test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Investigate Officer Reports MISSING

ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
So I'm sure I'm not the only who noticed that the mission "Investigate Officer Reports" is missing. I thought this would have been put in the Emergency Patch Notes we got today, but it's not. So it's definitely a bug that just hasn't been reported enough. Just hope that Cryptic are aware of this bug and are planning on fixing it soon.

Comments

• opekisopekis Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    There seems to be nobody else talking about this problem on forum. It is very unusual...
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    opekis wrote: »
    There seems to be nobody else talking about this problem on forum. It is very unusual...

Well I think everyone's distracted with the Anniversary Event and new Lockbox. I noticed it because I had picked up the mission the day before Thursday's patch and when I logged on, it dropped the mission for whatever reason, and I couldn't find it again.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    Or they decided to just remove the mission (again) and hoped no one really notices.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • tigeropsftigeropsf Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Oh I've noticed alright. And you're right, it does seem incredibly suspect considering it hasn't been mentioned at all.
    I can't find this thread in regular part of forum, just from search...
    tigeropsf wrote: »
    Oh I've noticed alright. And you're right, it does seem incredibly suspect considering it hasn't been mentioned at all.

It sure as hell better be a mistake on Cryptic's part and not an attempt to once again, remove something from the game without telling us and hope no one notices. And if they say they did it because people are "exploiting" it, that's complete BS! Regardless of what Foundry mission you're doing, the least amount of time it takes is roughly 20-30 minutes, and that's for what, roughly 2K dil? That's it! And if they are concerned about exploits, fine, then get rid of those specific Foundry missions, don't TRIBBLE everyone else out of it! And this mission has been available for how long now!?
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    Indeed, I just dropped in here to see if there was any word on this issue and only discovered this thread via our search feature. I sincerely hope IOR is simply just bugged right now, rather than it having been stealth-nerfed. IORs are a wonderful incentive for players to explore Foundry play and I often encouragingly mention IOR to friends who've never given Foundry missions a go.

Would love some word on why IOR has mysteriously gone missing!
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    i tried to post the problem to the support site and i am being given the equivalent of the run around. i am far from satisfied of thier solution to the problem and there review will show highly to my disgust on the efficiency of thier support staff.
  • carbonunit13carbonunit13 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Cryptic you planning to address this issue with some form of response?

You know we all could start repeatedly reporting it within the in-game bug queue. Each day submitting like 10 tickets. Just between us that could be like 50-100 a day?

Just saying if they want to ignore it, make it to where they can't.
  • eugenesyseugenesys Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    I can confirm IOR is also not in my list
    SRS has had many members asking us what has happened to this. We are now going to contact the devs to see if we can get a resolution or at least an explanation.

Please do, and come back with their response here. It just seems like they're trying really hard to avoid addressing it. Even the patch notes don't mention it.
    AND NOW THE FOUNDRY ITSELF IS DOWN, AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh Cryptic, how you never fail to live up to the reputation I see you as!
    SRS has had many members asking us what has happened to this. We are now going to contact the devs to see if we can get a resolution or at least an explanation.
    Please post here If you find out some new information...
  • mastergeek63mastergeek63 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I want this option to come back. Please, please, please...
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    I want this option to come back. Please, please, please...

Bonus rewards (you still earn some dilithium for completing foundry missions as part of the normal playthrough) are coming back in the form of a small foundry rewards revamp. Work is ongoing on that.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!