test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mediocre story,again.dont read this if you havent finished new story.this is mi opinion nothing more

First i like the place in future,like the how all looks,all good and fine.
Story-like somebody wrote without any sense or pasion.No spoilers.
I like to see strong story after 2 months,1 good ship,not 3 ships and one bad/mediocre story.
When you wright about future,make me at least something i can say yes that could happend,example ship from our timeline cant,cant kill ships from future.Why not give us some future temporal ship and with future ship you go after future enemies.

This feels like star trek for idiots. dissapointing mission.

Comments

• Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    I liked it
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    I loved it as well and has a certain irony for a specific ship if you have it.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    It has the two most beautiful and impressive maps in the game. Apart from that, meh.. the story is not very believable.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I like to see strong story after 2 months,1 good ship,not 3 ships and one bad/mediocre story.
    When you wright about future,make me at least something i can say yes that could happend,example ship from our timeline cant,cant kill ships from future.Why not give us some future temporal ship and with future ship you go after future enemies.

Wright.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Well, I don't know what to tell you OP, I just got finished with the mission and I really enjoyed it.

I thought it had a good flow, strong story and it felt a little different then the previous missions. Instead of just posting that something 'sucks' or is 'unimaginative,' perhaps you should post how you think it should be done differently. Post some actual constructive criticism.

After all, you seem to think you can do a better job, so by all means, lets hear how it should have been. It's easy to just tear apart someone else work without offering any type of constructive feedback. What specifically did you not like and why?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    Time Travel stories are very difficult to pull off, and tend to fall open if the viewer/reader/player spends any amount of time looking past the shiny parts of it.

Here we have that problem, plus the fact that we're able to curb stomp ships hundreds of years more advanced than our own. More popcorn villains. As this is happening I'm staring at the screen in disbelief and that in turn makes me look at the other problems with the story.

What problems you ask: how about the one where as our villain is the only person to review the protected logs (something that never would be allowed, you never put all your information into one single source) when others would have too and flagged him as potential risk. From this one stupid plot point we have hung the Builders and the entire temporal war.

DUMB.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User

Wright.

really?? .yeah mi native language is not english ,but really??you got me ,but still very bad story,story for children.

This is like new star wars,if you dont have brains all is good.

Do not, DO NOT compare this to The Force Awakens (or its Star Trek counterparts, for that matter).

At least the only problems here can be sort of handwaved away as gameplay mechanics and the innate difficulty of making a time travel story work. And bad Krenim security, I guess, but that one seems to be par for the course in fiction, so whatever. (Not that the gameplay part's not ridiculous anyway, but... There. Is. No. Comparison.)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I thought it had a good flow, strong story and it felt a little different then the previous missions. Instead of just posting that something 'sucks' or is 'unimaginative,' perhaps you should post how you think it should be done differently. Post some actual constructive criticism.

To me it felt just the opposite, like a myraid of other missions before it. The whole ground map part just seemed like something from the old kuvah'magh mixed with a bit of Second Wave. Nothing new, nothing exciting, completely exchangable enemies and NPCs.

The only thing that seemed a little bit unique to me was the "chase"-part at the end.

It's definately one of those "play for the rewards and never return"-kind of episode.
    DUMB.

In addition to that, there are tons of small holes and inconsistencies within the episode:
    - time-captain specifically asks for our our captain to join the conference, yet after meeting Walker the first time, he is surprised and happy to see him/her, as if he had expected a random guy.
    - Starfleet decides to send ONE representative to the conference, you, but no one, neither Starfleet nor the time police seems to take issue with the fact that we're taking our fully armed away team, as well as hundreds if not thousands of crew members along.
  • Options
    magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User

How about you work on your mediocre writing skills, grammar skills, English skills, and overall social skills before talking about the mediocrity of the mission. If you could write a better story in your sleep, you would have at least written a a well crafted post regardless of whether or not English is your first language. Not to mention presenting a proper and intelligent argument.
    Joined August 2009
  • Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    Having seen new episodes that were designed to feature a new ship before (and still having to play through them whenever I level a new toon), I found it a tremendous breath of fresh air that the featured ship is an enemy vessel that I have to confront. More of this in the future, please. Seeing what the ship can do in the hands of a character who knows how to operate it is much more impressive than requiring me to pause in an episode's third act to figure out the keybinds on some unwanted loaner ship that I've been saddled with.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User

How about you work on your mediocre writing skills, grammar skills, English skills, and overall social skills before talking about the mediocrity of the mission. If you could write a better story in your sleep, you would have at least written a a well crafted post regardless of whether or not English is your first language. Not to mention presenting a proper and intelligent argument.

Bashing a non-native English speaker because of his/her English skills...now that's very mature and an example of extraordinary social skills.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    .so ships from our time kills ships from distant future with no problem,without any help,this is good???
    This make sense to you,becouse indians could kill modern tank with a bow?.

See, you don't even understand the story, but you are here ripping it apart.

If you're referring to the ships you fight at the Temporal Accord meeting, no one knows for sure where those ships even came from. There were creatures from all throughout time at that meeting, what exactly makes you think that the ships you fought were any more advanced then yours? They never say the Krenim forces are from that time or from the future, the leader is from our time. Even later when you fight the Annorax, you even say in your dialogue that the captain is a researcher and ill matched to take on a seasoned starship captain even if he does have a strong ship.

As other said, you're here claiming you can do better when you not only don't understand the story but can't even properly formulate a constructive and clearly written forum post. Every word you say makes it even harder to take you seriously.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    See this is why I chose to do the mission on this character and his Temporal Destroyer.

2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    This honestly felt like it could've been the NEXT episode to play following the anniversary event. It was a good mission and whatnot, but nothing that would be fitting of an anniversary celebration.

Same vibes I got last year with Dust to Dust. :/
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    .so ships from our time kills ships from distant future with no problem,without any help,this is good???
    This make sense to you,becouse indians could kill modern tank with a bow?.

If you're referring to the ships you fight at the Temporal Accord meeting, no one knows for sure where those ships even came from.

Seriously, that's what you're going with? You've decided on your own (i.e. nothing in the adventure indicates this and other elements indicate otherwise) that a guy with time travel and access to the Builders brought tech far worse than yours to attack what had to be the most secure meeting of the era. If that's the storyline, it's even dumber than I thought.
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    I actually really liked this episode. I thought it really hit home the idea that there was a lot of ambiguity behind the Temporal accords. Species like the Na'kuhl are left to suffer in spite of the fact that the destruction of their home was clearly due to a temporal violation. Meanwhile, Noye's life is left in shambles over our meddling in the time stream in previous episodes. Yet even though we clearly screwed up the timeline, there is no attempt made to restore it to the way it was. I think this makes the Temporal Accords, and the resulting alliance created in the future a morally grey area. Both Noye, the Sphere Builders, and the Na'kuhl are all justified in their hostilities against this alliance.

Other than that, the visuals for this mission were gorgeous. I can get some of the technical nit picks people have over timeline stories, because that is something that tends to bug me more often than not as well, but I think this story does okay with it.