test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll For Spock's Robes Clothing Option

ikaika1986ikaika1986 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
Just a sudgestion. I would like to see Spock's robes in the tailor option (from the movie) or maybe even his rocket boots on risa available as a C-store promotion item , to commemorate Leanord Nemoy and the Spock character (in the novel).

Poll For Spock's Robes Clothing Option 55 votes

Yes i'd like to have Spock's robes available as a clothing option
65%
kirimuffinmadcorrectionsduncanidaho11orangeitisoldravenman3025garaks31baddmoonrizinjaymclaughlinkitsunesnoutlordsteve1kodachikunoneos472tousseauderrico1feiqagradiihistorynerd1tarran61voyagerwaskinggalatt 36 votes
No
34%
themartianhorridpersonmirrorchaosartan42cidjackcaptz1pparliekkosspacehermitdragnridrangrytargjam3s1701crashdragonsennahcheribiroduliantheliatmassxgroomofweirddavefenestratorazurealli4nce 19 votes
Post edited by ikaika1986 on

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Hm difficult choice. While I like that robe and have wondered if it'll be made available myself, I also feel that some clothing should remain special.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    how similar is it to what we have?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Spock's robe from the movie? With the head bandanna option?
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    They are somewhat like the rode's in the Romulan Embassy are they not? Yes I would like to see them account wide usable meaning, KDF, Romulan and Klingon gets to wear them like the embassy rode's.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    No
    a few reasons i am against the idea.

1. it is unique to spock and to turn something like that into something generic is in my opinion disrespectful.
    2. making a profit from such a thing is also wrong because Leonard died recently and its being used as an excuse.
    3. we already got robes like this in the customisation options anyway.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    No
    I would love to see more robe options with some species specific (like Vulcan) options, but I do agree with the idea that we should let Spock's robes stay Spock's.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,028 Community Moderator

1. it is unique to spock and to turn something like that into something generic is in my opinion disrespectful.

Except we do have character specific outfits already in the C-Store such as Seven's catsuit and T'pol's outfit, and you can get Khan's ST2 outfit if you log in via ARC. So uniqueness kinda goes out the window.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No
    rattler2 wrote: »

Except we do have character specific outfits already in the C-Store such as Seven's catsuit and T'pol's outfit, and you can get Khan's ST2 outfit if you log in via ARC. So uniqueness kinda goes out the window.

if you are not bothered to include the rest of what i mentioned last time as far the uniqueness is concerned then that is your problem. also was that really needed, to cause an arguement that has no reason for being?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    No
    I vote no, only because I'd rather have more then just 1.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I voted yes... I wold love Spock's robes... however... not as a cash item.

another poster had put it, it would be disrespectful to Nimoy's/Spock's memory to attempt to profit from it. Now as an event item, to commemorate his life and contribution to the Star trek universe, by all means... Yes.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    No
    No. It's in poor taste.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User

if you are not bothered to include the rest of what i mentioned last time as far the uniqueness is concerned then that is your problem. also was that really needed, to cause an arguement that has no reason for being?
    Doesn't look like an argument from here. Looks just like someone pointing a fact out.
  • Options
    Its not a disrespectful thing from my point of view. however, i see it as an honoring commemerative. i am attempting to change the poll descrition. as alot of people quote alot of stuff from spock. honorably.
  • Options
    and perhaps paying for it is a bad idea. i did put in the descirption that maybe it should be as a promotion idea as well. its true. it would be disrespectful to try an get money off of i, but im sure thier still selling spocks toys (with the robes on it).
  • Options
    Also, ive never seen spocks robes in the Romulan embassy. i dont know how that would be possible (as per novel) how the romulans would have spocks robes. finally, im pretty sure that Romulas was a star system far away from the vulcan star system.
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    No
    Are you just trolling? If you can't even spell, "Leanord Nemoy" don't ask for something to honour or commemorate him. I could suggest something that would improve your memory but I think it better to avoid the ban. I'm all for improvement or expansion of tailoring options; So much so I would pay for them happily. Not even taking the time to check the spelling of the actor's name while using him as vehicle for free stuff is vile and you are repulsive.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    No

2. making a profit from such a thing is also wrong because Leonard died recently and its being used as an excuse.
    3. we already got robes like this in the customisation options anyway.

^This right here^​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Petitions are against Forum rules.
    sry not petition, attemting to change to poll, ty.

• Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    Yes, always for more uniforms, more unique the better.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,028 Community Moderator
    orangeitis wrote: »

Doesn't look like an argument from here. Looks just like someone pointing a fact out.

I was pointing out a fact. The fact is we already do have character "unique" outfits available to us. Heck... Some of us even have Worf's season 1 baldric and hair if we were around for the TNG Anniversary.

There was no argument. Just a fact regarding costumes.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Becuase who would say no?

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I would like Spock's robes, but not as a clothing item, but as a trophy item. Kind of like a memorial piece that can be placed in the center trophy spot. Again, not a trophy but a memorial installation.
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    No
    More wearable robes for sure.
    But not Spocks.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    No
    I voted no, and I sat back and really though about why I said no. I came back and saw some really good answers against adding to them to the game and then it hit me why I really said no in the first place.

Just because it was in Star Trek does not give something an automatic pass to be included in the game. Hundreds of threads on these forums and on reddit are started by someone that goes on to say "I saw this episode and kirk-picard used etc etc and I think it should be added to the game."

Some people can write walls of text based on the merits/canon/etc on why it should be part of the game.

Basically what I am saying, think before you create a thread suggesting some item seen in one episode or movie to get added to the game.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    More clothing options are always good.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    No
    cidjack wrote: »
    I voted no, and I sat back and really though about why I said no. I came back and saw some really good answers against adding to them to the game and then it hit me why I really said no in the first place.

Just because it was in Star Trek does not give something an automatic pass to be included in the game. Hundreds of threads on these forums and on reddit are started by someone that goes on to say "I saw this episode and kirk-picard used etc etc and I think it should be added to the game."

Some people can write walls of text based on the merits/canon/etc on why it should be part of the game.

Basically what I am saying, think before you create a thread suggesting some item seen in one episode or movie to get added to the game.

But Cryptc set the precedent, you have to acknowledge that. They could have said "this is our Star Trek story set in the 25th century, period." Instead however they already force as many references as possible into the game, including playable and purchasable TOS costumes, weapons and ships, TMP stuff, TNG, their own designs, ENT - it is already just a theme park with absolutely no recognizable rules or progression and in almost every new episode we have some minor reference to something that once was in one of the shows or movies which appearantly is required to make this game "Trek" or something.

Asking for some minor oddity that was in one episode to be included in the game is what Cryptic already does.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    lorne12lorne12 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    I look forward to see this ingame:

st16.jpg

tumblr_inline_nkho1sGVNC1qbj5a2.jpg

nimoy_spock_stxi.jpg

You read an lorne12™ post

bZVIEMl.jpg