down 700 zen to get it T5-U. Now they bring out the T6 and let me guess another 3000 to 6000 Zen ?
    Are we in anyway compensated those who bought the pack once it came out ?
    Maybe a thousand zen less for those who bought the packs from day one ... ???? He Just asking ???

If you buy a Car/Stereo/TV/whatever when it is released you get exactly what you pay for and also get the pleasure of feeling like one of the few that did/do own it. When the 'New' Model is released, how many times have you went back to the store or dealership and said, "I bought this two years ago, I'm keeping the old one, but you need to give me a discount on the new one". They would laugh at you.

The amount of work that went into the new model is the same or close to the amount that went into the model you purchased and at that time it was the best they could offer. You enjoyed/enjoy the one you currently have and only your own perception defines if the very presence of the new model even existing will in some way diminish the amount of enjoyment you still can get out of owning the model you did purchase.

The money you paid was for the old model and that is still a very competitive model.

I purchased the Odyssey pack on release, but that in no way entitles me for a discount on the new model and my 'old' Odysseys are in no way 'lesser' because a new, shinier model is being released.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Much as I'd love to see an old-time buyer's discount, I know it's not going to happen. I resigned to that a long time ago. My primary concern now is where to put another 3 ships, as shelving other ships (and losing the keybinds of all the loadouts in the process), is not my first choice.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Your probably correct, I have no doubt this was first priority.
  • Options
    neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    I'd still like a restructuring of all of the ship costs. How long was $25 the top tier in the store? And now those ships, while still usable, don't do as well in a cost comparison to the $30 ships. I know nothing's going to change at this point, but it would be nice...​​
  • Options
    skrapnelskrapnel Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    I own the T5 Galaxy X, when the T6 came out I paid for it with no special discount on already owning the T5
    I own the T5 Intrepid, when the T6 came out I paid for it with no special discount on already owning the T5

I fail to see why T6 flagship should be any different.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    If you bought the Ships on the first weekend of release you get a discount to basically the T5 prices.

These ships are boxed so if you call one they are boxed in your Inventory and not in your Ship slips. You can bring in one at a time, either take the Console and dismiss until you have all you want to use, or Level it up for the Mastery and dismiss, keeping just the version you really want to fly on a consistent basis.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    agnostic4 wrote: »
    If you buy a Car/Stereo/TV/whatever when it is released you get exactly what you pay for and also get the pleasure of feeling like one of the few that did/do own it. When the 'New' Model is released, how many times have you went back to the store or dealership and said, "I bought this two years ago, I'm keeping the old one, but you need to give me a discount on the new one". They would laugh at you.

Poor analogy. If you were in the habit of buying a car every two years from the same dealership, they would give you a discount. It's a guaranteed sale and the amount sold matters more than the value due to how commissions work. Even the "we don't offer discounts" dealerships have a bit of play in their final numbers that they can offer something better than to an irregular customer.

Digital goods, on the other hand, are more intangible and harder to put a true value on. People are willing to pay anywhere between $13.33 per ship for the nine pack to $30 for a single T6 ship, before zen sales, discounts, etc. Cryptic discounts ships often enough that you can get them for a better value if you have patience. The T5 owners should get a discount argument always comes up whenever they release a new version of an older ship.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    skrapnel wrote: »
    I own the T5 Galaxy X, when the T6 came out I paid for it with no special discount on already owning the T5
    I own the T5 Intrepid, when the T6 came out I paid for it with no special discount on already owning the T5

Its different because this is the first time a bundle ship is being given the T6 treatment, which were much much more expensive to gain the full benefit of the console sets.
    Hence people who already bought them and ponied out huge quantities of cash have to pony up yet another massive sum for the new ones.

I don't expect Cryptic to give a damn, but its still my right to voice my displeasure with it, and nobody has the right to tell me otherwise.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    I do think it would serve PWE/Cryptic's best interests to restructure their Tiering system for new ships so that you're paying for Tier upgrades on top of the base hull of the ships, but I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.

It would indeed make more sense and foster customer loyalty, for them to not continuously gouge people for the full price of ships just because they add a new "tier" to it, but in the end, Cryptic/PWE is still a business with full price controls over what they choose to sell and for what price.

In the end, it comes down to demand and sales. If people buy them- they will continue to hike up prices.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User

Its different because this is the first time a bundle ship is being given the T6 treatment, which were much much more expensive to gain the full benefit of the console sets.
    Hence people who already bought them and ponied out huge quantities of cash have to pony up yet another massive sum for the new ones.

I don't expect Cryptic to give a damn, but its still my right to voice my displeasure with it, and nobody has the right to tell me otherwise.

To get a set bonus for the GAL-X, I had to by the tier 5 Galaxy(to get saucer sep) then the tier 4 Galaxy to get it's console, which actually cost me just as much as your precious flagship bundle, and I STILL did not get a discount on the Yamato.

So explain again why you suddenly should get a discount.

If so I want the difference for the following:

Yamato, Defiant and intrepid/pathfinder.

No? then You don't deserve your precious discount either.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    talonxv wrote: »

To get a set bonus for the GAL-X, I had to by the tier 5 Galaxy(to get saucer sep) then the tier 4 Galaxy to get it's console, which actually cost me just as much as your precious flagship bundle, and I STILL did not get a discount on the Yamato.

So explain again why you suddenly should get a discount.

If so I want the difference for the following:

Yamato, Defiant and intrepid/pathfinder.

No? then You don't deserve your precious discount either.

How about that I agree that you should have gotten a discount on your purchase, too? I don't think this is a 'sudden' discount people should get.

This is something that should have been a business policy from the get-go. If your loyal customers will buy the same ship over and over again, you should give them a discount. It keeps them coming back and doesn't make you look as greedy.

In other words, an ethical business practice.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    It's pretty darn simple: if you don't like this, don't buy it. Because *MONEY*(specifically the lack thereof) is the only thing that would change this situation. If these new ships didn't sell well at all, they might actually consider giving a discount for people who have the T5 versions. But unless you speak with your wallet, all the threads in the world aren't going to change the current model.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    /snip

How about that I agree that you should have gotten a discount on your purchase, too? I don't think this is a 'sudden' discount people should get.

This is something that should have been a business policy from the get-go. If your loyal customers will buy the same ship over and over again, you should give them a discount. It keeps them coming back and doesn't make you look as greedy.

I do agree it should be ethical, but most gaming companies only care about these ethics. A high quarterly earning statement.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    Never did understand the logic behind "hey they bent me over a table without lube, so you should get the same treatment!".

It's not just here- it's everywhere. You'd think that those who've had such an experience wouldn't want others to have the same experience, unless of course, they enjoyed it.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    dude16305 wrote: »
    I think they gonna do it. Give us discount, i mean. Or even giving them for free. I'm an optimist ;D. If not? Well, no problem. but i belive in you, Cryptic!

You believe in cryptic? ME TOOO!! they have rainbows and butterflies and unicorns that poo skittles , i LOVE being optimistic makes my deadpool spots tingle..in that special not so fresh type of feeling way.

~you know there is a thing as to much information , just saying~
    Hey who asked you you always sooo pessimistic , you really need to be more optimisitc like dude16305
    ~im more of a realist~
    -Yeah reaslisticly boring-
    Yeah what he said boooring
  • Options
    narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User

Despite the hard edge I took at the start of this thread inbuilt discounts for ships of the same line should have been done from the start, I agree there. Packs like the Voyager set would also work to a degree, mostly for the newer players though rather than older.

Since it hasn't happened though the likely hood of it starting now, particularly with PWE at the marketing helm, is exceptionally low.
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    "What about those that already own the ship?"
    Since the ships have not been released yet.....NOBODY already owns the ship.

der
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    There had never been discounts in this game just because you owned a lower tiered version of that ship. I bitched about this years ago but the people on these boards just said to deal with it. Funny how things change.

You didn't get a discount for owning the T4 C-Store Galaxy to be applied for the C-Store T5 version at all, much less the much later released T6 version. The same thing applied with others like the Defiant, Intrepid.

The funny part was people were shocked when owning the now lower tiered T5 ship didn't give a discount for the T6 version.

I sit here amused about the playerbase since Delta Rising.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Never did understand the logic behind "hey they bent me over a table without lube, so you should get the same treatment!".

It's not just here- it's everywhere. You'd think that those who've had such an experience wouldn't want others to have the same experience, unless of course, they enjoyed it.

I agree. I am baffled how downright hostile people get if you even mention something for discussions' sake. People are completely unable to just take an idea and discuss it, they'd rather scream at you and TRIBBLE around rules violation before they even voice a thought that is related to the topic.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    agnostic4 wrote: »
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    How nice is this, Cryptic finally make an T6 version of all tree Flagships, Just bought those darn ships when they hit Holodeck as a T5, After that a T5-U where you had with one off them lay down 700 zen to get it T5-U. Now they bring out the T6 and let me guess another 3000 to 6000 Zen ?
    Are we in anyway compensated those who bought the pack once it came out ?
    Maybe a thousand zen less for those who bought the packs from day one ... ???? He Just asking ???

The amount of work that went into the new model is the same or close to the amount that went into the model you purchased and at that time it was the best they could offer. You enjoyed/enjoy the one you currently have and only your own perception defines if the very presence of the new model even existing will in some way diminish the amount of enjoyment you still can get out of owning the model you did purchase.

The money you paid was for the old model and that is still a very competitive model.

I purchased the Odyssey pack on release, but that in no way entitles me for a discount on the new model and my 'old' Odysseys are in no way 'lesser' because a new, shinier model is being released.

And just hold right here, I'm selling cars and yes if a company or a person comes every two years buying a car from me, whether he keeps the old one or not I give him or her or company a discount on the buying price this way he tells someone else and that company and person comes along buying stuff from me and if I give him a little less on the price he will make a mouth to mouth commercial for me this way my business can keep going and I even make an profit so what you say is not all true, because if I follow strict rules my garage wouldn't survive between all the big ones.... And for the other posts I read it's not with the single ships that's overhauled if you read my post right you saw I mentioned ship packs !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    kavase wrote: »
    angrytarg wrote: »
    What I would support wholeheartedly were dynamic discounts aimed at "families" of ships. If you have ships in different tiers that form a console synergy, for example Exploration Cruiser Refit, Retrofit and T6 version, I'd welcome a slight discount per "family member" owned, so you can maybe knock off 250 zen per ship owned.

For the flag ships, if you already own all three T5s they could grant you a 750zen discount on the T6 three-pack, making it 2250 zen per ship (4500 for the three-pack). On three-piece sets like the Valiant for example you could save 500zen if you own the Sao Paolo and Retrofit.​​

I like this actually. It could encourage more spending overall for a small cut.

What I can see being fairly plausible is a permanent 20% discount (doesn't stack with sale pricing). If you own a variant or related ship, why wait for a sale, basically?

I'm not sure this would go over well but you know Amazon targets pricing to the individual user as I understand it. Airlines try to as well, I believe.

So maybe you have a couple of ways the criteria get met for a "your special offers" tab.

If you own a ship in a family of console bonuses, ships get added to your offers at 20% off.

For pre-T5 ships, if you own one ship of a tier, the ships also get discounted and placed in your special offers tab.

Maybe another discount if you haven't bought any ships from a faction in over 30 days.

Now, here's another thing I'd look at:

If you're gold, you get all available discounts. Perfect incentive to go gold.

And I'd look at expanding beyond the 1000 day vet rewards with slot claims because lack of access to slots hinders sales. Maybe a choice claim of (once per account):

2 ship slots
    2 bridge officer slots
    2 loadout slots
    2 dry dock slots
    2 costume slots
    2 loadout slots
    25 Duty Officer Roster slots
    1 character slot

Every 30 days, you get a token that can be redeemed for one of these things as a gold. Because there's literally nothing you can do with most of these things that doesn't generate sales somehow for Cryptic. Somebody who is gold, whether lifer or monthly, is someone who has demonstrated they might make purchases. So you want to keep them making purchases with this.
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    And sylveriarelden you are correct it was just a thought and people get crazy over it like I steal there money, While I even wrote just saying bet they didn't even read that. It was just a thought and I wondered how other people thought about it... While I can easy wait until it get cheaper. But what STOKED Radio mentioned give us the ability to test drive the ship if it is only for a day so people can test it to the fullest make comments about it and if a large number doesn't like it they could change it or if no body want's it they can scrap it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    ajalenajalen Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    i waiting for Tier 10 version with 20 consoles , EBC and planetkiller universal console
    mzspQIG.jpg

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    @mattjohnsonva : While you have a point, at least with those people that complain and whine instead of trying a civil debate, you yourself could have toned down your gushing about you unimpaired love for the game and the company pig-2.gif What I try to say is just because someone voices one extreme you don't have to counter that with another.

If people would write objectively and in a civil way it certainly would be better. Haterage (which usually stems from disappointment, but in the end they all stay anyway) doesn't help anyone and on the other hoof Cryptic writes their own advertisments, nobody needs to take over for them.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou