What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AMD crimson driver - Client crashing

13»

Comments

• Options
    cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    Finally went back to the 15.7.1 and still get some random load screen lockups...sigh ... well at least I can play a little more now
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • Options
    dev1961dev1961 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    look at release notes says resolved issue not letting a SMALL numer of players log in, to me thats an insult to amd owners
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Something has changed for me. Either with a game update or the newest driver I installed. But I'm back to playing with everything on again. Edit Dx11 didnt like me, but dx9 is working for me.

r9 270x 4gb
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    scarling wrote: »
    Something has changed for me. Either with a game update or the newest driver I installed. But I'm back to playing with everything on again. Edit Dx11 didnt like me, but dx9 is working for me.

r9 270x 4gb

Running DX9 still gets me an assured gameclient.exe has stopped responding on map transfers, and probably 50% of the time with any loading screen.

R9 280X 3Gb
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,804 Arc User
    Someone mentioned on the AMD boards that it is very likely STO has not been updated to recognize the Crimson driver. Until this happens, these issues are going to continue.
  • Options

r9 270x 4gb

Than I guess I'm an anomaly. dx9 is working for me on all graphics options maxed out. But like I said, dx11 still isn't.
  • Options

r9 270x 4gb

Than I guess I'm an anomaly. dx9 is working for me on all graphics options maxed out. But like I said, dx11 still isn't.

You are definitely not the anomaly!
  • Options
    jcsww wrote: »

r9 270x 4gb

Dx9 is working for you too?
  • Options
    jcsww wrote: »

r9 270x 4gb

Dx9 is working for you too?

I haven't tried, as DX9 would not be worth attempting to run in my opinion. The issues still remain in DX11.
  • Options
    chilleulechilleule Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    yeah, i can play with the "old" catalyst 15.11.1 drivers on dx11 maxed out... i won't downgrade my graphics to dx9 just for some xx.xx.1 newer drivers :>

come on AMD and CRYPTIC! There's Mail, E-Mail, Phones, Morse Code, Smoke Signals, Bush Drums... aaaaaanyway, just communicate!
  • Options
    lol there really is not much difference when it comes to this game between the two api's. This game isn't everything to me anyways, rather upgrade for FO4 right now over this mediocre game.
  • Options
    mobiusjurassicmobiusjurassic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I don't know if this is just me or not, but at least on my system I seem to have tracked it down to Bloom Quality set to High. I can run the game, even in DX11 mode. I can set every graphics setting except to Bloom to max, and have no problem. But as though on cue, the instant I ask the graphics settings to give me High Bloom Quality, GameClient.exe fails, and I either have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete or wait for the game to dump me out on the desktop.
  • Options
    nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    For those getting the crash, restart the game in safe mode from the launcher. After it starts up, adjust your settings from there, but the high option on Bloom causes it to ctd. Low quality bloom works fine.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: GameClient.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 56731e7a
    Fault Module Name: atidxx32.dll
    Fault Module Version: 8.17.10.644
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5661c405
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00049b9d
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    nepsthen wrote: »
    For those getting the crash, restart the game in safe mode from the launcher. After it starts up, adjust your settings from there, but the high option on Bloom causes it to ctd. Low quality bloom works fine.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: GameClient.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 56731e7a
    Fault Module Name: atidxx32.dll
    Fault Module Version: 8.17.10.644
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5661c405
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00049b9d
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Nope, it doesn't work. The moment I try entering a new zone the gameclient crashes during map transfer. Star Trek Offline is really an accurate name.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    With the anniversary event coming up after the winter events ends. I am going to take a guess that we will be incredibly lucky to see this issue with STO fixed before April of next year!
  • Options
    nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    It has to do with Cryptics coding and optimization with Radeon cards in general. There are very few people having issues with nvidia and it is leading my to believe this game is more optimized for nvidia and their phyz-x drivers.

I do not expect a fix. Has been radeon issues in the game since season 10.5 for me at least. Even with new hardware that performs top notch in every other game I play. I hope something is done :(
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    They still haven't fixed this? Goddamnit. I guess Cryptic doesn't want my business.
  • Options
    For what it's worth I submit an in-game ticket with every CTD. However I suspect they go straight into some sort of void never to be seen or heard from again.
  • Options
    cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Well, maybe by 2020 they will fix the AMD issues ...
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    I don't know about anyone else, but the latest Crimson update has *touches wood* fixed the problem, at least for me.
  • Options
    stofsk wrote: »
    I don't know about anyone else, but the latest Crimson update has *touches wood* fixed the problem, at least for me.

I just had my first GameClient.exe CTD with 16.1 after 3 minutes :(
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I will give the 16.1 hotfix a try and report back.

Edit: Seems fine to me! I have played for more than a half hour without any issues so far.
    Post edited by jcsww on
  • Options
    The 16.1 hotfix lets me the run at full settings but I'm still getting a GameClient.exe has stopped responding on map transfers and general loading.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I'm still running Catalyst 15.201.1 and I click "skip" every time the updater prompts me to update my drivers because of this pig-16.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    I haven't had a single crash on the 16.1 hotfix drivers. I have an AMD Radeon 7950 3GB though. The only issue I still have is the odd server disconnects, which is on PWE's side, a known issue, and hopefully being worked on.
  • Options
    spotter5spotter5 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    has the latest AMD (or STO) release fixed this issue yet? I'm still running on the old drivers which are becoming unstable for me so would like to update to crimson.