test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If Star Trek did a new show, where and when should it be set with what theme?

Comments

• Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    A total reboot, going back to it's core. It should be a family friendly sci-fi action adventure series. TNG style stories but with the fun of TOS. Plenty of lively, likable and fun characters. They should of course be professional, but also more human than the cast of TNG.

It should feel like the characters are actually on the frontier, not a bus stop away from a star base (which even Voyager felt like).

No reams of meaningless technobabble, which really got on my nervse.

Plenty of real character drama (not dark gritty like BSG, but still enough to cause some corners of sci-fi fandom to scream "soap opera!").

Basically a more serious (and consistent) Doctor Who, only without the central character knowing everything.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    IMO, a new Trek series needs to get back to Exploring Strange New Worlds, Seeking Out New Life and New Civilizations, and Boldly Going Where No One Has Gone Before. Send the ship(s) off to a region of the galaxy (or a neighboring galaxy) that is mostly unknown both to the audience and to the Federation.
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    A new Enterprise crew sometime after the events of Nemesis and exploring the remainder of the Alpha quadrant. it would have the feel of the TOS in the sense of everything seen is new (new worlds, new species and new encounters). it would be a way to re-do TOS since it was cut so short without going back and re-doing TOS.
  • Options
    stohaydenstohayden Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I actually don't want to see one setting. What I would really like is for each season be about one time and location. So we could see:

1) Earth: The eugenics war featuring an actual Indian Khan! (Can anyone mention an Indian character in ST???)
    2) The liberation of Bajor from the Carassians.
    3) Formation of the UFP
    4) Klingon story arc.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,404 Arc User
    Why should a genetically-engineered person be Indian (or any other particular ethnicity) just because they have a Sikh name? That might have simply been what was assigned to him in the lab while his genes were being assembled from whoever donated them. Seems awfully baseline-centric to make assumptions like that...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    stohayden wrote: »
    1) Earth: The eugenics war featuring an actual Indian Khan! (Can anyone mention an Indian character in ST???)

Engineer Singh from TNG.
    jonsills wrote: »
    Why should a genetically-engineered person be Indian (or any other particular ethnicity) just because they have a Sikh name? That might have simply been what was assigned to him in the lab while his genes were being assembled from whoever donated them. Seems awfully baseline-centric to make assumptions like that...

I think it was intended for him to be Indian as Montalban wore some sort of brown-face in Space Seed.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    As long as it's good I'm not that bothered where they set it.
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    After Nemesis, but something with a little bit more emphasis on action. OP said JAG, maybe yeah. Honestly, for people that watched the reimagined BSG, something like that, true space opera, with emotional consequences, something to glue you infront of the screen and make you cry when you remember you have to wait a week to see what's gonna happen next. With characters that are beliveable, flawed, and that you either love or hate, and are not just "meh" with.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
    Any new show by CBS needs to push the story forward in the prime universe. Period!
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    The portrait of Khan showed him wearing clothing typically associated with the region, and as mentioned, Montalban was made up in Brown Face: He was clearly portraying an indian character... If they were to make the episode today, they would likely cast Dev Patel or Naveen Andrews in the role...
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Ummm...
    Five month old thread....
    Can anybody say ZOMBIE!!!
    <searches for the golden shovel>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    pec3pec3 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    It would be good to make a Star Trek History movie. To follow timeline in this normal Star Trek universe from moment it all started.
    Like what was going on before First Contact, then we would have image from first contact, then between first contact and enterprise, then image from enterprise era, then between enterprise and TOS, etc. Until we come after the time of Nemesis. It could be shown what happened with Romulus, to bad we could not have Leonard Nimoy to act in that role, but it could be arranged to be seen by the eyes of some other people. And to see what is going on after that.
    Then we could put a plot in 2409 - 2410. It was always every Star Trek show more dedicated about federation, but we could make a movie about struggle of Romulans after destraction of Romulus.
    History of Klingons.
  • Options
    whistlerdavidwhistlerdavid Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    i would start the seires a few years after the next generation
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    How about my fanfic: Star Trek Online with a few modifications of my own

Its set in the Klingon War in 2407 a year after it started and its centered mainly around the Enterprise which is on the front lines and includes the Klingon and Romulan arcs with Koren and Jarok heading those. Its in a more wartime setting so not much exploration. My idea is after the Dominion War the Federation Council chose to milliterize Starfleet so the Federation I picture is more like the USA. So far I think its working along pretty well its how I like Star Trek, no fluffy, cuddly goody-goody Starfleet with what looks like one of those hotel waffle makers thats more like a cruise ship than a warship exploring deep space and run by a bald french pacifist (or in general: French) with stupid boring episodes like Trois mom in a coma, Troi becoming a cranky old lady, anything that has to do with Data or Wesley, or just the whole show except for certain episodes like Best of Both Worlds

In general what I want is something kinda like DS9 but with more... you know... whats the word... realism?
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    lessley00 wrote: »
    (...)
    In general what I want is something kinda like DS9 but with more... you know... whats the word... realism?

Explosions?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    lessley00 wrote: »
    (...)

Explosions?​​

If Michal Bay made it yes, but no I mean less... utopian
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    That headline's a bit misleading. CBS' corporate offices aren't exerting creative control over the new series - yet - but that's not the same as having "nothing to do" with it...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    It's hardly the best-written article I've read... There may be 'words to read', but it doesn't really say anything along the lines of the title... It pretty understandable that he have no idea about the creative plans for new characters, because:
    In fact, All Access is such a separate entity that Gellar himself is not involved. He explained in response to a followup question.

and:
    I don’t have anything to do with it,” Gellar said. “It really is for All Access. While the network will be broadcasting the pilot, I actually can’t answer any creative questions about it. I’m looking forward to seeing the new Star Trek. I think it’s going to be an exciting project.”

Someone doesn't know much about a project they don't have anything to do with!!! Shock horror!!! :p

• Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Since you asked I'm going to throw in my two cents... Many people will likely HATE this idea,, but bear with me here.

A brand new Ship with Bleeding edge technology (I mean stuff that makes TNG,DS9 and Voyager look like Windows 95 era tech) sets out on her maiden voyage. While testing to new Hybrid warp-slip-hyper speed engines the ship encounters some sort of unknown force that makes everything go whacko.. ( yes a bit Voyagery but keep reading) Once the ship returns to normal space and the crew pick themselves up off the deck everything seems normal. The captain orders the ship to the nearest spaceport for repairs and inspection just be safe,, however,, when they arrive at the base,, it doesn't exist. It has never existed. After some further investigating the crew realizes they have entered some sort of alternate universe ( KEEP READING ITS NOT WHAT YOU THINK) No federation,, no Starfleet,, Earth is a post-war wasteland with only a few million people on it. As the crew tries to figure out what to do next the engineer suggests they attempt to recreate the circumstances that created the issue.
    So once again the captain order the Hybrid warp-slip-hyper speed engines to full power and again they encounter the same unknown forces. When the ship returns to normal space,,, everything appears to be normal... but it just APPEARS that way....

So basically my idea is SORT OF a Sliders Trek show. Yes I know its not an original idea, however Trek hasn't ever done it before,, and it can be done in such a way that it doesn't feel like a rehash of Voyager or TNG. Every episode the crew could be dealing with some familiar,, yet different.

Another version of this idea would be to have the ship " ENGAGE" itself every few hours or days due to a computer virus implanted by a disgruntled designer.. this idea seems a BIT to much like Stargate Universe. Again,, Trek hasn't done it before,, but it has been done.

Feel free to tell me if this idea is TRIBBLE,, or has potential.. I wont take it personally... I promise... but I might cry... :'(
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The idea is interesting, but they'd run out of plausible alternates pretty fast, I think. Also, the one where the ship engages itself is the part that's too reminiscent of Sliders, IMO - they always had some deadline where they had to either kill some time while waiting for the device to engage, or race to get to the portal or they'd be stuck in the current timeline forever.

On consideration, however, I do see some promise here - because sometime either late in the first season, or during the second, they should figure out how to control this effect. Then we can have something similar to GURPS' Infinite Worlds setting, especially if they also run up against some mirror-universe-style interuniversal empire with the same technology. The possibilities are literally endless.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    The title's a bit of a mouthful. There's rumours of Enterprise related materials or a new show based off it coming out.

So I'm thinking, what should they do?

I feel they should do a JAG/NCIS based theme... probably set at ds9 a generation or two after the Dominion war. The children that grew up during the war are now officers in Starfleet. So we can see the impact of the war, the Borg invasion, Voyager's return. A decorated Starfleet officer after a skirmish with the Borg is offered command of Deep Space Nine. Deep Space Nine is given a full staff and the Commander of Deep Space Nine is the Judge Advocate General for the sector. Bajor has joined the Federation. So DS9 is responsible for the old Cardassian Border. We get to see cases of war crimes being settled, colony claims, that sort of thing. Guest stars would be like Odo in Dominion related issues. He's asking to have the Founder released. Everyone is gone except for Kira who is a vedak or the former station commander retiring. The defiant is replaced by another warship, up to date. There's a fleet stationed at DS9 with some troops but it's just a trade and administration station with the other side protected by a more peaceful Dominion.

There's many ways it can go, but I wouldn't do it with a war as the background, but rather the fallout of the war.

I'm going to say what I felt JJ should have done with his turn at Star Trek.

MOVE FORWARD. MOVE ON.

Move forward, move on, move far away from the eras Star Trek has already done. Do not go into the past. Do not go into the "modern" TNG/DS9/VOY/Dominion War. Do not even set it a generation after the Dominion War. Move much further on, say 100 or so years. There's more freedom to be had in a "future" setting, less tangling webs. The freedom to do what you want because it would be set so far down the timeline. The political climate can even be massively different from the end of DS9/VOY and the Dominion War.

A show set much later in time can still pay respect to Star Trek's roots and history and you know longtime fans will eat that up. But the future has less entanglements.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    The idea is interesting, but they'd run out of plausible alternates pretty fast, I think. Also, the one where the ship engages itself is the part that's too reminiscent of Sliders, IMO - they always had some deadline where they had to either kill some time while waiting for the device to engage, or race to get to the portal or they'd be stuck in the current timeline forever.

On consideration, however, I do see some promise here - because sometime either late in the first season, or during the second, they should figure out how to control this effect. Then we can have something similar to GURPS' Infinite Worlds setting, especially if they also run up against some mirror-universe-style interuniversal empire with the same technology. The possibilities are literally endless.

What if,, towards the end of the second season they figure out how to control the time between "jumps" however the final episode in season two reveals that they may have not only ended up back in there own universe,, but travelled 200 years into the passed..." To set right what once went wrong...."

Or not... was just throwing that out there. That would be an 80's/90s nostalgia conglomerate of ALL the great shows of that era A Star-Slider-Quantum-Trek with a few episodes of X-Trek thrown in for good measure. Honestly... I personally WOULD watch that show.. It would be pretty complicated to write for.. but if done right,, I think it could be EPIC!
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • Options
    penemue#7777 penemue Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I'd like to see an ensemble show (not sure if this is the correct term) accompanying a Starfleet ship and crew, a Klingon ship and crew and a Romulan ship and crew on the border of deep space going where no man/klingon/romulan has gone before set in the early 25th century. We'd get in depth contact with the three superficially different cultures involved, see how they act differently or alike in the situations they have to deal with and eventually how they interact with each other.

A "carrier jump ship" that can reach another galaxy or something would be the perfect excuse to force several species of the alpha quadrant together to, perhaps, check out another galaxy. Perhaps it has the limitation of only functioning in certain precise gravitational potential gradients - such as close to the black hole of a galaxy or something so it's not like they can jump in and out at will.

The Federation needs a supercapital ship - and something that can generate artificial wormholes under very specific conditions would be a good plot device - but with very specific conditions so it's not a "get out jail free card" or "jump back and forth between galaxies willynilly."

That's what I'd base a Star Trek series on - a supercapital jump carrier (about the size of a Voth city ship) invented by the federation with delegations from several Alpha Quadrant species unwilling to ignore the chance to visit another galaxy (and, naturally, spy on the Federation's new incredible technology - creating a never quite alleviated diplomatic tension between the admiral in charge of the city ship and the various Alpha/Beta quadrant delegations along for the ride).

It'd be a bit of all the Star Trek series: bit of Deep Space Nine's sense of a "multicultural station with the Federation ultimately in charge," a bit of Voyager's "lost in the unknown and cut off from Starfleet," and a bit of standard Star Trek visiting different planets and having wacky adventures.

All the ships in Star Trek are, more or less, the same size due, most likely, to the historical modelling constraints of the special effects of the era - only switching to 3d ships during the latter half of Voyager and DS9. The limitation for displaying relative giant scale of ships no longer exists in the 3d effects era. It would previously be very expensive to have a close up shot of a shuttle flying close to the hull of a galaxy class starship because the model of the galaxy class starship just wasn't that detailed and it wouldn't look good so a new model would have to be made to get such a shot.

That limitation no longer exists as a computer can handle massively different scales without taking up space and close up detail work can, generally, be procedurally generated for portions or the entirety of a model.

EDIT: Whoops, just read some more comments on this thread - looks like several of us wanted to see a "city ship in another galaxy" idea.
    Post edited by penemue#7777 on
    qD8QR3H.jpg?1

"At the end of the movie, I really care about what happens to the characters … but I’m pretty much missing Gene Roddenberry in J.J.’s interpretation … and at the end of the day, that’s just not OK for me." - Levar Burton

"[OrciTrek] doesn’t have the story heart that the best of my Star Trek had," - William Shatner

"It doesn’t have that element that made … Gene Roddenberry‘s ‘Star Trek,’ what it was." - George Takei

"The Gene Roddenberry years, when stories might play with questions of science, ideals or philosophy, have been replaced by stories reduced to loud and colorful action." - Roger Ebert
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    An Idea I had would be for the show to be set 100 years after TNG era...the galaxy has fallen into turmoil. The Federation collapsed and mankind is shattered among the stars. A young spacer finds a derelict ship in an asteroid field and discovered the ship is the Enterprise. (I haven't decided which on yet...I am leaning towards a museum NX-01). He makes this ship his own and decides that he'll use the ship to be a beacon of hope for humanity. To remain them of their past. As he goes along in his journey he'll meet people with skills he'll need and invite them to join the ship as crew.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

What if,, towards the end of the second season they figure out how to control the time between "jumps" however the final episode in season two reveals that they may have not only ended up back in there own universe,, but travelled 200 years into the passed..." To set right what once went wrong...."

Or not... was just throwing that out there. That would be an 80's/90s nostalgia conglomerate of ALL the great shows of that era A Star-Slider-Quantum-Trek with a few episodes of X-Trek thrown in for good measure. Honestly... I personally WOULD watch that show.. It would be pretty complicated to write for.. but if done right,, I think it could be EPIC!
    I'd just go with the idea that by the time they figure out how to control it they're hopelessly lost. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    penemue#7777 penemue Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Third possiblity: A remake of Enterprise. Do it again, following the rules I stated above. Maybe set in the Romulan war but following the established canon of both humans and romulans not making visual contact with each other. The show could let us take the human/allies perspective and romulan perspective, show how they are affected by it but there are no viewscreens and no personal interaction on a scale that would invalidate the canonical claim.​​

This is too much into Trek lore. Seasons 1-3 of ENT sucked because they didn't flush out any motives for nearly anyone in the series - instead opting for everyone to follow "magic and obfuscating people from the future." They couldn't seem to figure out how to make anything interesting happen when they had a foregone conclusion. I don't know why they struggled so much, but they did. Probably because they weren't willing to let the future go and just accept that not everything Johnathan Archer and crew did needed to be on grand scale heroic levels and tie into the rest of the franchise.

Season 4 was fun, but it was only fun for a trekkie. Anyone else it's way way too nerdy due to trying to fill in obscure discontinuities like "why did the Klingons not have ridges in TOS" (hint: it's because they didn't have vast sums of money to spend on makeup for the actors in the 60's and I don't think they technologically flushed out prosthetic makeup techniques as well either). These are some fun episodes for long-time Trek fans (I like them), but ultimately way too in depth to Trek lore to be accessible to anyone else. The Tellerite/Andorian/Vulcan/Romulan episode ended up being best simply for leaving everyone in their own time period with their own independent motives and really trying to naturally push them by their own political motives to the foregone conclusion of the formation of the Federation.
    Post edited by penemue#7777 on
    qD8QR3H.jpg?1

"At the end of the movie, I really care about what happens to the characters … but I’m pretty much missing Gene Roddenberry in J.J.’s interpretation … and at the end of the day, that’s just not OK for me." - Levar Burton

"[OrciTrek] doesn’t have the story heart that the best of my Star Trek had," - William Shatner

"It doesn’t have that element that made … Gene Roddenberry‘s ‘Star Trek,’ what it was." - George Takei

"The Gene Roddenberry years, when stories might play with questions of science, ideals or philosophy, have been replaced by stories reduced to loud and colorful action." - Roger Ebert
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I've said it before, but not recently, I would personally love to see a Nu-Trek version of TNG.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    khan5000 wrote: »
    An Idea I had would be for the show to be set 100 years after TNG era...the galaxy has fallen into turmoil. The Federation collapsed and mankind is shattered among the stars. A young spacer finds a derelict ship in an asteroid field and discovered the ship is the Enterprise. (I haven't decided which on yet...I am leaning towards a museum NX-01). He makes this ship his own and decides that he'll use the ship to be a beacon of hope for humanity. To remain them of their past. As he goes along in his journey he'll meet people with skills he'll need and invite them to join the ship as crew.
    It's called Andromeda. You should check out the first three seasons. (Then abandon ship - when Kevin Sorbo became Executive Producer, it went down the ol' porcelain fixture.)​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »

the problem with this is that small bits of info known in canon suggests the klingon empire are absorbed into the fedeation along with the bajorans, that implies a great deal of stability especially considering the klingons are not known to be peaceable.

anyway, if i were to have an idea of what i thought it could be about; a trek series set in a specific region of space for the most part, it is sort of like a one way pocket universe, what goes in never comes out, a federation starship looses power nearby a group of system, the ship is pulled along by solar winds and gravity, crash lands on a habitable planet, but electricity is none functional with exception to basic biological functions and sparks to start fires, it is not a dampining field per se but it is apart of what this pocket universe is about while exploring a great deal through the entire story.

over the years, the crew piece together what is going on in between exploring a lot of other things, they finally figure out what is causing the issue and discover the planet itself is nothing more than a naturally occuring anomaly and the reason it is a pocket universe is because it rotates around the star at a specific frequency, some of the crew finally reach space and find other systems nearby at low warp, here they discover more things to explore on the side and a key in how to alter the various planets as if they are pieces of a jigsaw puzzle and finally locate a "planet", however they realize it is a device the sphere builders once used on the xindi, however this one is significantly different. the trouble is that any adjustments could have serious ramifications for the life on these worlds. eventually clues are discovered that allow the crew to adjust the one way for limited access to escape, they manage to send a shuttle out of the area at last and contact a nearby klingon ship for help. the story ends.

the various encounters are pirates and scavengers, ranging from nausicaans, klingons, romulans, cardassians and breen to tholians, xindi, borg and ferengi. not just on the ground but out in space as well.

several notable ground and space wars take place and there is always a constant moral, polictical and idealogical line in the story that clash strongly at times.

a number of characters from the crew just for the hell of it, include a half arrogant cardassian, several bajorans with a chip on their shoulders. a klingon who wishes to mate with a female member of his own species and submerge himself in klingon ideals again. a group of vulcans who setup their own retreat in the mountains, the general human populace which consists of 36 survivors, lots of cadets, a few officers and 2 older crew members. and an assortment of others from other races including a ferengi.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.