Comments

• Options
    devilzaphandevilzaphan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Is this a troll post?
    Romulan sexy time
    romulancommander1.jpg

• Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    Nah man it's undersized. Do you know how frustrating it is to fly in and not be in the biggest ship in the game? That was literally the only thing that made it worth flying. It needs some serious buffs if it's not a size status symbol anymore. The scimitar is underpowered and undersized. Basically a worthless ship right about now.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Any post that's title that ends in "please fix" is a troll post.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    9345158350_1036770253_b.jpg
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    it is fine as it is.No need of fixing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    Nah man it's undersized. Do you know how frustrating it is to fly in and not be in the biggest ship in the game? That was literally the only thing that made it worth flying. It needs some serious buffs if it's not a size status symbol anymore. The scimitar is underpowered and undersized. Basically a worthless ship right about now.
    tacofangs wrote: »

See! Undersized! Just see my signature for details on the underpowered part!
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User

The length of the Ship is 860 meters not 1100 is has never been that long.
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Can't we just put a sovereign by a scimi and compare it to the crashing scene?
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    860 or 1100 meters, I don't see the difference. I mean this ship stays ugly whatever the size that she can have.

seriously; the devs have more important things to do that modify the size of this ship. But maybe the T6 scimitar will have the appropriate size
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »
    Any post that's title that ends in "please fix" is a troll post.

At least it's a polite troll post as it has the word "please" in it.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    I wouldn't worry about as the shiplist in this game is so unbalanced and the weapons are all wrong.To the OP you want this the same size as kdf BoP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User

All i took away from this image is that the Defiant is 45 meters over length. But then thats a hotly contested number since on screen refernces have the defaints as small as 80m and as large as 180m, 120m was the most common though if I recall, so its the length that sticks in my mind.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    khan1000 wrote: »

The length of the Ship is 860 meters not 1100 is has never been that long.

Both of your images put it at 890 meters, not 860. They also show that the Sovereign is a touch too large, too, if Tacofangs' 700 meter number is exact.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    narthais wrote: »

All i took away from this image is that the Defiant is 45 meters over length. But then thats a hotly contested number since on screen refernces have the defaints as small as 80m and as large as 180m, 120m was the most common though if I recall, so its the length that sticks in my mind.

Looking at the OP list of ship sizes, it shows 2 types of defiant style vessels, the defiant @ 120m, and the Vigilant class @ 180m, so this might be where your #'s are from possibly!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User

Seriously "underpowered" ? Sorry the highest DPS ship in the game and you claim it's underpowered.
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »

Seriously "underpowered" ? Sorry the highest DPS ship in the game and you claim it's underpowered.
    Boom..Its either a Scimitar or the Krenim ship...DPS monstar..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited January 2016

!!!also pls fix the 52 disrupter banks and 27 photon torpedo bays!!!! (joak)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    the problem with this whole thought process is you're assuming it's the same Scimitar that was in the movie. it isn't (obviously)

When the Romulan Republic needed a flagship, the Remans just gave them the designs for the original Scimitar, and they made their own version(s). And with their liking for all things BIG, they just made it bigger. And three variations on it too.

They may have found the finished design a bit too large and impractical in real use, so they MAY make a smaller version when it comes to update it. But I hope they don't. I don't want a Pilot Frizbee. I want a huge, oil-tanker Flagship, that takes three days to turn around, but has more firepower than half of Starfleet. That's its charm.

(If we're talking ridiculous scaling, how come my Frigate is almost as big as the sun? Or how a Voquh can carry Brels (that ship should be like 3x bigger). Scimitar is a bit bigger than the movie one? almost irrelevant.

I vote we change the title of this thread to "please DON'T fix it" :p
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    From the number i know of the defiant the ship is 170 meters length from deflector dish on the front to the exhaust ports on the rear of the ship. so the defiant is slightly too small. the sovereign is 685m length from the front of the saucer to the edge of the nacelle housings so the sovereign is slightly too large. the scimitar is 890m in length from the front tips of the wings to the nacelle housings on the rear so the the size there is far too big.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    I say nothing needs fixing. The ships scales are not 100% accurate in this game, anyway.