test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Closed

Look I know the launcher has a dot that changes color for server status. But it only seems to be reliable during scheduled maintenance. Which we already know there is scheduled maintenance from the big red rectangle that warns us the night before and during.

But today 1-25-16 there was a serious server crash. Even if you could log in, you could not accomplish anything except walk around. Could not interact, do DoFFs, Specialization anything. You would also get the disconnected from server or just dumped back to the login (not even character select).

There really should be a server status description. Because it still shows the server online, but whats the point when the servers are having issues. You need to have a little section on the launcher AND the website that keeps the players in the loop. Such as "We are aware of the server issues and they should be fixed by such and such time. Even if you do not know how long, you can tell us, so we at least know there is something being done."
Post edited by imperialgemini on

Comments

• Options
    tareksintareksin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Even so, There should be some kind of status on the page. Like http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status for example. And a prevision on how long will it take to repair.

I'm trying to connect and the launcher says 'tried to connect x times' but nothing more. That doesn't mean anything. It could be my ISP, or even my computer
  • Options
    rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Yeah , its been about a day now with this latest DoDS attack . I seam to not be able to log in what so ever. Just like yesterday. Is there something I am doing wrong, or is this nonsense still going on?
  • Options
    imperialgeminiimperialgemini Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    The status light showed the servers were online because the servers WERE online. The problem was caused by a network problem brought on by an attack. Nothing was wrong with the servers.

That does not invalidate my point. They need to post somewhere online that the network was suffering from attacks and they were aware and fixing the problem. Keeping their loyal players informed is the least they can do. It is not just these instances. They never respond to bug submissions. They have NOTHING that says what bugs have been reported and the status of the fix. The forums are a pain to search through because there can be multiple forums on same issue and the Devs rarely reply or link to an answer.

Look I love the game, but they have one of the TRIBBLE poorest communication and customer service systems in place. I have played other MMORPGs that not only responded to bug submissions, you could access the ones you submitted in the past. They had a dedicated web page to search and see what issues and if it has been reported. They also had the ability to consolidate submissions so if multiple items were placed in the forum as well they could direct you to a single update page. I remember playing Everquest and even they would post periodic updates when there was network issues. Even if all the update was to say that they were still working on it.

They have had the bug on the new tier 6 Breen Dreadnought ship for weeks now. Nothing has been fixed and there has been no word on if they are even working on a fix, despite multiple forum posts and I know I posted a couple bug submissions on it. The Omega Particle that can not be reached on Starbase 39...seems like this was a problem LAST YEAR and it still is a problem. They say to drop the mission and get new spots. I have dropped it several times and it keeps giving me the same spots. So now that character cannot complete it.

They really need to improve their communication and their response to issues. They suffer incredibly in that regard. Especially when we pay hundreds for a lifetime subscription and continue to pay for other services such as ships and attire and keys. We pay for a service and expect them to respond to our needs.