test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Science Alpha Strike: Chronometric Energy Converter

semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
So I got the 3 - piece bonus last night but was too tired to post about it so here it is now.

Science now has a Alpha Strike of its own (albeit a costly one requiring multiple weapon and console slots) and Tacs can now have a double alpha. So.here is how it works: when you activate the skill you gain X% amount of a Exotic damage boost based on your CURRENT Weapons Power and a Energy damage bonus in the same format from your Aux Power. What this means is that as your weapons power goes from 125 to 80 the actual bonus at that moment scales with it (this is not a big deal for pure exotic damage builds) and this bonus can be increased further with Overload Subsystem Safeties.
At preset with a maxed power buff from Red Matter Capacitor, EPtW, and OSS3 I get a 40.5% boost to my Exotic and my Energy Weapons for 15 seconds and that jumps to 30 seconds with the 4 - piece. So far the boost starts at 40.5% at 180 weapons power and drops down to 33.5% at 130.

So have fun our there captians and enjoy the New Exotic Alpha Strike!
tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

Comments

• Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    did you switch to Polaron or running AP or other?
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    My build uses its weapons slots for set bonuses and Procs using a plasma embassy console and torps as primary damage dealers. But a dedicated beam build can benefit from this skill as well as it boosts energy damage based on Aux Power

• Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Looks nice but I wonder what category buff it is...

How do you have the three piece we've only had two weeks so far?
  • Options
    Krenim Torp from the Anniversary Ship / Chronometric Polaron Beam Array / Chronometric Capacitor

I got the promo code giving me Qmendations, 10 spec points and the Valiant ( which I have no use for but the other stuff was awesome)

• Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Where are you getting the scaling damage increase from this set bonus? Mine says fixed 7.5% energy weapons damage and exotic damage.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    The tooltip while in space with it equipped the higher your weapons power the higher your exotic damage boost is ( I tested this repeatedly and as my weapons power went down from firing my beams the damage boost decreased )

• Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    semalda226 wrote: »
    The tooltip while in space with it equipped the higher your weapons power the higher your exotic damage boost is ( I tested this repeatedly and as my weapons power went down from firing my beams the damage boost decreased )

Cool. It sounds awesome - what you're describing is not what I saw in the tooltip. Can't wait to test this out with my Polaron build.
  • Options
    dauntless89dauntless89 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    Question is - is this ~40% "strength" boost or "basis" boost. Sometimes numbers can be deceiving. For example "Scryer" mastery is giving at full stacks - 22.7% exotic damage...but that is added to the base damage of the ability...leading to ~50 damage increase -> GW3 with 1500 with this at max goes to 1555, instead to ~1841.

So, how much is this ~40% giving to lets say GW3? Go to space/ESD, look how much damage your GW3 does with no buffs - activate the ability alone and check again for the difference. Give the results here.

If 40% is added overall (considering all buffs active) then it would be super awesome..."time to kill" (30% all), Sci cap (30% exotic), Anchored (20% all) Loop (10% exotic) and if that gives 40% on top...you know.
  • Options
    maerikcharonmaerikcharon Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Antiproton is for noobs FAWING with Scimitars. Science goes Polaron or BUST! LOL
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    I've been doing Polaron for some time on my Tac captain. I do a mix of standard, Vadwaar and the Rep Polaron. It works for me better than standard phasers....
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    Now that I have the set, it seems to be a Cat 1 boost. I still need to play with it more to see if it is worth losing the Terran 2-pc on my sci-torp boat.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    ...how it works: when you activate the skill...

Full stop. Answer me this: What skill? Which skill are you talking about? Please, if you're going to write a description on how to do something, actually write how to do that thing without taking for granted anyone reading your piece knows what you're talking about to begin with. Thank you!

I'm an idiot. Please treat me a such. I have to be told through writing what it is you want me to do. Pictures are even better, especially pictures of the subject matter with arrows and text and numbers drawn over it to show me what the world it is I should be doing and so too then the results that WE ALL are looking for!

I've been wrong before. I'll probably do something wrong, again, very soon. Thank you again for your helping me. I'm a knucklehead you know. You guys are so patient.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »
    ...how it works: when you activate the skill...

Full stop. Answer me this: What skill? Which skill are you talking about? Please, if you're going to write a description on how to do something, actually write how to do that thing without taking for granted anyone reading your piece knows what you're talking about to begin with. Thank you!

I'm an idiot. Please treat me a such. I have to be told through writing what it is you want me to do. Pictures are even better, especially pictures of the subject matter with arrows and text and numbers drawn over it to show me what the world it is I should be doing and so too then the results that WE ALL are looking for!

I've been wrong before. I'll probably do something wrong, again, very soon. Thank you again for your helping me. I'm a knucklehead you know. You guys are so patient.​​

You get a new skill from the 3-pc set bonus that when you click gives you a boost to exotic and energy weapons damage.

So far on my sci-torp ship, this does not seem to be worth losing the Terran 2-pc bonus. It's a cat 1 boost to exotic that you only get to use every 2 mins for 15 secs (ok 30, if you use the 4-pc set). It's good for a fast spike, but after that, the damage lost to torps kinda mitigates that over the period of a run. YMMV of course.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Just got the 3 piece finished today... seems rather fun on my Dauntless (protonlc/chronometric polaron with grav torp) so far.

Will have the 4th piece this weekend... how does the torp handle?
  • Options
    trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    Just got the 3 piece finished today... seems rather fun on my Dauntless (protonlc/chronometric polaron with grav torp) so far.

Will have the 4th piece this weekend... how does the torp handle?

when spreaded into a bunch of weleld enemies it grabs alot of aggro - beyond that it feels ok looks good on paper (50% chance to totally ignore shields) although today someone on dps channel mentioned that it has low base damage

can't give any reliable numbers though (beyond the 50% proc chance :P) as my build is kinda incomplete....

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    So I got the 3 - piece bonus last night but was too tired to post about it so here it is now.

Science now has a Alpha Strike of its own (albeit a costly one requiring multiple weapon and console slots) and Tacs can now have a double alpha. So.here is how it works: when you activate the skill you gain X% amount of a Exotic damage boost based on your CURRENT Weapons Power and a Energy damage bonus in the same format from your Aux Power. What this means is that as your weapons power goes from 125 to 80 the actual bonus at that moment scales with it (this is not a big deal for pure exotic damage builds) and this bonus can be increased further with Overload Subsystem Safeties.
    At preset with a maxed power buff from Red Matter Capacitor, EPtW, and OSS3 I get a 40.5% boost to my Exotic and my Energy Weapons for 15 seconds and that jumps to 30 seconds with the 4 - piece. So far the boost starts at 40.5% at 180 weapons power and drops down to 33.5% at 130.

So have fun our there captians and enjoy the New Exotic Alpha Strike!

Weren't you one of those who decided to kind of quit STO for a while? or at least go into hiatus? I guess too hard to stay away or just forum posting fish-1.gif

So yesterday it was non stop SNR and Disconnects now the patcher won't even load. Think I'm gonna take a break for a month and see if you guys can clean this up. It's a shame too I was gonna buy the Scims but there is no point in buying stuff from a game you can't play. Everything else I try to run works perfectly it's just STO having issues. Have fun in game guys this isn't a I quit thread I will be back but it seems like this anniversary event Borked the connection somehow.
    ​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    Well luckily a friend pointed out a solution that actually worked (and it had nothing to do with my internet) secondly I posted this about a week ago not yesterday lol

• Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Lowered dmg I can live with I think... it seems to be the payoff for the 50% shield bypass.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    When the Torp Procs it hits really hard pretty much on par with a Quantum to a no shields hull

• Options
    captxpendablecaptxpendable Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Krenim Torp from the Anniversary Ship / Chronometric Polaron Beam Array / Chronometric Capacitor

I got the promo code giving me Qmendations, 10 spec points and the Valiant ( which I have no use for but the other stuff was awesome)
    Hi, I got the promo code too, and found the ship and the spec points in the store, but where are the Qmendations?

"Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie" - The Doctor

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -
    Agatha Heterodyne