test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Still working on my Jupiter Build and looking for advice.

kylethetruekylethetrue Member Posts: 205 Arc User
Just relying on hangar pets and weapons for my Jupiter Class wasn't yielding much DPS so I've been trying out adding some Exotic damage abilities to see if that helps. So far it hasn't done much better so I am showing the build here on the forums in hopes of getting some useful tips. I know people don't think highly of the Type 10 Shuttles but I think they at least seem to work. Hitting an enemy with 12 Beam overloads at once does seem to make a dent on those enemy ships.

That being said it's also very tempting to Swap them for Peregrine Fighters and swap my Emitters for turrets (6 or possibly 3 with 3 cannons).

So does anyone have any tips on improving my build? Or any DPS Jupiter builds that work for them? I'd be grateful for any useful tips.

Weapons: Vaadwaur Polaron Emitter Array X6

Dyson Deflector Array
Jem'Hadar Combat Impulse Engines
Kobali Field Stabilizing Warp Core
Jem'Hadar Resilient Shields

Eng. Consoles: Sustained Radiant Field, Fleet Coordination module, Nukara Particle Converter
Sci. Consoles: Plasma-generating Weapon Signature Nullifier [+Emit]X2, Exotic Particle Field Exciter, Particle Generator
Tac Consoles: Polaron Phase ModulatorX3

Hangar: Type 10 ShuttlesX2

Personal Traits:
Innocuous, Elusive, Wing Commander, Accurate, Shield Frequency Analyst, Last Ditch Effort, Beam Training, Fleet Coordinator, Particle manipulator

Reputation Traits:
Advanced targeting Systems, Precision, Particle Generator Amplifier, Enhanced Rending Shots

Starship Traits:
Insult to Injury, Coordinated Assault, Overwhelming Force, All Hands on Deck

Bridge Officers:
Tactical LT: Tactical Team, Beam Overload
Universal LT: Tactical team, Beam Overload
ENG/Intel LTComm: Emrrgency power to Auxiliary I, Emergency Power to Weapons II, Electromagnetic Pulse Probe II
Sci Comm: Hazard Emitters I, Science Team II, Destabilizing Resonance Beam II, Gravity Well II
Sci LT: Hazard Emitters I, Science team II
"Thou shalt respect the weak and shalt constitute thyself defender of them."
-3rd Commmandment of Chivalry
FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Since exotic damage seems to be an important part of your build, I'd get the Solanae deflector array. And maybe consider a warp core that adds Auxiliary power and increases maximum aux power, there are some very good fleet warp cores for this.

My own Sci character - who focuses on torpedoes - uses several Delta and Dyson reputation sets for the radiation bonuses.

I don't know if this would work for you though - I'm not really experienced with giving advice or enhance builds of other people since I generally try things out and see what works. And it may well be that you're already more effective than I am, I don't know that of course so ... these are just some ideas and suggestions. It'd be best to see if someone can give more solid advice ;)
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Solanae deflector
    Terran warp core
    MACO engines and shield for torpedo buff
    Whichever secondary deflector you like

Weapons
    Three torpedos of your choice, most reputation ones are awesome, I like the plasma one you can craft as well as neutronic and Gravimetric but almost any work. On the back use the Delta rep polaron beam for Isokinetic cannon which is insanely powerful on this build. Also use whatever else for set bonus and an omni beam for subsystem targeting.

4 research lab consoles with PRTG and GRAVGEN secondary mod
    Exotic particle field exciter with PRTG
    Enhanced RCS with PRTG
    3 spire +torp consoles
    Bioneural console from Delta rep for set bonus
    Edit: Use the Co strict ion anchor from the Vaadwaur lockbox for a nice boost to exotic damage

Traits can be whatever so long as you have particle manipulator and all the torpedo ones

Reputation traits - both T4 terran reps for major science cooldowns. The rest are up to you but there is a radiation one and some crit ones I like as well as Omega kinetic sheering for more torpedo damage.

Starship Traits - Scryer trait, AHOD, Reciprocoty, overwhelming force and sheshar trait if you use THY otherwise out whatever you want there.

DOFF'S
    Graga Mal (expensive but worth every penny, she reverses tractor repulsers to pull in enemies which causes massive damage on a build like this)
    Gravity well doff for more grav wells
    Use three torpedo cooldown doffs
    The last is up to you

BOFF powers

Tac LT - tac team, TS2 or THY2
    Uni LT - Kemocite 1, APB 1
    EnG/Intel LTCMDR - EPTAUX, AUX2Struc, OSS 3
    Sci cmdr - hazard emitters 1, Subspace Vortex 2, grav well 1, Tractor beam repulsers 3
    Sci LT - TSS 1, destabilized resonance beam

If you don't have kemo use another torpedo power for good measure it's not that great anymore now after the nerd anyway. OSS will cause you science powers to spike like crazy, very useful for laying down the pain. Subspace vortex is a bit pricey but very powerful, combine it with gravity well and they suck in enemies and then cause massive AOE to all of them, drop DRB on for maximum pain. Keep in mind DRB lasts for ten seconds and you must be facing the enemy the whole time or it'll shut off. Also if you click subspace vortex a second time it'll transport you to the vortex location and turn it off, there is no indication on the icon for this so just be careful not to click again by accident while it's still active. lol

Tractor repulsors will pull things out of your gravity well so don't use them at the same time. Go in and drop GW and SSV along with some torpedo spreads and if anything survives use DRB for dreadnoughts and TBR to clean up. DRB does have a two minute cooldown so use it wisely.
    Post edited by samt1996 on
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    You can use EPTE and Auxiliary to inertial dampeners in engineering if you wany this whale to move better that's usually what I do.
    Post edited by samt1996 on
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Well that 2nd build.option is for the space rich but I would recommend a DRB3 and a TBR1 as you get more dmg this way
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    I wrote that post hastily because I was busy so I went back and cleaned up the spelling and such.

Anyways yes some of those things like Graga Mal, Subspace Vortex and those two crafted consoles are expensive but $20-30 worth of keys will get you more than enough EC and that is after all only the price of a single ship.

That build can be modified in a number of ways onto most any science ship but the core pieces stay the same (the expensive ones). I've never parsed because TRIBBLE*! the DPS league, but it vaporizes elite content in short order.
  • Options
    zombieman149zombieman149 Member Posts: 29 New User
    > @kylethetrue said:
    > Just relying on hangar pets and weapons for my Jupiter Class wasn't yielding much DPS so I've been trying out adding some Exotic damage abilities to see if that helps. So far it hasn't done much better so I am showing the build here on the forums in hopes of getting some useful tips. I know people don't think highly of the Type 10 Shuttles but I think they at least seem to work. Hitting an enemy with 12 Beam overloads at once does seem to make a dent on those enemy ships.
    >
    > That being said it's also very tempting to Swap them for Peregrine Fighters and swap my Emitters for turrets (6 or possibly 3 with 3 cannons).
    >
    > So does anyone have any tips on improving my build? Or any DPS Jupiter builds that work for them? I'd be grateful for any useful tips.
    >
    > Weapons: Vaadwaur Polaron Emitter Array X6
    >
    > Dyson Deflector Array
    > Jem'Hadar Combat Impulse Engines
    > Kobali Field Stabilizing Warp Core
    > Jem'Hadar Resilient Shields
    >
    > Eng. Consoles: Sustained Radiant Field, Fleet Coordination module, Nukara Particle Converter
    > Sci. Consoles: Plasma-generating Weapon Signature Nullifier [+Emit]X2, Exotic Particle Field Exciter, Particle Generator
    > Tac Consoles: Polaron Phase ModulatorX3
    >
    > Hangar: Type 10 ShuttlesX2
    >
    > Personal Traits:
    > Innocuous, Elusive, Wing Commander, Accurate, Shield Frequency Analyst, Last Ditch Effort, Beam Training, Fleet Coordinator, Particle manipulator
    >
    > Reputation Traits:
    > Advanced targeting Systems, Precision, Particle Generator Amplifier, Enhanced Rending Shots
    >
    > Starship Traits:
    > Insult to Injury, Coordinated Assault, Overwhelming Force, All Hands on Deck
    >
    > Bridge Officers:
    > Tactical LT: Tactical Team, Beam Overload
    > Universal LT: Tactical team, Beam Overload
    > ENG/Intel LTComm: Emrrgency power to Auxiliary I, Emergency Power to Weapons II, Electromagnetic Pulse Probe II
    > Sci Comm: Hazard Emitters I, Science Team II, Destabilizing Resonance Beam II, Gravity Well II
    > Sci LT: Hazard Emitters I, Science team II

dang bro
  • Options
    samt1996 wrote: »
    Solanae deflector
    Terran warp core
    MACO engines and shield for torpedo buff
    Whichever secondary deflector you like

Weapons
    Three torpedos of your choice, most reputation ones are awesome, I like the plasma one you can craft as well as neutronic and Gravimetric but almost any work. On the back use the Delta rep polaron beam for Isokinetic cannon which is insanely powerful on this build. Also use whatever else for set bonus and an omni beam for subsystem targeting.

4 research lab consoles with PRTG and GRAVGEN secondary mod
    Exotic particle field exciter with PRTG
    Enhanced RCS with PRTG
    3 spire +torp consoles
    Bioneural console from Delta rep for set bonus
    Edit: Use the Co strict ion anchor from the Vaadwaur lockbox for a nice boost to exotic damage

Traits can be whatever so long as you have particle manipulator and all the torpedo ones

Reputation traits - both T4 terran reps for major science cooldowns. The rest are up to you but there is a radiation one and some crit ones I like as well as Omega kinetic sheering for more torpedo damage.

Starship Traits - Scryer trait, AHOD, Reciprocoty, overwhelming force and sheshar trait if you use THY otherwise out whatever you want there.

DOFF'S
    Graga Mal (expensive but worth every penny, she reverses tractor repulsers to pull in enemies which causes massive damage on a build like this)
    Gravity well doff for more grav wells
    Use three torpedo cooldown doffs
    The last is up to you

BOFF powers

Tac LT - tac team, TS2 or THY2
    Uni LT - Kemocite 1, APB 1
    EnG/Intel LTCMDR - EPTAUX, AUX2Struc, OSS 3
    Sci cmdr - hazard emitters 1, Subspace Vortex 2, grav well 1, Tractor beam repulsers 3
    Sci LT - TSS 1, destabilized resonance beam

If you don't have kemo use another torpedo power for good measure it's not that great anymore now after the nerd anyway. OSS will cause you science powers to spike like crazy, very useful for laying down the pain. Subspace vortex is a bit pricey but very powerful, combine it with gravity well and they suck in enemies and then cause massive AOE to all of them, drop DRB on for maximum pain. Keep in mind DRB lasts for ten seconds and you must be facing the enemy the whole time or it'll shut off. Also if you click subspace vortex a second time it'll transport you to the vortex location and turn it off, there is no indication on the icon for this so just be careful not to click again by accident while it's still active. lol

Tractor repulsors will pull things out of your gravity well so don't use them at the same time. Go in and drop GW and SSV along with some torpedo spreads and if anything survives use DRB for dreadnoughts and TBR to clean up. DRB does have a two minute cooldown so use it wisely.

Some good info here. That anchor console looks pretty awesome though many of this other stuff is reallly...really expensive on the exchange. It's a pity such important items to doing well in the game are so hard to come by.
    semalda226 wrote: »
    Well that 2nd build.option is for the space rich but I would recommend a DRB3 and a TBR1 as you get more dmg this way

DRB3? TBR1 What?

dang bro

?
    FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg
  • Options
    Destabilized Resonance Beam 3 and Tractor Beam repulsors 1 is what he means.
  • Options
    samt1996 wrote: »
    Destabilized Resonance Beam 3 and Tractor Beam repulsors 1 is what he means.

Ah, alrighty.
    FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Particle Emission Torp is pure win on a sci boat right now and this carrier is essentially a massive sci boat. High partgens and the Lvl 15 R&D sci trait makes this thing do ridiculous damage, plus it slows targets down.
    Grav well the enemy and slot a spread of these in there and watch the fires burn baby!
    Add in DRB for more fun.

And if you've got a full wing of fighters or frigates flying round why not try out Focused Assault (tac ability) if you're going after a single heavy target like a capital ship. That works wonders some times I find and I like using it to fill up a slot with nothing better to use (I normally only have Team Tac and Torp Spread, anything else is wasted)
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Particle Emission Torp is pure win on a sci boat right now and this carrier is essentially a massive sci boat. High partgens and the Lvl 15 R&D sci trait makes this thing do ridiculous damage, plus it slows targets down.
    Grav well the enemy and slot a spread of these in there and watch the fires burn baby!
    Add in DRB for more fun.

And if you've got a full wing of fighters or frigates flying round why not try out Focused Assault (tac ability) if you're going after a single heavy target like a capital ship. That works wonders some times I find and I like using it to fill up a slot with nothing better to use (I normally only have Team Tac and Torp Spread, anything else is wasted)

More good info. I'll think about it. I was hoping to have an energy weapon and exotic loadout but it's looking more like I'll have to stick with torpedos
    FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    My Jupiter's sci/tank rather than DPS so the build wouldn't be much use to you, but why use the Type 10s and Insult To Injury ? No torpedoes, so the Jupiter trait's useless with them. Been using Advanced Peregrines and/or Callistos on mine (Quantums, plus carry beams for your Coordinated Assault trait). Your EMP probe will trigger ITI, although I've found tractors to be more reliable.
  • Options
    irm1963 wrote: »
    My Jupiter's sci/tank rather than DPS so the build wouldn't be much use to you, but why use the Type 10s and Insult To Injury ? No torpedoes, so the Jupiter trait's useless with them. Been using Advanced Peregrines and/or Callistos on mine (Quantums, plus carry beams for your Coordinated Assault trait). Your EMP probe will trigger ITI, although I've found tractors to be more reliable.

Elite Type 10s have torpedoes. And Peregrines and Callistos are all cannons. No beams to speak of.
    FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,119 Community Moderator
    I probably would have went with Yellowstones myself. *shrug*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I probably would have went with Yellowstones myself. *shrug*

The nice thing about Type 10s is that you get six of them. Which does feel cool with coordinated fire...
    FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg