test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Hotfixes Incoming!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited January 2016 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hey folks,

I've gotten various reports of issues related to the Anniversary event. Some are related to the ships, some are related to the omega particles, some are related to the readied ship bug, and some are related to the new cat Whiskers. I'd like to inform you that the team is working very diligently to resolve issues as soon as possible. I've been in conversations with the developers and we're nailing down the bugs, working on a build for tomorrow.

This means we're going to have an emergency maintenance. Yes this sucks, but I'll be damned if I don't follow through on what I see as something that's preventing ya'll from celebrating with me. I'm holding off on patch notes for the time being, until I have a defined set of fixes (that'll be going up later this evening). I'm hunkering down though in order to make sure these go out for ya'll tomorrow.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    good to hear, doing the anniversary daily without particles appearing in certain zones was a nightmare..
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Thank you!!!
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Certainly appreciate fixes coming quickly. ;)

Those Krenim pe'taQs took muh legs!

:#
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    I've said it before and I will say it again. . .

You are the BEST cm this game has ever had. .

Please don't ever leave.

Thank you for your hard work and help with things in sto.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • opekisopekis Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    What is going on with investigate officer reports? When i was back in game after downtime i wanted to play some foundry missions but when i checked for officer reports it was nowhere to be found.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    Wait, what's this about cat whiskers? :o
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Does the new mission work properly? I haven't had a chance to log in yet today.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User

I noticed that, too. Had to mail them to myself.
  • cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Did the cat Whiskers get sick...

Who's going to scare the server hamsters into running that power wheel at max power

Somthing is needed to power all those shiny new fed computers on those used KDF ships...i mean talk about underpowered...

You know it's bad for the empire when the accolade you get for talking to the ship and shuttle requisitions officer as a KDF for the first time is "Used Car Salesman"

Feddy Fazbear be All Up in this post
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    This is good. Glad to see the fix coming in fast. Also glad I hadn't started it yet, to give time for bugs to be sorted out.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • daidojihimedaidojihime Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    What is this about the new cat Whiskers?
    Is that a pet or did the caitins get a upgrade?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,608 Arc User
    Probably a joke :) but the Terran costumes are apparently messed up too :(

See the bugs forum for broken Omega areas -- DS9 ground, Starbase 39 ground, Rura Penthe space, Defera Ground social map

Also: someone goofed and turned on lock box notifications for the T5 Weaver instead of the T6 Tarantula. The server generating thousands of extra flyby notifications is not helping :(
  • iranoveryourdogiranoveryourdog Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I'm really upset that I can't finish the samsar project I have slotted that is 64% done... I could't care less about having a krenim ship...but i want the kobali one dammit. I have patiently waited a year, and now I'm just screwed... gee thanks. Also, for the record, I'm not some whiny kid...I'm 37, and I have a life outside of STO. I know this rant is probably going to fall on deaf ears (blind eyes?), but I thought someone should know they have one VERY unhappy customer here...been playing this game for 3-4 years now, but now, I'm seriously tempted to just uninstall it, and eat the LTS cost as a mistake :/
    I'm really upset that I can't finish the samsar project I have slotted that is 64% done... I could't care less about having a krenim ship...but i want the kobali one dammit. I have patiently waited a year, and now I'm just screwed... gee thanks. Also, for the record, I'm not some whiny kid...I'm 37, and I have a life outside of STO. I know this rant is probably going to fall on deaf ears (blind eyes?), but I thought someone should know they have one VERY unhappy customer here...been playing this game for 3-4 years now, but now, I'm seriously tempted to just uninstall it, and eat the LTS cost as a mistake :/

Relax, it has already been acknowledged as a bug and will be fixed soon, possibly even tomorrow.

Relax, it has already been acknowledged as a bug and will be fixed soon, possibly even tomorrow.

If this is true, then I retract everything above. IF.
  • lagomorphiclagomorphic Member Posts: 82 Arc User

They're going to have a patch up tomorrow for the omega daily and you can get 400 tokens for that Samsar right now by running the new episode. You're not "screwed" just mildly inconvenienced at worst.
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    Thanks everyone for the work to get the Omega Particle Game fixed.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Does the new mission work properly? I haven't had a chance to log in yet today.

Yes, the mission works fine. I haven't heard of anyone having any problems with it yet and I completed it without issue.

Thank you Trendy and the rest of the team for the bug fixes, they're appreciated. :)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    I hope they fix the reputation project bug as I have waited a year to finally finish the last part of my samsar.

"What if I have a partial Anniversary Reputation project in progress?

Those of you that already have an anniversary ship project in progress from a previous year’s event WILL NOT lose any progress, and can simply finish that project either with your existing Qmendations, or with the new currency when it arrives."
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User

See the bugs forum for broken Omega areas -- DS9 ground, Starbase 39 ground, Rura Penthe space, Defera Ground social map

Also: someone goofed and turned on lock box notifications for the T5 Weaver instead of the T6 Tarantula. The server generating thousands of extra flyby notifications is not helping :(

The terran outfits are mostly fine once they're unlocked, although the palette on the shorts is severely limited (using the board shorts palette for some reason). The real issue is with the unlocks, because for some reason the Jupiter (Leeta) only unlocked 3 of the jupiter shirts, whereas odyssey unlocked about 8 of them and the shorts.

• norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    cuatela wrote: »

The terran outfits are mostly fine once they're unlocked, although the palette on the shorts is severely limited (using the board shorts palette for some reason). The real issue is with the unlocks, because for some reason the Jupiter (Leeta) only unlocked 3 of the jupiter shirts, whereas odyssey unlocked about 8 of them and the shorts.

Near as I can figure, neither set unlocks the rank insignia that goes on the shoulders. The Leeta set has the arm dagger, however the preview for the Odyssey set shows it. Aside from the aforementioned mostly red color palette that the short shorts are stuck on, from what I've read they can't be used on alien gen characters and they make the legs disappear on Trill.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    Here's hoping there is a fix for the crashing loading major zones, driver hangs, and many other issues that have been plaguing the game for the past couple of weeks.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    I follow through, damn it.
    Thanks to you and the devs for working very late on this, and for posting the patch details tonight for us to see. We appreciate it!
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Folks, be realistic... there are so many new bugs introduced by today's patch, on top of older bugs (such as the Omega Particle one, which was promised to be fixed last year but never was)... it's impossible they'll fix everything, much less anything, during tomorrow's outage. I hope I'm proven wrong though :).
    Folks, be realistic... there are so many new bugs introduced by today's patch, on top of older bugs (such as the Omega Particle one, which was promised to be fixed last year but never was)... it's impossible they'll fix everything, much less anything, during tomorrow's outage. I hope I'm proven wrong though :).

Did you notice the thread next to this one with the patch notes? They are including quite a few fixes.

They're going to have a patch up tomorrow for the omega daily and you can get 400 tokens for that Samsar right now by running the new episode. You're not "screwed" just mildly inconvenienced at worst.

The game won't let you spend the new tokens on the old project. even though it clearly says in the project description that you can use tokens from ANY of Q's anniversary events...so ummm...no. If there is no way to finish it, then I am essentially "screwed" on the time I spent in the first place... I don't know about you, but time is fairly important to me, I don't enjoy wasting it.
  • merciantrooopermerciantroooper Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I'm having an issue with the new mirror uniforms. I can only equip the dagger armband on my non-mirror uniforms on my male char. Everytime I select one of the new mirror tops, the armband disapears from the arm attach menu. And yet they work fine on my female officers. I can select the ody mirror top and the armband. Also, is it correct that the shorts only have the option of being in red? The preview pic shows them being black. Also, why is there no rank options on the mirror ody?

Other people have possibly mentioned these things but it never hurts to mention it again. I hope a fix comes soon because as it stands I feel like I have wasted 350 Lobi crystals on these packs.
  • xoelloexoelloe Member Posts: 68 Arc User

The game won't let you spend the new tokens on the old project. even though it clearly says in the project description that you can use tokens from ANY of Q's anniversary events...so ummm...no. If there is no way to finish it, then I am essentially "screwed" on the time I spent in the first place... I don't know about you, but time is fairly important to me, I don't enjoy wasting it.

How exactly are you screwed? Any event tokens you earn you can contribute later - presumably even today - when they fixed the 2015 slotted projects to accept this year's tokens.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/434k28/2015_anniversary_reward_project_can_it_be/

So, again, what is it that you do not grasp?

This discussion has been closed.