test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In the Purview of Diplomats

A soft chime and a pulsing light heralded the arrival of two very important people. “Important,” thought President Aennik Okeg. “Important and… vocal. Very, very vocal.” After a calming intake of air, the Saurian diplomat pressed the receiver node of his in-desk comm unit.

Check out our latest fiction piece.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    So that's what President Okeg looks like,we meet at last!
  • thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Anyone else here who couldn't help him-/herself to imagine that Ferris-fellow to wear a tribble as toupet, similar to a certain presidential candidate today who's spitting basically the same xenophobic BS?
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    FINALLY. After six freaking years, we get a picture of President Okeg.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • fauxpasiiifauxpasiii Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    thorodal wrote: »
    ...similar to a certain presidential candidate today who's spitting basically the same xenophobic BS?

We're going to build a wall around the Neutral Zone and we're going to force the Romulans to pay for it!

• ttuthillttuthill Member Posts: 14 Media Corps
    Standing outside on behalf of UFP Media; with new UFP.PRESS badge shining in the lights, a reporter waits to see if he can get a word with the visiting diplomats.

If nothing else he would wait for the Press Secretary and the daily report.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Heh...
    Lawaxana at a hundred and something...
    Even scarier when she's sober...

SO, who else thinks Ferris is some kind of plant (and I don't mean the leafy kind)??
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Wow - the Federation President DOES exist (doesn't look bad, either) - more interesting tales of stress in the Council- I'd be assuming Undine involvement at this point if we hadn't made some peace there.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Too bad nothing of this actually happens in the game pig-9.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    I bet I'm not the only one reading it and imaging Majel's voice in all her glory...

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Given that the Federation is responsible for what happened to the Na'Kuhl, I'm with Troi and Okeg.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    “I’ll say this for him, he doesn’t back down. Runs in the family, all the way back to his grandfather. Man had the nerve to tell Jim Kirk what to do on the bridge of his own ship! Voted against the Khitomer Accords too, if memory serves.”

High Commissioner Ferris.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    “I’ll say this for him, he doesn’t back down. Runs in the family, all the way back to his grandfather. Man had the nerve to tell Jim Kirk what to do on the bridge of his own ship! Voted against the Khitomer Accords too, if memory serves.”

Who was killed and replaced with a Klingon in Human skin!
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Eek... It appears in STO, Section 31 is part of the official intelligence services of the Federation.

I reject this fiction and substitute my own.

Otherwise a nice read. Though it seems unlikely that Lwaxana is still around and in an important function. (It would actually have been fun if they had twisted things and made it "the other" Troi... )
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    Section-31 outed themselves way back in 2409.
    :*
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    The alliance has access to two functional Dyson Spheres, each with enough land to house the entire known population of the Galaxy with enough space left over between populations that they would never have to even know others existed unless they wanted to.

And instead we this is the high level debate we get? There should never be another issue with refugees or need for new colonies again.
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
    Eek... It appears in STO, Section 31 is part of the official intelligence services of the Federation.

Otherwise a nice read. Though it seems unlikely that Lwaxana is still around and in an important function. (It would actually have been fun if they had twisted things and made it "the other" Troi... )

this i doubt very much, it looks like pointed speculation in a threat about potential enemies, lwaxana poured scorn over it though.
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User

hmm apparently being a... gentleman's reproductive organ is genetic. [spock] Fascinating...[/spock]

sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png

I agree. However, I think this is just the afterglow of early STO, when the story writers actually confused Starfleet Intelligence and Section 31, like a lot of fans did and still do as well.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    Great writing. Seems like current (RL) events are influencing the future.

I didn't know the Federation capital was in Paris. With the academy in San Francisco is see a trend.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
    tancrediiv wrote: »

I didn't know the Federation capital was in Paris. With the academy in San Francisco is see a trend.

Paris has never been stated as being the capital (neither has SF for that matter). Paris is just the seat of the presidential office

Paris has never been stated as being the capital (neither has SF for that matter). Paris is just the seat of the presidential office

Paris may as well be the capital of Earth for intents and purposes because the Federation powerbase is in Paris.
    Eh... there're a lot of cities on Earth that could claim the title of Earth/Federation capital for one reason or another. SF hold most weight though, being home to both Starfleet Command and the Federation Council. Paris has been the seat of the President, and then there're cities like Berlin which is home to the Vulcan Consulate on Earth.
  • ulukayxulukayx Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Stupid writers.

The alliance has access to two functional Dyson Spheres, each with enough land to house the entire known population of the Galaxy with enough space left over between populations that they would never have to even know others existed unless they wanted to.

And instead we this is the high level debate we get? There should never be another issue with refugees or need for new colonies again.

Stupid writers.

The Dyson spheres full of extremely advanced yet barely understood Technology that are loaded with Omega Particles, Automated defence systems, killer drones, Undine and Dinosaurs with friggin' Lazors on their heads?

Not realy the best place to ship the Nakuhl off to.

On another note, glad to finally see one of the Characters we only ever heard of in the History Quiz, makes me realise we still havn't met Melanie D'lan, the Orion responsible for the alliance with the Klingons. (Or realy revisited any of the plotstrings attached to that alliance.)
    -
    Join Starfleet,
    Boldly go where no man has gone before,
    Meet interesting new species, and Kill them!
    edited February 2016
    Eh... there're a lot of cities on Earth that could claim the title of Earth/Federation capital for one reason or another. SF hold most weight though, being home to both Starfleet Command and the Federation Council. Paris has been the seat of the President, and then there're cities like Berlin which is home to the Vulcan Consulate on Earth.

Starfleet answers to the Federation President like all the other arms of the United Federation of Planets.
    edited February 2016
    [reaction to moderated comment modded]
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    Served

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Man I bet Majel wishes she could've gotten to act something with so much bite and gravitas to it.

This would've been splendid on TNG.
    tymersto wrote: »
    I bet I'm not the only one reading it and imaging Majel's voice in all her glory...

Thank you for the time...

You're not. It's the only way to read it.
    risian4 wrote: »
    Given that the Federation is responsible for what happened to the Na'Kuhl, I'm with Troi and Okeg.

An idiot from the future is responsible for what happened.

That said, I'm definitely with Troi and Okeg, simply because it's the right thing to do.

I'd say rather that Lawaxana and Ferris just have that high a security clearance that they actually know about Section 31.
    daveyny wrote: »
    Section-31 outed themselves way back in 2409.
    :*

I certainly would have. They're kind of like Batman in the early years. Everyone has heard of them, but only a few know he's actually real.
    Stupid writers.

Stupid writers.

Ahem...would you give the Na'khul access to solar system scale Omega Molecule generators? Omega Molecule generators that can also jump to any point in space?
    angrytarg wrote: »

I agree. However, I think this is just the afterglow of early STO, when the story writers actually confused Starfleet Intelligence and Section 31, like a lot of fans did and still do as well.​​

If I were in Starfleet Intelligence I would be deeply insulted.

For the record Section 31 is an independent deniable operations unit that was created out of a broad misinterpretation of an old Earth Starfleet Charter, that is no longer in effect, and as a general statement is completely illegal and only draws its existence from a bunch of Starfleet officers too lazy to follow regulations.

The original wording in the charter was a simple regulation that would allow Starfleet Officers to take extreme actions in extreme situations to safe guard Earth, without being hamstrung by regulations that wouldn't have taken the situation into account. That is NOT grounds to create a rogue intelligence agency. The fact that they have a bunch officers up to and beyond flag rank and a few Councilors on their side doesn't make them anymore legitimate.

ulukayx wrote: »
    Stupid writers.

Stupid writers.

The Dyson spheres full of extremely advanced yet barely understood Technology that are loaded with Omega Particles, Automated defence systems, killer drones, Undine and Dinosaurs with friggin' Lazors on their heads?

Not realy the best place to ship the Nakuhl off to.

On another note, glad to finally see one of the Characters we only ever heard of in the History Quiz, makes me realise we still havn't met Melanie D'lan, the Orion responsible for the alliance with the Klingons. (Or realy revisited any of the plotstrings attached to that alliance.)

Definitely want to meet Melani Dian. Especially after meeting Hassan the Undying, I'm curious if our decision to spare him will stick or not.

This was established in the Paradise Lost two parter on DS9.

The Council Chambers however is in San Francisco.

Well Earth is.

It's a curious thing since any city is just a transport away. Easy intercontinental travel is the law of the day.

tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    captaind3 wrote: »
    (...)

If I were in Starfleet Intelligence I would be deeply insulted.

(...)

That's however what happened. Back when STO launched Drake and S31 were treated as regular intelligence which was odd from the beginning. Only much later when the game "matured" a bit we got mentions of Starfleet Intelligence and tha tthe two aren't the same. Still, in STOs story, S31 is out of hiding and seemingly completely backed up by official channels.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif