test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Horrible Lag

I am having horrible lag making the game essentially unplayable. Below is my tracert result. Nettest timed out each time.

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 3 ms 2 ms 4 ms 192.168.1.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 16 ms 12 ms 15 ms xe-5-0-2-sur02.bearcreek.tx.houston.comcast.net [68.85.252.113]
4 15 ms 11 ms 11 ms ae-1-sur03.bearcreek.tx.houston.comcast.net [68.85.247.237]
5 13 ms 17 ms 11 ms ae-27-ar01.bearcreek.tx.houston.comcast.net [68.85.246.45]
6 22 ms 19 ms 18 ms be-33662-cr02.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.92.61]
7 31 ms 18 ms 18 ms be-10-pe02.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.82.130]
8 19 ms 18 ms 19 ms dax-edge-03.inet.qwest.net [63.235.82.233]
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 61 ms 59 ms 59 ms 65.120.117.250
11 60 ms 59 ms 58 ms border11.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.104]
12 58 ms 60 ms 57 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78]
13 60 ms 60 ms 59 ms 198.49.243.250
14 795 ms 794 ms 758 ms 198.49.243.253
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 62 ms 59 ms 63 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

Comments

• Options
    skyojediskyojedi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It looks like you're from the Houston area like me and on comcast. I'm getting the same results you are - maybe it's a comcast issue for us. I've already reinstalled Win10 to check that, and it had no effect. It's been a regular problem for me for the last 2-3 weeks.
  • Options
    phyloephyloe Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Yes, I've never experienced this before. I've also had many issues with map loading, as others have. I have been unable to find a solution.
  • Options
    grob44grob44 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I also use Comcast in Detroit area, game just froze and wont reload, stuck at patch screen. Other internet connections OK.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    all the folks I've been chatting with today including myself are suffering from extreme rubberbanding, lag and 20 second long (approx) SNRs
  • Options
    msduckmsduck Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I'm from florida, not on Comcast, and had the exact same issue. had to log out, game was unplayable.
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    Now started in the UK,,,,,,,,,,,:(
  • Options
    lifesign11lifesign11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Ditto GA, has been a huge problem here for the past week.
  • Options
    neogameralpha#9948 neogameralpha Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I live in Southwestern Arizona and am using CenturyLink High Speed Broadband. Everything seemed to be functioning normally a few nights ago but I logged in yesterday just after noon local time and the lag was so incredible that I could barely turn my ship. Modifying in-game settings (Graphics) was impossible as well. It appears as though this is a nationwide issue and not limited to Cryptic Studios. I have posted a support request to Cryptic and also requested an investigation into the network-wide issues by my ISP Tech Support.

Hopefully these issues will be resolved as quickly as possible and we can all get back to the game. Until then please be patient :).
    Post edited by neogameralpha#9948 on
  • Options
    neogameralpha#9948 neogameralpha Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Well, my ISP did respond to my inquiry but with an obviously canned and blatantly incorrect message. "We detect no outages or errors in our network" Dig a little deeper Beaker. If AT&T Comcast and many other ISPs are showing outages on both the east and the west coast then CenturyStink is obviously playing dumb. Gotta love that customer service motto "Lure them in, lock the door behind them, bleed every penny out of em and pretend we're so very sorry when they terminate their contracts with us. Who cares if the revenue dries up?"
  • Options
    colobvious#3624 colobvious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Perhaps a DNS flush is in order. That's about the only thing you can do from your end that might help a little...

Open a command window (start --> accessories --> command prompt) or (start --> type in cmd)

Enter the command:
    ipconfig /flushdns

Reboot.

Not guaranteeing that'll help, because... well... Comcast sucks. But it couldn't hurt.

Other things you can do to lower ping times:
    Reset / power cycle your modem/router
    If you have a wired connection available rather than wireless, use the wired.
    Shut down other applications that may be running that use internet (auto-updates, weatherbots, etc...)
    Run a virus scan just to make sure...
    Colonel Obvious
    - Fleet Admiral
    - Executive Officer, 12th Fleet
    - Old Guy
    sup.jpg
  • Options
    chromatychromaty Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Same here... Im in germany, 16:00 (CET), monday (!) and the client and all features loading and loading.. Server not responding.. massive rubberband....
    Strange that this problems just have 30% (?) of players when its dilithium event!

I´m sure, 19:00 CET this problems will disappear like a ghost.

Its not my internet connection, or my cat or my grandma! It´s cryptic, it´s irritating! Sry.

eng_sig.jpg
  • Options
    trekerrobtrekerrob Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Lag has been appalling since the Anniversary started. I note with interest there are still many posts when searching Google mentioning the same during last years Anniversary event.

I now cannot log into the game at all. Disconnected from server or Connection to server has timed out.

I have no problem with any other games, online or otherwise. Why can't this be fixed permanently?

I'm a lifetime subber that's been part of the game almost from start, and I'm about to walk away permanently as the game is unplayable now.

You can't put out an Anniversary with such problems and expect people to celebrate.
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    trekerrob wrote: »
    Lag has been appalling since the Anniversary started. I note with interest there are still many posts when searching Google mentioning the same during last years Anniversary event.

I now cannot log into the game at all. Disconnected from server or Connection to server has timed out.

I have no problem with any other games, online or otherwise. Why can't this be fixed permanently?

I'm a lifetime subber that's been part of the game almost from start, and I'm about to walk away permanently as the game is unplayable now.

You can't put out an Anniversary with such problems and expect people to celebrate.

I am in the same boat. Lifer... always getting disconnected or times out. Its not how i want tot be celebrating.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    I am not a subscriber. At this point, I am glad of it. I've submitted so many support tickets and bug reports and each time they punch the ticket as if to say "Yeah, we got that..." but it doesn't say how they replied either in my email or on the ticket page itself. Looks like the mighty USS. Olympia E will have to return to ESD... for decommissioning... permanently.
  • Options
    whythechangewhythechange Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    trekerrob wrote: »

I am in the same boat. Lifer... always getting disconnected or times out. Its not how i want tot be celebrating.

Lifer here too! I'm glad I got it at the discounted price, it was close enough to my birthday and I was like, eh, why not!
  • Options
    spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    Or maybe it is connected with the DDoS attacks under discussion in the General Discussions section?