test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mirror Universe Uniform Issues

azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
One stop shop for all issues relating to the new Terran uniforms.

NOTE: I really don't want for these issues to come across as too negative. Please don't think I'm pooping on anyone's work here. The costume artists in this game do a fantastic job most of the time, and I really do like many of these designs. That being said, I was a little bit disheartened when I paid (way more than I want to admit) to get these otherwise beautiful uniforms, and came across several deal-breaking issues.

Jm1DSZ.png
Issue 1: I ain't got no legs!
Species is Joined Trill, I know this issue has been brought up, but I thought I'd start off with it here.

DYLtt1.png
Issue 2: Color options, Red or Redder.
I'm going to assume this was a mistake, since its using the same palate that the color-locked summer outfits used. When I have legs to wear shorts on, I'd appreciate color options.

jFyM4c.png
Issue 3: No Emblems? Even on the sleeved versions?
Would be nice to rep my fleet. I bought these uniforms with hopes to mix and match, and that seems almost prohibited with many of these options

O4fNxz.png
Issue 4: More clipping than a scrapbooker getting a haircut.
Most of the sleeveless versions have armpit clipping, a few have breast clipping issues. I know it's difficult to account for all player body types, but mine is not an unusual or extreme build.

wnov3u.png
Issue 5: We don't got no stinking badges!
As referenced above, I bought these uniforms with hopes to mix and match. The restrictive badge options (and lack of rank options) really hamper that. Just because these uniforms are mirror universe, does not mean that we players intend to RP them as such. Space Barbie is important to many of us.

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Joined Trill have had many problems in the past with costumes. In the B'ves the chest disappeared behind the open front. In the Iconian Outfit, the chest disappeared through the side of the top.

They have since been corrected but I would guess that Trill markings may be tied to the disappearing acts.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    What's with the original image? An artifact of your vidcard in the tailor editor, or does equipping some of these costume parts make legs vanish? :/
  • Options
    Just a general FYI to everyone participating in this thread: I have submitted a ticket regarding the issues with both Terran costume Lobi packs. The word is that the team is not aware of this bug; I have enlightened them with links to three other forum threads on the topic.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,268 Community Moderator
    What's with the original image? An artifact of your vidcard in the tailor editor, or does equipping some of these costume parts make legs vanish? :/

Its a bug. I've seen it myself and others have reported it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »

Does it happen just in the editor, or does your character look like that in zone?

• Options
    rattler2 wrote: »

Does it happen just in the editor, or does your character look like that in zone?

Both.
  • Options
    Dang...something is definitely bugged on these packs.
  • Options
    merciantrooopermerciantroooper Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Another one to add to the list (unless it is only affecting me) is that I cant select the dagger armband on any of my male chars unless they are wearing NON-MIRROR uniforms options! On females I can select it, but not on males. That plus almost all of the problems above has left me feeling competely ripped off.
  • Options
    Another one to add to the list (unless it is only affecting me) is that I cant select the dagger armband on any of my male chars unless they are wearing NON-MIRROR uniforms options! On females I can select it, but not on males. That plus almost all of the problems above has left me feeling competely ripped off.

Patience. They know about the issues now. Give them a little time and space to fix them.

• Options
    smeagolsneakysmeagolsneaky Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    My Issue is that the provided mirror tops look nothing like the one worn by the Leeta Artwork :(
  • Options
    underdose35underdose35 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    The shorts from the Leeta's outfit pack also don't unlock in the tailor for many players, including myself.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    My Issue is that the provided mirror tops look nothing like the one worn by the Leeta Artwork :(

That's because that particular top is in the Odyssey pack, but there is one of the three in the Jupiter pack that is pretty darned nice, IMHO. But the combination Leeta wears is probably the best aesthetically. If they get the issues worked out with these packs, I'll likely get both.
  • Options
    merciantrooopermerciantroooper Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Patience. They know about the issues now. Give them a little time and space to fix them.
    I really hope they do soon, although I remember how long it took them to fix the TOS Romulan outfits when they came out. We might have to wait a while! ;)

• Options
    mithrethormithrethor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The shorts from the Leeta's outfit pack also don't unlock in the tailor for many players, including myself.

Yup, this happened to me, as well.
    Mithrin/Mithrethor
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Just to confirm that the shorts were advertised in colors other than red:

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/4e/8d/4e8d57470223f971f1c52ae3e95ecaf61453829459.png
  • Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    azniadeet wrote: »

This is also an issue on the KDF Mirror Uniform, at, the neck and collarbone. I've seen similar clipping on the KDF-aligned Reman uniform top, at the chest and back, when filling out a male character's pecs, shoulders, and deltoids. For some reason, neither top appears to play well with a large male toon running or inhaling too deeply.

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,268 Community Moderator
    schloopdoo wrote: »
    azniadeet wrote: »

This is also an issue on the KDF Mirror Uniform, at, the neck and collarbone. I've seen similar clipping on the KDF-aligned Reman uniform top, at the chest and back, when filling out a male character's pecs, shoulders, and deltoids. For some reason, neither top appears to play well with a large male toon running or inhaling too deeply.

I've seen clipping around the shoulder blades on my female Orion.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I could even deal with a little clipping, so long as 1), what I bought with Lobi or Zen is actually in the pack in its entirety, and 2), that we get the full color range and vanishing legs taken care of on the Terran shorts.
  • Options
    Sounds like some fixes are coming today.

Thanks to the costume artists for the attention! I love all the devs equally... But you character artists are secretly my favourite. ;p
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    The uniform issues aren't completely fixed after the patch. My male Rigelian and male human both have clipping around their shoulder blades on their backs when wearing the sleeveless Odyssey Terran uniform tops and the color/reflective nature of the shorts don't match the sleeveless Odyssey tops on my female characters.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    The uniform issues aren't completely fixed after the patch. My male Rigelian and male human both have clipping around their shoulder blades on their backs when wearing the sleeveless Odyssey Terran uniform tops and the color/reflective nature of the shorts don't match the sleeveless Odyssey tops on my female characters.

The team did some good fixes for the sets, and I'm grateful. In addition, to the clipping and textures, the Kobali female model still has vanishing legs when the Terran shorts are worn.

I agree on the texture of the Terran shorts. There is a slight, general reflective texture to them, but it's only noticeable when a darker color is applied. Most of the female tops have a more specific glossy texture; they look like they may be made of leather or vinyl.

I think the shorts should have have some of the basic textures imported from Champions Online. Most costume parts there have three basic texture settings; cloth, leather and metal. The leather texture does a good simulation of rubber as well, and the metal texture can also look like latex or vinyl on the right items. I think one or both should be added to the shorts; being as the tops have a matte and glossy texture, I'd like to see a glossy texture available to the shorts- the more reflective the better. The glossy textures on the club wear would do nearly perfect.

• Options
    The shoulder-top ranks are awesome... better than the rank badges I expected. (I wish they were available with other uniform options, in fact)

The additional badge options are also aces.

And the shorts fix was great.

Only think I'd still like... not to sound ungreatful, are fleet emblems on sleeved mirror outfits.

All in all, thanks for the fixes and updates! You work is appreciated!!